Michael's big thank you thread + a WP2014 survey and a look ahead to next year

michaeld

Now that we've had some time for the dust to settle, and AVEN is back up, I'd like to make my own hugely belated huge thank you thread to everyone. Further if you scroll down you can fill in a survey to give your feedback on the event, with some exciting news for next year. Finally we're putting together a collection of videos and pictures from the event. IF you have any, please share them with us either in this thread or by PM.

WorldPride 2014 was a major part of my life for the previous year and it wouldn't have happened without the help of all of you. Without naming names - there are too many - I'd like to thank:

- everyone who volunteered on the committee and helped with the organization

- those who helped with the design (t-shirts, posters, timetables, badges)

- those who helped run the conference, whether by staffing the desks throughout the day, announcing or moderating sessions, putting up signs, helping tidy... you name it

- those who panelled or led sessions

and of course

- everyone for turning up, often from a long long way away.

Now we'd like feedback. Both for general reflection but also because...

... planning is underway to have another conference next year in Toronto!

I will not be involved in the planning of the 2015 Toronto conference - it will be left in the capable hands of Brian Langevin, Sebastian (Iris), Ennis Deye, Bess Jarvis, amygdala - and I'm sure anyone else who'd like to help. Please give them your full support. And if you came along to WP 2014 take the survey, so they can improve for next year!

Remember, please post any photos and videos you have in Coles' thread in this forum

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/104906-worldpride-2014-pictures-videos/

or send a link by PM. There is also a space on the survey for this if you prefer. :)

Here is the survey. If you came to the conference please fill it in!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/16y8GTSMoGx42A3jopQ6IK81bQMqYY4TzWR_q0xTqoL0/viewform

Thank YOU for all that you did! :cake:

I will not be involved in the planning of the 2015 Toronto conference - it will be left in the capable hands of Brian Langevin, Sebastian (Iris), Ennis Deye and Bess Jarvis, amygdala - and I'm sure anyone else who'd like to help..

That sounds like an awesome team.

I'm sure you, as well as anyone else who wants, can help out with the Toronto conference. It's certainly a lot for only four people to plan.

I was suppose to help with the Toronto conference but I guess they decided to leave me out.

Hi Amy, and anyone else who is curious about volunteering:

The four of us (Myself, Bess, Ennis, and Sebastian) have not yet called any open meetings as we are in the process of creating a safer and more inclusive meeting system. Because we aim to achieve a high standard of safety and inclusivity within the conference planning, we are working with Ace Toronto to coordinate a community consultation with Ace Toronto members to collect best practice recommendations, and are collecting survey data and participant responses to the 2014 conference to again ensure this safe inclusivity.
We will be introducing volunteer opportunities and broadening meetings starting in November, after our community consultations and official announcement of the conference.
Thank you for your patience in waiting as we develop these policies of inclusivity and safety. We'll certainly get back to you as soon as we are able to support further planning members.

Here is the survey. If you came to the conference please fill it in!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/16y8GTSMoGx42A3jopQ6IK81bQMqYY4TzWR_q0xTqoL0/viewform

I look forward to the next asexuality conference in Madrid. The one in Toronto was awesome. The next may be even better. See you there.

• 2 weeks later...

I was suppose to help with the Toronto conference but I guess they decided to leave me out.

Hi Amy, and anyone else who is curious about volunteering:

The four of us (Myself, Bess, Ennis, and Sebastian) have not yet called any open meetings as we are in the process of creating a safer and more inclusive meeting system. Because we aim to achieve a high standard of safety and inclusivity within the conference planning, we are working with Ace Toronto to coordinate a community consultation with Ace Toronto members to collect best practice recommendations, and are collecting survey data and participant responses to the 2014 conference to again ensure this safe inclusivity.
We will be introducing volunteer opportunities and broadening meetings starting in November, after our community consultations and official announcement of the conference.
Thank you for your patience in waiting as we develop these policies of inclusivity and safety. We'll certainly get back to you as soon as we are able to support further planning members.

Brian, see if you can get some microphones next year. It was really hard to hear the questions from the audiences on the videos.

• 3 weeks later...
Omnes et Nihil

Ace Toronto is holding a couple of community input meetings this week with the conference co-chairs (or whatever they will be called): Oct. 17th and 19th-- another Ace Toronto member and I will be facilitating these conversations. Details here: http://ace-toronto.tumblr.com/events

We also have a little online form where people can submit input:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1M4GszukjF6ClSQa2qa2QofzPsJGv7Na1BAAs8ehQL0E/viewform?usp=send_form

• 10 months later...

Archived