• No
  2. 2. Do you have diagnosed depression

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Suicide

• I have thought about it
    • I have NOT thought about it
    • I have tried

It is very moving and thought provoking to see from the results of the poll at this stage that fifteen people reading this thread have tried to commit suicide.

I do not experience panic attacks (thankfully), but I do suffer from depression and I have thought about suicide at various times in my life. I am on antidepressant medication at the moment.

I have tried to seek counselling and support in the past, but became so frustrated and disillusioned with the sheer incompetence I experienced from the professionals from whom I had sought that support. They ended up making my depression even worse to the extent that I decided I would be better off and less upset just muddling along and trying to cope on my own.

I have tried to seek counselling and support in the past, but became so frustrated and disillusioned with the sheer incompetence I experienced from the professionals from whom I had sought that support. They ended up making my depression even worse to the extent that I decided I would be better off and less upset just muddling along and trying to cope on my own.

Same bad experience here. I manage the problem better by myself.

• 1 year later...

This poll is being locked and moved to the read-only Census Archive for 2014. As part of ongoing Census Forum organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, each poll will last for one year. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

Census Moderator

Archived