Fighting for Pro Democracy

wolfpup

Beijing certainly isn't going to be able to imprison or shoot all those hundreds of thousands of people.

Notte stellata

Chinese official media reported that Hong Kong people gathered to celebrate China National Day (which is Oct. 1st) and that they supported the new electoral regulations. Their shamelessness never ceases to amaze me.

I heard a company that makes a messaging app reported that 100,000 people have downloaded the app that does not require any wifi, cell towers or satellites to send encrypted messages. It is rumoured this is being used to co-ordinate efforts in Beijing and other parts of Mainland China for larger protests. The Chinese government needs to know the world is watching and waiting.

Notte stellata

I heard a company that makes a messaging app reported that 100,000 people have downloaded the app that does not require any wifi, cell towers or satellites to send encrypted messages. It is rumoured this is being used to co-ordinate efforts in Beijing and other parts of Mainland China for larger protests. The Chinese government needs to know the world is watching and waiting.

The article Zero linked to is probably about that app. :)

Also, it's amazing how civil this protest is: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-29423147

SorryNotSorry

Regardless of how this chapter of Chinese history turns out, the rest of the world is watching much more closely this time around, and it's going to be impossible for the officials in Beijing to sweep this one under the rug so easily.

The article Zero linked to is probably about that app. :)

Also, it's amazing how civil this protest is: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-29423147

I think we should all take note. There's civil disobedience and then there's just flat out rioting. It's good to see people doing it right.

It's peaceful now given that the police have only used tear gas. Let's see what happens if they use bullets.

Freedom comes at a very high price. That's why people who don't vote piss me off.

Notte stellata

Very touching new song for the umbrella revolution, "Holding up the Umbrella" (with English subtitle):

Archived