• No
  2. 2. Do you have diagnosed depression

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Suicide

• I have thought about it
    • I have NOT thought about it
    • I have tried

I have noticed a lot have panic attacks. I was wondering about other thing.

I have been diagnosed with Major depression and general anxiety disorder 4yrs ago. I was told I have poor coping skills lol. This really started when I realized I was not like everyone else and started to question my sexuality.

Yes I have attempted Suicide and changed my mind at the last moment and I do mean the very last moment. 24hrs on a vent and drug induced coma with in ICU.

I now have a phone a friend lifeline when I get into this state. People I can count on.

Please remember you are NOT alone here. Other go thru it. We are here to help you thru the troubling time. Most if not all places have a hotline you can all when ur feeling/thinking Suicide. Please have those numbers by the phone or in your cell. USE it.

((HUGS))

iamphoenixfire

i have the lovely combination of general anxiety disorder, post traumatic stress disorder, and depression that is chronic and also affected by the seasons. so yeah i get panic attacks, both related to the gad and the ptsd. it's all hell.

i have thought about suicide. i almost attempted it once but talked myself out of it last minute. but staring death in the face and saying no was one of the most terrifying moments of my entire life. i realized that i have things i want to do in this world. and i can't do that dead. so even when i am hopeless i remember that because i have to stay alive. even when it hurts. i have people to prove wrong.

I seriously considered suicide when I first got depression as a teenager and I had no idea what was wrong, but I hung on to the little things that made me hesitate like how it would hurt my friends and family...and just what a hassle it would be for everyone. Once I got a better handle on things, I worked hard to cultivate a healthy ego and made a promise to myself to take suicide away as an option, because darn it, I like myself too much. It doesn't eliminate all the self-destructive tendencies that sneak up on me when my depression hits me out of nowhere, but it keeps me from acting on the dangerous ones since I know those thoughts are not really what I want.

When things got bad I often imagined my troubles as being trapped in a snowstorm, and there's nothing do but put my head down and keep trudging along until the weather clears to a more manageable level.

Hugs to all.

As I said find those hotline numbers and use them. Those people are there to help. I also joined a few positivity pages on FB so my news feed is filled with GOOD things. Examples: Power of Positivity and Peaceful Mind Peaceful Life.

Its ok to ask for help.

TY Lady Girl for the Title addon. I did not think about that when I posted.

Yes, I get terrible panic attacks that result in a total loss of control. I end up hyperventilating and passing out.

Yes, I do suffer depression, and yes I have attempted suicide.

I still do consider it as a serious option.

Quintus Crinis

Although I've never been officially diagnosed, I identify very closely with the definition of social anxiety. As a result of this I have often had panic attacks when out in a busy public place (such as shopping) - although this was less true when living by myself at uni than while at my family home (South England).

Regards depression I have discussed feeling very low with school councilors but never been diagnosed with depression (although I did experience both warning signs they told me to watch out for) - including contemplating suicide (fortunately I was never strong enough to do anything about the thoughts).

I actually have a support animal to help with my panic attacks so I haven't been having them recently, like, fullblown at least. I've felt them coming a few times though.

I've got few of them, but I haven't been diagnozed with panic disorder. They're pretty rare and usually come only if there's been a long stressful period without any kind of calm between. I've become quite good at avoiding situations that trigger them. Depression diagnosis I've got.

Been thinking about suicide, and still thinking every now and then. But I haven't tried and would never do it.

Hun you really need to get that phone number. NHS dot UK has all the information.

I want everyone to know as long as someone is willing to listen HOPE is not lost. You just have to call or message and talk. Meditation is a big help.

WhenSummersGone

Yes to all 3. I'm hoping this psychiatrist I'm going to see can help my mood and anxiety. I don't really want to see one but I'm tired of dealing with my problems alone.

I find psychiatrist prefer handing out meds then actually listening, Counseling services seem better to me. I know sometimes the wait is long tho

I've been diagnosed with a bunch of things...generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorder, depression, OCD... So yeah. : ( I can totally understand. I've gotten my panic attacks under pretty good control, but a couple years ago was the worst. I literally could not go anywhere outside of my room and bathroom without feeling like the world was collapsing around me. I saw a psychiatrist (yes, they primarily deal with the medication), and really, the meds helped a lot. I also saw a psychologist/therapist, and he helped somewhat as well.

