After a stressful day, you prefer to...

kelico

What do you do after a stressful day?  

1. 1. What do you do to unwind after a stressful day?

• read
    • watch tv/movies
    • eat something yummy
    • cook/bake something yummy
    • create (art, writing, music etc.)
    • spend time online (like AVEN, yes!)
    • cuddle/snuggle with someone (or a pet, stuffed animal, etc.)
    • sleep
    • go out with friends/family
    • listen to music
    • do yoga or other relaxation techniques
    • play video games
    • something else not listed

This poll is closed to new votes

Yes, lots of choices! But I'm sure there are even more that I didn't list, so feel free to elaborate. : ) I find myself stressed a lot...haaa...but what I enjoy most when it comes to unwinding is playing video games, watching tv, and reading. Oh, and of course visiting AVEN. ; ) While listening to music! (Yeah, I know, lots of answers! I have a lot of unwinding to do, haha!)

:cake: :cake: :cake: for your votes!

I listen to a lot of music, like 24/7 really.

Sometimes after a long time in abstinence, I play some videogames!

It is really refreshing. I play old games of course. ;D

WhenSummersGone

I usually go online, watch tv or eat. I smoke as well.

Depends on the mood I'm in.

I don't normally watch TV anymore, even anime/TV shows online, except when I'm super bored and too lazy to concentrate on anything.

Normally I read manga.

If I feel like being imaginative and thinking a lot I will write stories.

If I can I'll play video games, especially handheld games since I'm too cheap for many consuls and don't have many PC games for the same reason.

I'm listening to music almost constantly now. Even on my ride/walk to school or when I'm getting ready for class. So it's something I do to relax throughout the day as well as at the end of one.

Mycroft is Yourcroft

Primarily eat, go out or spend time online. I sometimes also like watching (read: re-watching) my favourite TV shows (Doctor Who, Buffy, Sherlock, GoT...).

Cardiovascular exercise. Cycling, running, circuit class or whatever. Something to get the heart rate up and burn 1000 calories.

I'll be typically me and contrary. I go to work to escape the stress and ennui of being stuck in an empty house, alone and wishing I wasn't.

I'll be typically me and contrary. I go to work to escape the stress and ennui of being stuck in an empty house, alone and wishing I wasn't.

Ah, actually not so contrary! I was considering putting "work" as an option. I'm sorry I didn't! Because I can relate. Sometimes the best remedy for my stressed mind can be focusing on work instead. : )

Is drugs an option?

Whatever floats your boat!That would go under "something else not listed" then.

I read, create (music, writing fanfiction about my avatar), listen to music and go online.

iamphoenixfire

i read, write, go on a walk, call a friend and vent, internet, nap, occasionally smoke weed, go over to a friend's house to vent, snuggle with my fluffy cat, and i listen to music. all. the. time.

Amoeba-Proteus

I FIGHT!

Actually. Martial arts and boxing.

Just to share: It's awesome to have a couple friends who are willing to go "Hey, come beat me up. Punch out the stress and frustration!" And I'm totally willing to do the same for them. It's a special kind of friendship I suppose, as one of them put it. :P

PetitFourThoughts

I like a long hot shower or a nice soak in a really hot bath, to the point of turning pink and making me slightly dizzy. Afterwards a nice cup of tea and then some time socializing online, and writing.

I use to flop down on the couch and switch on TV or spend time online or both. I also listen to music.

Certified Cake Decorator

I have pet rats and let me just say, you think DOGS like to snuggle, wait til you meet a nice rat!!!

Omg my snug-bugs :)

Unfortunately i must re-home them. So my life will be miserable again, and petless. Side effect of living with parents that dont like rats. Or apparently mental happiness/health....

littleheartsofjoy

I read, watch TV (and/or people I follow on YouTube), spend time online, listen to music, and maybe chat with a friend or friends or random people hoping for a good chat. I'm more likely to do the first four though, I chose something not listed because chatting with a friend can happen on Skype, on the phone, however. I don't need to physically go out and see my friends to unwind, even though I don't mind seeing them.

• 7 months later...

I like to listen to music or go for a walk with someone I'm close to, there are other things but these two are my favorite ^_^

ItWasNiceKnowingYou

Is it sad that I actually look for more work to do in order to distract myself from what was stressing me out in the first place? TheStrugglesofaWorkaholic

allrightalready

read, tv, cuddling would be great but not with anyone right now or and here is the weird one

clean my apartment (like move the stove and mop under it and stuff like that)

• 4 months later...

This poll is being locked and moved to the read-only Census Archive for 2014. As part of ongoing Census Forum organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, each poll will last for one year. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

Census Moderator

Archived