Celibate and liberal

As I know lots of this kind of organizations are conservative, based mostly on Catholic church and Evangelical Christianity point of view , which are opposed LGBT rights, abortion , sexual education and many more. Do you know any movements/organizations concerned on celibate people who are just liberal and support mentioned things?

ranting ferret

i don't know if this is quite what you're looking for, but i've been looking into quakers and their viewpoints. as a group they are quite open and active. might be worth a look.

AVEN has a strong liberal leaning overall, and is by its nature deals a lot with celibacy in a positive light. We're supportive of partnered life too, obviously, and there's Aces who choose either, but we deal a lot more with celibacy than anything out of religious circles.

Also, there's liberal branches of Christianity too. Just because the American Republican party has rather hijacked Christian rhetoric in recent decades doesn't mean that's a necessary or even particularly comfortable state of affairs.

6209348934_ccf5e3159a_z.jpg

You might need to clarify. Are you looking for liberal organizations dedicated to celibacy?

I look both such organization and those who are celibate friendly. Our liberal and left side organizations are not celibate friendly, only single feminists support temporary celibacy but I have no clue what do they think about life long one?

I have often wondered about this myself lately...

Archived