I still have moments of panic, but it is better. The things that still affect me daily: depression and OCD. And anxiety/paranoia happens often...but not as much. When I was a late teen in high school was the worst for my depression, which is when I had those suicidal thoughts, but thankfully, I learned to cope much better. I had a major wake-up call back then.

It is very tough to get through these things, but like you said, it is always good to have a positive outlet and someone to talk to when things get bad. *hugs and cake for all* I wish everyone dealing with these issues all the best. You aren't alone, and you ARE worth living!

Hun you really need to get that phone number. NHS dot UK has all the information.

I want everyone to know as long as someone is willing to listen HOPE is not lost. You just have to call or message and talk. Meditation is a big help.

Please don't worry about it. I have a lot of help plugged into me, I know the support networks to access. It's not an imminent decision - but it's an option I have.

I don't have panic attacks, but I am diagnosed with major depression (4 years and counting) and I tried to OD myself about 5 years ago (but that was related to anxiety not depression). I think about suicide a lot these days haha.

I was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder for most of my life, but after a stressful hospital stay about a year and a half ago, I weirdly don't feel much anxiety at all. Dunno what happened to it. The diagnosis was removed though.

Captain Darkhorse

I used to have panic attacks. However, they were stress induced and I no longer have them, so I answered No to that question. My mood still swings with the seasons, but I no longer officially have clinical depression.

I suffered from panic attacks a lot in the past. Now it happens from time to time, during stress periods but I manage them quite well now. I'm even grateful I had panic attacks because even if it's terrible when you have one, they make me realize that there was something wrong I need to fix in my life.

I haven't diagnosed depression so far.

I have thought about suicide but not as a concrete possibility. However I wish I was already dead almost every day.

However I wish I was already dead almost every day.

I know that feeling.

Stress induced attacks are nasty. A lot of it is our minds over thinking negatively. An idea for people to try... Buy sticky notes and right a positive saying on them hang then around house where you are the most. read them every day. As friends for positive affirmations about you. That helps too. I was given one... "you are a loving mother, daughter or friend to all that walk this earth." What she was saying is that Im a helpful soul. I will try to help anyone.

If anyone needs a friend to listen, message me, plug my name in FB. I will listen.

However I wish I was already dead almost every day.

I know that feeling.

Stress induced attacks are nasty. A lot of it is our minds over thinking negatively. An idea for people to try... Buy sticky notes and right a positive saying on them hang then around house where you are the most. read them every day. As friends for positive affirmations about you. That helps too. I was given one... "you are a loving mother, daughter or friend to all that walk this earth." What she was saying is that Im a helpful soul. I will try to help anyone.

If anyone needs a friend to listen, message me, plug my name in FB. I will listen.

Thanks for the good advice. I will try the sticky notes. I already have a notebook where I write down how I feel from time to time, when I need to get rid of disturbing feelings. It helps.

Thanks for your kindness. I'm open to listen if anyone needs a friend too.

I have frequent panic attacks, I have been diagnosed with lots of mental health problems including depression and have attempted suicide

Ace-TheTimelordsCompanion

TRIGGER STUFF. Including self harm.
Yeah. Panic attacks are sucky. Mine I can't talk, so I have to hope the people around me guess what is going on, and don't call an ambulance or something else way over the top. I often can barely move either.

I have also had floods of tears in a public library (and cried other places)

I haven't had a full on panic attack for a while though YAY!

As for suicide. I wanted to for quite a while, I'd think about it all the time. The problem is emotionally I could have killed myself easily, but I could not do that to my parents. I am an only child. My mum is fragile and I'm the only person my dad talks to on a regular basis. And they both love me damnit. And I love them.

I'm on anti-depressants. I don't really like them. I'm not suicidal anymore, but I often feel like I'm just sort of 'flat-lining' through life.

I also used to bite my hands alot. And I had one big bout of cutting. I guess I got it out of the way or something. It was shallow, but a big area, I was so horrified at what I had done that it shocked me away from doing it again. Luckily most of the scars have faded, and they were on my upper leg, not my arms.

I am no longer suicidal. I no longer hope I'll die in an accident. But neither am I at the point of actively seeking all life has to offer. Of getting out there and doing.

and unhealthy, self destructive bahaviour still happens.

Also my meds make me grit my teeth all the time. Ugghh.

