sleeping habits.

kelico

What are your sleeping habits?  

1. 1. How do you normally sleep?

• On my side.
    • On my back.
    • On my stomach.
    • A combination of the above.
  2. 2. Do you like to hold/hug/cuddle with someone/something while sleeping?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Sometimes.
  3. 3. If "yes" or "sometimes" to the above, what do you like to hold/hug/cuddle?

• Another person (significant other, friend, etc.)
    • Pillow (or bed covers/blankets).
    • Stuffed animal(s).
    • Pet(s).
    • Something else.
    • N/A. I didn't answer yes/sometimes.
  4. 4. Do you take naps?

• Yes, often.
    • Sometimes, only if I'm really tired.
    • No.
  5. 5. How often do you dream when you sleep?

• Every night.
    • 4-6 nights a week.
    • 1-3 nights a week.
    • I rarely ever dream.
  6. 6. When you do dream, do you remember them?

• Yes, I remember most of them.
    • Sometimes. I remember bits and pieces.
    • Usually not. I know I dreamed, but I don't remember of what.
    • I don't dream. / I never remember dreaming.

This poll is closed to new votes

I sleep on my back because I have back problems and I'll be in a lot of pain quickly if I don't. Unfortunately, I'm generally more comfortable sleeping on my side, until my back starts to hurt.

I'll often cuddle my wife for a few minutes until my back starts to hurt and then I'll sleep the rest of the time on my back. Unless she lays on my chest herself, which happens more frequently these days.

I take naps at least twice a day because I need to lay down, again for my back, and I'll fall asleep if I sit still for more than 10 minutes or so.

Most of the time I don't remember having dreams, but when I do, they are very vivid and I can control them if I want to. Because of that, I haven't had any real nightmares since I was about 4. If things start going bad, I change them.

I sleep on all four sides to some degree. I used to sleep on my stomach most frequently, but then I developed acid reflux problems so now I sleep on my back and left side most often since those are most comfortable.

I need a blanket when I sleep and sometimes I'll cuddle with that, but I can't sleep with anyone else. I even find it hard to sleep with my cat next to me, but that's mostly because she feels the need to fuse herself to my side.

I've never been able to take naps unless I'm really tired, but I can only take them when I'm laying on something that isn't a bed. I can only sleep in bed when I'm ready to actually go to sleep. I also have a hard time taking naps when it's quiet.

I dream a lot and remember a lot of my dreams very vividly. If I get woken up and distracted before I can think through my dream or if I fall back asleep afterward I'll usually forget most of my dream though.

• 1 year later...

This poll is being locked and moved to the read-only Census Archive for 2014. As part of ongoing Census Forum organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, each poll will last for one year. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

Census Moderator

Archived