Libido Breakdown

verily-forsooth-egads

Sexuality and Libido  

1. 1. If you identify as asexual, do you experience libido?

• Yes
    • Somewhat/occasionally
    • No
    • I'm not asexual
  2. 2. If you identify as grey-asexual but not demi, do you experience libido?

• Yes
    • Somewhat/occasionally
    • No
    • I'm not grey-A or am demi
  3. 3. If you identify as demisexual, do you experience libido?

• Yes
    • Somewhat/occasionally
    • Only when I'm currently experiencing sexual attraction to someone
    • No
    • I'm not demisexual
  4. 4. If you are allosexual, do you experience libido?

• Yes
    • Somewhat/occasionally
    • No
    • I'm not allosexual
  5. 5. If you don't feel represented by the previous questions and answers, why? (Please comment)

• I don't fit any of these sexualities
    • My libido is more complicated than the options given
    • Something else
    • Check this if you still chose an answer other than the last one for any question
    • I do feel accurately represented

This poll is closed to new votes

verily-forsooth-egads

I'm curious to know what percentage of aces have a libido, if there are any allosexuals who don't, and especially about greys and demis. Comment if I've missed you.

As a grey-a, yes I do have a libido, and it comes and goes - it can be just about non-existent, or it can be so strong it drives me nuts.

Kitty Incognito

I haven't figured out if I'm grey or demi, so I answered both.

<- points over there

As a grey-a, yes I do have a libido, and it comes and goes - it can be just about non-existent, or it can be so strong it drives me nuts.

For me that's really similar i think- there'll be months or up to half a year in which I don't experience libido at all, and then other times when I'm either just horny most of the time but still not attracted to anyone, or even attracted to everyone who's looks kind of fit the queer stereotype.

Libidoist ace here. I sure wish I didn't have one (would have made my life considerably easier!), but it's there, and I guess it's probably more or less "average" in intensity/frequency.

verily-forsooth-egads

Where's the other option for all of these?

"Other" doesn't tell us anything. While I'm open to specific suggestions for additional options, I think I'll get the best approximate sample by keeping it simple and not adding an easy way out.

I experience a minor libido, but I never actually feel the need to act on it.

Ace and chose "somewhat/occasionally," though I'm very close to "no." My libido is unnoticeable lol.

nonlibidoist ace (except with certain kinks? idk i'm figuring it out), chose "somewhat/occasionally"

I chose that I am asexual and experience libido somewhat. I do feel something that I think might be libido, but it kind of confuses me so I am not really sure. Also, if what I am experiencing is libido, it is not very strong so I usually just ignore it.

Asexual with pretty strong (and useless) libido. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Asexual but do have some libido, but not much

• 1 month later...

in all the polls that i've taken, i'm within the majority. i'm not a weirdo in here, hurray! makes me feel so comfortable.

My libido is strange, both existing and non-existing depending on definitions, I could say I'm a "grey-libidoist" I guess.

TMI :

I thought before that having no libido was a sort of inability to be sexually aroused, except by physical masturbation. But I've read that it seems to not always be the case. I share with people having a libido the fact that I can get aroused and find it pleasurable when I see or read erotic scenes. I also have a rather high number of sex dreams, and I can sometimes have a very pleasurable orgasm during some of these dreams. But I share with nonlibidoist people the fact that I don't feel any sex urges. I don't feel the need to get aroused / to masturbate / to have orgasms at all. Even when I reached puberty and was intensely aroused by even a vague sexual thought, I didn't feel the need to masturbate. I find these things pleasurable, but I don't really want to experience them again and again, and I don't need to find any kind of relief in them at all.

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/92442-grey-libidoist/

High libido. Asexual with others, sexual with myself.

I experience a libido on average, read the fetishist part (which ties into arousal as well, just not towards any other person. Ever). Sometimes, and since finding AVEN, I don't feel the need to relieve it as often.

I have a libido.

I usually describe myself as BOTH asexual and gray asexual, but I'm not sure you want a double vote. DIdn't vote.

Asexual, nonlibidoist. I cannot imagine how annoying it must be to have a libido and be ace.

Archived