Hi

qtrmaster

Hi all

Not really sure what I'm supposed to say here. I've identified as heteroromantic asexual for about a year and a half, after a friend pointed it out to me and I spent an entire evening reading everything I could find about it. I can't really say I felt relief or anything, it just was like "oh cool, this is a legitimate thing and not a component of my mental illnesses" and then I moved on to the rest of my day.

I'm a fourth-year history undergraduate with an extra year planned, hoping to get into my school's master program to study cultural historiography. I also run, spend way too much time online or reading, and play darts. I'm not terribly social, but I would like to get back into volunteering. I volunteered quite a bit towards the end of high school in order to graduate, but stopped a few years ago because of school commitments.

Greetings, and welcome :)

Hi :)

I'd never heard of cultural historiography before this thread - which is slightly embarrassing, because postcolonial sociology is an interest of mine and I guess amateur colonial historiography (I'm definitely not using these words right) would be a part of that - but after a quick Google it sounds like a really interesting field.

Anyway, here, have some cake:

omg-chocolate-cake-1.jpg

Hi and welcome! It sounds like you have a lot going on in your life. I'm glad discovering asexuality wasn't an unhappy event. I hope you love being a member here and good luck in your studies! :)

uVn3bDJ.jpg?2

Welcome to AVEN! :cake: I'm glad you decided to join here! It's an awesome community. Best wishes with school and everything else! : )

1012893.jpg?EQdg

Archived