to the older group

rattie love

*raises hand* Turned 40 this year, virginal and no plans on ever changing that.

If you count virtual sex (cyber/phone), I still was *thinks* 32, 33 when I tried that kinda stuff for a while... So even by that standard, my hand will be kept raised. :)

I thought I held the 'record'...I turned 53 in April this year!

Being a virgin was, for decades, a real problem for me in a self-condemnatory way. Thankfully, discovering my aro-ace orientation has helped me overcome that. However, for that reason, I never wished to trivialise it's significance in my life, or those I share it with.

I'd be interested to know why you ask the Q...Thanks. Cia :)

30's and no sex? How about pushing 60 real hard without it. Used to really bother me in my 20s, but I've had lots of good things happen in my life and eventually the lack of sex became a minor footnote that I often didn't even think about. I've been fortunate to have friends and family who accept me for who I am, not who I sleep with-or don't sleep with.

This has been moved from Asexual Q&A to Older Asexuals.

Heart

Asexual Q&A Moderator

34 and could not care less about sex. Except in my fantasies which will never be real - nor would most of them be possible.

I made it to my mid twenties without sex. It could easily have not happened, and I could have lived my life without it.

42, and still unsullied, don't feel I'm missing out at all. No intention of changing, as I'm finally quite happy as I am.

• 3 weeks later...

I was 42 when I had sex with another woman.

I'm still a heterosexual virgin at age 53.

45 plus and never had it or even wanted to. And never will.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been wanting to find a site like this one for a long time. Finally decided to do a search on a-sexuality. Glad there r others like me. Thought I was alone in my questions like: what's everyone so hung up on sex for ? What's the big deal ? Why don't I feel or think the same way others do about sex ?

Welcome Ooooooo - I hope you'll enjoy it here. I find it as hard to understand my colleagues at work (who can't imagine what it's like without sex, couldn't do without sex!) as they do my attitude. Still, we're all different :)

We're a friendly and mostly laid back bunch around here, so I hope you'll feel at home. Pull up a comfy chair and relax - oh and have some AVEN Welcome :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :D

I only made it to 24. There was a lot of social pressure from close family and friends who thought I was falling behind, in addition to which I'm very romantically attracted, always liked kissing, I really wanted marriage and all that, and back then (1980) I of course had no inkling of what an asexual was. I just thought I was a late bloomer. It never has been all it was hyped up to be, that's for sure, and frankly I could happily live without sex for the rest of my life. It would be cool to be able to answer 58. :) You guys rock!

I only made it to 24. There was a lot of social pressure from close family and friends who thought I was falling behind, in addition to which I'm very romantically attracted, always liked kissing, I really wanted marriage and all that, and back then (1980) I of course had no inkling of what an asexual was. I just thought I was a late bloomer. It never has been all it was hyped up to be, that's for sure, and frankly I could happily live without sex for the rest of my life. It would be cool to be able to answer 58. :) You guys rock!

A lot of people talk about pressure to have sex, and I guess I experienced some when I was in the army but it never seemed to affect me enough to really go out and try it. In fact I having experienced more pressure to be in a relationship than to have sex.

Archived