Going on Radio Show Due to Tumblr Post

STLynnthoria

So as a result of this tumblr dialogue I was asked to participate in this radio show, primarily to share my own experiences with asexuality and such. Since we'll also be talking about sexual assault survivors and asexuality, and I don't actually have experience with that, I thought I would get the perspective of ace survivors; this is primarily aimed at those who had these experiences before IDing, but the perspectives of those who had these experiences after IDing are also welcome! Basically I want to know your thoughts concerning what was done to you when combined with your asexuality. It's a fifteen minute segment, so I don't think I'll be able to cover all the identities in the asexual spectrum (unfortunately - but I will try); that being said, demisexuals and gray-aces are a very important part of our community too, and I would also like to hear from survivors who fall on this side of the spectrum as well. I understand that this is an immensely private matter, so if any of you don't feel comfortable replying on this thread feel free to message me here, or anon me on on my tumblr. This is my first time doing this sort of thing, so any additional advice is welcome :)

I don't understand it when one in the relationship says "I'm not attracted to any one." that the other in the relationship should feel hurt. It's not meant to be personal.

Archived