Terms of endearment for your Squish?

Fire & Rain

I don't understand the question, maybe I haven't seen the movie?

I don't understand the question, maybe I haven't seen the movie?

No, I meant like romantic couples call each other cutesy names, right? What will you call your squish if you have one? :)

I've had 2 squishes so far, [EDIT: Never mind, I just realized I've only had one (if it really was just a squish...)] but I don't think I had any terms of endearment for them. Instead, my closest friend and I used codenames for our then-squishes when we discussed how we felt about them, just so people wouldn't find out who we were talking about and get the wrong idea. My friend's codename for her squish was X and mine was Y. (We were gushing about Coldplay's album X&Y at the time so that's how the codenames came about.)

Like, in calling the specific person, or just a squish in general?

If specific person.. Puppy, bottle fairy, precious flower, sunshine, beauty.. You can imagine how serious they are. Good thing the guy's taking it with dignity. I get 'darling' in return, sometimes, to which I say: fair trade-off :D

I just like giving people nicknames, squish or not. There's someone I potentially may develop a squish on, whom I call 'bad boy' but that as revenge for calling me 'kid'.

As a general rule, if we're close enough to call each other names, I go with 'lovely' for girls, and something along the lines of the above for guys, if I call them anything.

I don't have any general terms of endearment for squishes, but I do like to give my squish unique nicknames if I can. I feel like being able to call somebody by a ridiculous nickname without embarrassment means you two are pretty close. :)

My squish/qpr is the only person allowed to call me Mere-bear (my name is Meredith). Even my family isn't allowed to call me that, so I think she gets extra privilege ^_^ As for me, I call her whatever nickname I feel fits at the time, though usually it's just a shortened version of her name.

On one of my relationships (the one where I popped my cherry) she used to call me "Ridiculous" and I used to call her "Old Lady" (I was 19 to 20 and she was 27).

Is that topic-wise? I think it is topic-wise.

I usually call my friends by their names... but with some weird voice inflection thrown in :)

I get a lot of random nicknames, but I think the most notable one is Emmy (my real name is Emily) - only three people in the world call me that: my twin younger brothers and one of my best friends. I only notice this one because it sounds weird when anyone else calls me Emmy. I suppose it's just a name reserved for people who are very close to me ^_^

The meaning in this name is in the poem, and is pronounced 'Dommrai' John.

Domn-Rye John

I name thee Domn-Rye John

As you're my gentle - man

Man with two sides

Where gentle resides

One so small

Standing so tall

One such a Royal

Who can only be loyal

My Domn-Rye John

For you I long

Lady by the wayside

ZombiesAsAMetaphor

My squish/zucchini and I have many things that we call each other as terms of endearment. Mostly married couple terms, hottie pants, and cutie butt. This started even before we became zucchinis, haha.

I call mine "darling," "honey," and "anyacha," a play on "anata," which is an endearing word for "you" here. I tend to call him "anata" in front of other people, or just by his name, though. I'm too embarrassed to do the lovey-lovey thing in public, haha.

• 2 weeks later...
WhoNeedsLabels?

I use "sweetheart" when I'm talking to my friends, or very rarely something like "love" or "darling" slips out of my mouth. I also have one I got 'married' to and our pet name for each other is dwife (a shortened version of 'dear wife').

My friends all call each other by the guy versions of our names though :P

The only 'squish' I really have is the man on my avatar, a married rock musician. But I have a nickname for him. It is 'The Guv'nor'.

I don't have any squishes, but I always cringe when someone calls me darling or anything similar... I never use any terms of endearment myself either... It just makes me cringe for some reason. I particularly hate it when someone I've never met calls me darling... I don't get that. or when men address me with 'mate'. Puts me off the person already if they do that, especially when it's officials like the police or such like... (Slightly off topic...sorry...just gets me going, this!)

I rarely call my partner by his given name. XD We each use a wide variety of names for each other.

The only one I've ever objected to is "babe".

with close friends ill just use their names maybe shorten or use a nickname that based on their name and adding a inflection to my voice when i say theyre name (a notable example is the way i say owl when refering to a certain friend and yes that is a twist on his name)

my main method of endearment is useing cheesy phrases when i talk to them (my current favourite is to ad yo yo with wired hand gestures to the start of sentences)

Archived