Asexuality College Essay

skymessenger

I have a university assignment where I take a term, take a stance, show the readers my stance is the correct way of life and then find a way to promote it. And I decided asexuality! My paper will be on how asexuality is virtually unseen in a world with an over-sexualized society and that we should be treated fairly. I feel proud of myself since I want to come out to the world as an asexual (only my best friend and mother knows)

So far I got a basic outline of the paper but I could always use some ideas.

Could anyone link me to some good, reliable articles on asexuality? Anything you guys recommend that would help my research?

Also, how would you spread asexuality awareness? I need some opinions on that and some testimony's (if you don't mind, I'd love to quote you guys in my paper)

Thank you!

Well, for awareness I guess you could talk about joining the LGBT groups on college campuses, and how a lot of us insist on adding the A and/or Q to the shortened abbreviation.

As for sources, there's the documentary (A)sexuality that's on Netlifx at least. Also there's the self-published book that's really informative that can be found on Asexuality Archive. Unfortunately I don't know the author's name and I believe he published it anonymously, so I don't know how you'd cite that as a source. There's also this CNN article I just found and briefly read through: http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/23/living/asexual-relationships-relate/

if you need an academic book source for your paper, there's Anthony Bogeart's Understanding Asexuality. He lists citations for articles and other sources in the bibliography (it's really extensive). I was able to find the (A)sexuality documentary on youtube, if that helps any.

If you want an archive of more indepth thoughts on asexuality by other aces, try asexualagenda.wordpress.com. it's a collaborative blog with loads and loads of posts on all kinds of topics related to asexuality.

Mycroft is Yourcroft

That sounds really exciting! I hope to get into a gender and sexuality studies class at a university so I can do something similar :)

There is a wonderful, all-powerful masterpost on resources and links here.

I also second and personally recommend 'Understanding Asexuality' by Bogeart, as it combines his observations with hard numbers and studies. Links to buy the book are here (Amazon UK) and here (Amazon US). If you're in neither of those places, it should still be fairly easy to get your hands on a copy if you want to read it/haven't already got it.

Good luck! :cake:

i wrote my english coursework on asexuality, glad someone else is using it as a way to come out xD i can try and find the research from my paper and i can send my piece if you want to have a look. i used a lot of articles from the BBC. hopefully you get what you need :)

Archived