Post-Its: A Home For Random Bits

WünderBâhr

Occasionally, I will think of or find something amusing or worthy of some note that I feel like sharing with fellow AVENites (or just people in general). These things dont always need their own thread but are often lost in chat or status update highlights. There are other forums which have venting or celebratory threads stemming from the same idea. I figured it was about time there was a home for the random off-a tidbits, mentions, quips and notes that people want to share with the community without the commitment of a standalone thread for every single one.

Not sure if this thread will turn out to be useful, or just get buried among all of the things, but I still felt like sharing, so... Welcome to Post-its!

P.S. If people like this thread enough, could an Admod pin it, pls? Thanks! ^_^

I might be in love with this idea.

So there's a Keurig at my house (I'm not telling y'all to buy it, just linking to explain what it is). And we also have reusable cups that can be used for things like things like instant coffee or as I found out recently loose leaf tea.

So I the night before last I made myself a cup of tea and went to bed. I woke up that morning, found the cup and was like "awesome, I can reuse it" (I can make about two cups with the keurig).

THAT WASN'T TEA!!!!!

Came across this comic, today, and thought it was interesting. It probably would be better suited in the ro/aro forum, but it doesn't need an entire thread.

@tea: I am not sure I want to ask what it was, but the question is bouncing around in my head.

Also, I wonder if other forums could use their own post-its thread, to keep topics in the correct forums (like the comic below).... A Post-its series of threads? Lol

loveeeee.jpg

Ace-TheTimelordsCompanion

For if anyone has to deal with street-harassment, this video from Buzzfeed is brilliant and hilarious. Not specifically asexual, it focuses on the harassment of women. I mentioned it in the chat-room, but I thought I'd share it with everyone. This is a great place to do that ;) This makes any times when guys make comments to me in the street %100 better. Luckily it doesn't happen often here.

I can't get the link to work, just search 'what catcalls really mean' on youtube and click the top one. I guarantee it will be worth it

Timelords. I've seen that. It was funny. Guys were saying it was a woman's duty to submit to male compliments and that we should be grateful that people say we look good.

Maybe we look PRESENTABLE because we are going to an interview. Or brunch with friends. Maybe there's a concert and we want to look nice. Or we work in an office that requires no sweats and not to look trashy.

But that brings up what I was thinking about today: why do we have to submit and say thank you? Maybe we aren't grateful that you're judging us off our looks. Like when people are like on you're hot. You're sexy I ask them not to say that. I get various comments such as why, cunt, whore, I was just trying to be nice. I say I know and I'm stuck up and blah blah.

I don't go up to people and tell them they're attractive. I say something about their outfit. Their hair. Their shoes. It just infuriates me that boys think it's their duty to compliment in order to be nice.

Ace-TheTimelordsCompanion

This picture is perfect.
For those who haven't heard of her, Carol Rossetti is an artist whose work aims to empower females and promote acceptance of diversity. Her work can be found on facebook. While many of her pieces are relevant here, this is the best one for Aven of course:

https://www.facebook.com/carolrossettidesign/photos/a.607626906023523.1073741830.562486247204256/617540085032205/?type=3&theater

• 7 months later...
WünderBâhr

Random tidbit of today:

"I gave one of my barbies a mohawk and a colored streak, after covering her with glowstick fluid to see how long she would glow.
...you can see why my mother had issue, given the collectibleness of said Barbies. Like voiding a warranty.. FOR SCIENCE!" - my input in a discussion about gender stereotyping of toys and the subsequent consequences.

Archived