Disgusted

Anyone else get extremely disgusted by certain innuendos?

Like, if its a seriously good joke, I may be able to take it, but like straight up dirty things just make me feel really uncomfortable and creepy. And its sad, because its in our society so much!

Addition:

I am not completely against crude jokes, and have never experienced them directed at me, but some are over the top. That's all I meant with this post.

romantic-woman

When people talk about dirty things that they do i totally feel bad and ew but if there is a joke only i laugh, but i prefer not to include TMI.

Mostly only when they stop being funny. I had my friends make fun of my boyfriend for wanting "Sara-cake" which apparently is a reference to a TV show meaning to have sex with a chick named Sara. I share her name, and hence the joke.

After a week or so it stopped being amusing and started to just creep me the fuck out. My boyfriend never found it funny and we were so glad when they stopped.

But the super disgusting pick up jokes I can find on the internet make me want to puke and wonder if any of them have been uttered aloud. Like "If I flip a coin, what are my chances of getting head?" Or worse: "Can I put my wand inside your Harry Potter?"

Nah, I'm usually the one making the jokes. I only dislike them if they're directed toward me or a specific person in general. It's fine if it's from a close friend who I know is 100% joking, but it's those half serious ones that creep me out.

Nah, I'm usually the one making the jokes. I only dislike them if they're directed toward me or a specific person in general. It's fine if it's from a close friend who I know is 100% joking, but it's those half serious ones that creep me out.

Ditto this.

Oh, don't really have a social filter. I make jokes before the body is cold, as they say. I just don't care for sexual or degrading talk.

Except the cartoon Archer... I do love that show. :-)

Also Beavis and Butthead.

I'm not above double standards. hehe

I rarely get innuendos, but when I do I get really grossed out and mildly irritated.

I get jokes, most of the time I don't find them funny, and sometimes even degrading

However I don't mind if my friends make them UNTIL They won't stop. It gets so tiring

butterflydreams

I'm fortunate (unfortunate?) enough to have been completely desensitized to most crude jokes, humor, innuendos, etc. All thanks to my best friend from high school.

He loved shock value so I like to think I've heard pretty much all of it. Eventually you kind of separate yourself from it. Like watching a movie. It's not real, it has no bearing on your real life. So no reason to get too worked up. :)

I am quiet fine with jokes, as long as people do not expect me to react one way or another. Leave me in my little world of no-reaction-ever and we are cool.

I was raised with 2 older brothers, so I'm used to dirty/crude/sexual jokes/humor. I "get" them (and sometimes tell them). Buuut I do draw a line. I can't stand movies or shows where 90% of the humor is sexual. It gets exhausting and just...bleh. And I'm not amused by any such jokes referring to me. So to sum it up, I tend to get most innuendos, but I don't always like them when they go too far.

I don't like straight crude jokes.

I have no problems with stupid jokes, but the kind of joke that simply has no point besides grossing you out, I simply dislike.

It has a simple poor taste.

I usually miss sexual innuendos, but I usually get a sense that I missed something from the reaction of others around me.

most of my friends are heterosexual guys and very few of them know that i'm an ace. they view me as one of the guys usually so they make alot of those jokes, and i make them too.

i've had a weird question in my head as to whether i'm just making the jokes to throw suspicion away from me being an ace or i'm having fun making the jokes. i think i finally decided that i make those jokes because it makes them laugh, and that's more important to me than the content of the jokes.

ThePaperRose

I'm usually fine with jokes as long as the don't go overboard.

The marine biology club at my university was voting on T-shirt designs, and there were a couple of really good ones, but then there were things like a picture of a sperm whale with the caption "we're the reason the oceans are so salty!", or a narwhal saying "we're just a bit horny." It's like, no, that doesn't convey the purpose of our club at all. I was legitimately disgusted by these designs, and I was so afraid that they would be chosen, because I would never wear a shirt like that. We finally decided on a humpback whale saying "every day is hump day!" which is at least punny and doesn't make us marine bio majors sound sex-obsessed.

Oh, don't really have a social filter. I make jokes before the body is cold, as they say. I just don't care for sexual or degrading talk.

Except the cartoon Archer... I do love that show. :-)

Also Beavis and Butthead.

I'm not above double standards. hehe

I love Archer! *DANGER ZONNNEEEE!* XD

I generally don't have a problem with sex jokes (half my family are brits, so I hear them a lot XD) and they can be pretty hilarious. It's when I don't get them that I feel uncomfortable. But that's more a thing about being embarrassed for being stumped by something everyone else seems to understand. I don't think this has much to do with asexuality though... Cause I tend to be slow on the uptake anyway.

WhenSummersGone

Repulsion to sex jokes depends on my mood. If I'm indifferent I won't mind, sometimes I'll make them myself, but if I can't take in anything sex related then I get repulsed. So it depends.

I find innuedos fairly amusing but not if the person has a hidden agenda (sexual)

Sex jokes can be funny, but something really lewd I don't really want to hear about it. Luckily a few things I'm ignorant about and will never know what it is (hopefully).

I'm uncomfortable with them. Intetestingly, sexist jokes have no impact on nonsexist people and are good for just a laugh, but with sexist people it makes their behaviour more sexist because they feel like they're getting implicit validation of their beliefs. just a fun fact.