Squish on Someone I Don't Know

writer24

Okay, so I'm aromantic, and I have had squishes before on a fair number of people, but they have all been people I know. In fact, I usually only have squishes on people who I'm really, really good friends with, but I have had a really weird thing happen this past week. I have a squish on someone I've barely shared a sentence with. Like I just really want to be friends with them, hang out, and all of that. It's so weird, and I don't understand why I like this person so much. We've basically never met. Does this happen to anyone else or am I just being really weird.....?

I am pretty sure I had my first squish a few weeks ago. I was walking around campus and I saw this girl sitting around reading a book, and my first thought was oh wow she looks cool and I want to be friends with her. I thought that was it, but she was in one of my classes and started talking to me! It was cool.

But yeah I didn't know her at all.

I ONLY get squishes on people I don't know well.

That's usually the case for me - I'll get a squish (or even a full-blown crush) on someone I only know as an acquaintance - someone you see occasionally and say hello to and that's about that.

(A)rrogant Avian

I have gotten a squish in the past on someone who I barely know, although I mostly find myself squishing on people who I know, but really want to get to know more.

I have a massive squish on this bloke in one of my lectures - I saw him at this uni-wide thing we all had to go to, and then it turns out he's in my tutorial today! I admit I had to concentrate not to grin like a mad thing, and I got to sit next to him, but there wasn't opportunity to talk and then the tutor said things about not being able to forget my face, which ruined my good mood anyway. But still! :wub: ^_^ :cake:

Mildly worried he thinks I'm mad now, but, hey, all the best people are, right? Right?
:huh:

• 9 months later...

I ONLY get squishes on people I don't know well.

Same here. I tend to fall platonically in love with men I don't know personally. I get crushes on celebrities all the time.

You are not weird. That happens to me too, sometimes I just look at a person who I barely know and think of how I really want to be friends with them. :)

It happens to me with people that just give off special kind of vibe, people with super good first impression. :D

words are futile devices

Happened to me five months ago, with the guy I'm still hardcore squishing on. :blush: We still don't know each other very well, but, uhh... we're working on it!

Sounds like you're definitely not alone, OP. :)

Archived