Big "Hugs" to everyone for your bravery, honesty and candour in touching a very painful and distressing subject. I answered yes to all three questions, but they are now, I hope, in the past tense. First panic attack 04.01.14, then for the next month, with ever-increasing frequency. chronic insomnia all January 14. 14.01 collapsed in the foetal position in my doctor's surgery crying my eyes out saying I couldn't cope any more. I, until this time had never cried since childhood. Prescribed Zopiclone, a sleeping pill. Took the prescribed dose for three nights, and didn't even close my eyes. Even washing them down with whisky didn't send me to sleep. Finally snapped, after totalling 8 hours sleep in 23 days, and emptied the whole box out, thinking "If I take them all I'll finally get some sleep". Fortunately something in the back of my head kicked in, and I flushed the whole lot down the drain instead. Referred for psychiatric assessment, and diagnosed with stress, depression, anxiety and panic attacks. Also suffered from amnesia, as three weeks of my life I can only recall from my diary, I just do not remember what went on. I was losing 2kg of weight a week as well.

Fortunately, in my case the underlying medical reason revealed itself. As soon as I accepted this condition the situation started to improve, although I'm still badly damaged and on a long road not to recovery, but being reformatted as a completely different person.

(HUGS to everyone. Feel free to PM me, too, if you need a friendly ear!)

EmotionalAndroid

I struggled a LOT with panic attacks when I was younger. They began as a result of a traumatic experience and then wouldn't stop. Part of the reason they continued was probably my incredibly anxious personality -- to this day I worry about nearly everything! I would have a panic attack at least once a day, and they would come seemingly out of nowhere. There were no particular conscious triggers that I knew of. The attacks dictated my life and everything in it. They made me afraid of doing things I wanted to do and going places I wanted to go.

It took me about six years to get over them, but I finally did. I'd been to therapists, took medication, but nothing seemed to work. What eventually helped me overcome them was the realization that the attacks would not hurt me, and that my own fear was causing them. I would be afraid of getting a panic attack, then boom, one would happen. My own nagging, irrational thoughts were the cause, and I just needed to stop being afraid of them. Panic attacks, I realized, are like monsters that feed off fear. If you do not fear them, they will not come near you.

Another beneficial thing for me was taking Tai Chi and embracing some of the philosophy that comes with it. It advocates a lot of awareness, of the self and of others, as well as the concept of "going with the flow," which really helps in panic situations.

I've now been four years without an attack, and I'm happy to say I have conquered them! While I still must work on general anxiety, at least the attacks have subsided.

Remember that these things worked for me, but everyone is different. If these things don't help, try something else! Never stop trying. I'll admit that it took me years to finally get over my attacks, but now that I have, I feel wonderful and triumphant. If I can do it, you can, too! :)

Feel free to message me or anything about my experiences. I am well aware of how awful panic attacks can be and how hard they are to conquer, so I would like to lend a hand wherever I can.

Another beneficial thing for me was taking Tai Chi and embracing some of the philosophy that comes with it. It advocates a lot of awareness, of the self and of others, as well as the concept of "going with the flow," which really helps in panic situations.

Tai Chi is a fantastic way to center and relax yourself! (Congratulations on your success!)

For fear of repetition [and a reminder from admod]...If you even faintly think of, let alone attempt, self-harm get professional advice and support immediately!

If you don't...you might regret it! Good luck...Cia :)

For fear of repetition [and a reminder from admod]...If you even faintly think of, let alone attempt, self-harm get professional advice and support immediately!

If you don't...you might regret it! Good luck...Cia :)

Always a good reminder to repeat!

I am suffering from on going panic/anxiety attacks, along with PTSD. I haven't been diagnosed because I haven't sought any form of medical treatment, because of shame. I attempted suicide when I was younger, now I have recurring nightmares about it.

I am suffering from on going panic/anxiety attacks, along with PTSD. I haven't been diagnosed because I haven't sought any form of medical treatment, because of shame. I attempted suicide when I was younger, now I have recurring nightmares about it.

*hug*

There's no shame in needing a little help sometimes. It sounds like you're not getting a lot of respite at all, so I would strongly recommend looking into qualified assistance, even if you just start with the help lines.

inboxed you with link to your helplines. Please use them

The nightmare are a warning sign to seek professional help. Talk opening and honestly with them. Its time to get diagnosed and get proper relief from your issues.

Let me say this to everyone. When you seek help from family or friends, if that person says how could you do this to the people you love, stop talking and talk to someone else. They are not listening to you. It is not about about those around you, it is about you and how you feel. So many think you can guild us onto the correct path. However all that does is alienate us from talking to them about serious issues.

Archived