Friend who's sending mixed signals?

Asexy_Cards

I have this friend who has been adding to my confusion lately. For the entire time I've been friends with her, which has only been this year, I've had feelings for her. At the start of the year, she said that she liked me, but I wasn't sure if she was serious or not, because there were other people around, such as her best friend. But, the thing is, she was leaning forward and made eye contact when she said it. I don't know if that means anything...?

When she speaks to me when we're by ourselves, she stands pretty close to me, sometimes close enough to have our bodies touching.

Recently, we were lip reading what each other was saying. She was mouthing the usual things; how are you, etc. and I was replying. After all the "usual" topics, she mouthed that she loved me. I mouthed that I love her too, and she gave me a weird look.

But, out of all these things, she has given off signals that she is straight, or at least more interested in men.

I told her a few weeks ago that I'm questioning my sexuality.

Do these classify as mixed signals? I have no idea... I'm 16 and this is my first real crush, while everyone else has had tonnes of crushes (please don't think I'm weird hahaha). But, yeah, I'm just confused I guess. Should I follow any of this up? Talk to her?

From what I'm interpreting, it sounds like she's fully interested in you; no obscurity there. But maybe you should elaborate on how she appears straight otherwise.

I have this friend who has been adding to my confusion lately. For the entire time I've been friends with her, which has only been this year, I've had feelings for her. At the start of the year, she said that she liked me, but I wasn't sure if she was serious or not, because there were other people around, such as her best friend. But, the thing is, she was leaning forward and made eye contact when she said it. I don't know if that means anything...?

When she speaks to me when we're by ourselves, she stands pretty close to me, sometimes close enough to have our bodies touching.

Recently, we were lip reading what each other was saying. She was mouthing the usual things; how are you, etc. and I was replying. After all the "usual" topics, she mouthed that she loved me. I mouthed that I love her too, and she gave me a weird look.

But, out of all these things, she has given off signals that she is straight, or at least more interested in men.

I told her a few weeks ago that I'm questioning my sexuality.

Do these classify as mixed signals? I have no idea... I'm 16 and this is my first real crush, while everyone else has had tonnes of crushes (please don't think I'm weird hahaha). But, yeah, I'm just confused I guess. Should I follow any of this up? Talk to her?

Test out your feelings to see how strong or weak they are.

Try to find out more about her sexual orientation and if she is interested in the same sex, I think you should ask her how she feels about you. I know this takes a lot of courage but then you'll finally know. Personally for me, if I like someone I tell them how I feel. Even though there is the possibility of getting rejected and having my heart broken, it's okay for me because I'd regret it more if I didn't take the shot and tell that person how I really feel about them. If you really care about someone, you'll take that hit. But I know everyone is different. I guess it comes down to what you're willing to risk, for most of us it's our feelings and friendship when it comes to situations like this.

Archived