Is this what's called a "squish"?

kordova

I'm fairly sure this is a crush but I don't actually have any romantic feelings or desire to date said person... they just make me super happy and I'd LOVE to become better friends? I get really nervous around them.... They're super cute both aesthetically and personality wise... I'm not entirely sure what I want.......... its confusing and frustrating and making me anxious...

Do you think this is a squish? Can you guys tell me what your experiences with squishes are?

(A)rrogant Avian

If you only want to be their friend or platonic partner, it most possibley is a squish. It sounds like a squish. You can still think that someone is cute aesthetically and still squish on them, if you don't feel like you want to go out with them or be romantic with them. I think that people would act the same with squishes as they act with crushes, the only difference being what they want in the relationship/if they want platonic or romantic.

As for my experiences with squishes, I am squishing on someone very heavily at the moment, I cannot get them out of my mind and I really, really want to talk to them and be their friend, and I get nervous whenever I think about them or see them, or someone mentions their name. And I get so happy whenever I am around them.

Yup, sounds about right. I can tell because I've had those "symptoms" before, and to this day, I'm still not sure what exactly I wanted with them. Most probably it's a queerplatonic relationship I desired, but again, I can't say for sure.

Anyway, I hope all goes well with you and your squish!

I am still not understanding squish. :(

Archived