• I wish I had a squish... I'm lookin'
    • *blushes* I have a squish on everyone, deary darling! ^.^
  2. 2. And with your squish/crush....

• I wish they'd like me back but I swear they are oblivious *sighs*
    • We became friends! Super Awesome! :D
    • I hope they don't like me! Scaary!
    • I told them!
    • Maybe someday...
    • I don't have a squish, silly! why you askin' me pointless questions?
  3. 3. If someone from AVEN had a squish on you....

• ACK! *hides*
    • <3 Flattering :3
    • Good to know...
    • Oh dearie I'm so sorry... *blushes*
    • Instant friends!
    • Give me some time to let it sink in pwease...

This poll is closed to new votes

I had a few, but two of them have become kind of obsolete. There's one now, but I'm pretty sure it's not going anywhere. Which is fine.

One my gf... :D She is on not aven ... I must have a crush being a hopeless romantic

SO do you squish on another AVENite? admit it you do! for the sake of simplicity, count crushes as squishes... sorry I'm so lazy -.-

I have a squish.... on YOU! ;) I think everyone is so cool, and has such an amazing life and experience! I love AVEN :D

Gosh :redface: if I had a deep squish for someone, or someone had one for mee.... I'd be so nervous and confused.... I mean flattered yes, but what do I do? *hides*

I'd probably be OK with it after awhile tho ^.^ friends are friendly after all yes?

You are too cute !!! BTW .
Amoeba-Proteus

Can't say I talk to anyone in particular enough that I might end up with a squish on, to be honest.

littleheartsofjoy

I have a squish on here, and I feel like we are in the process of becoming friends. They just seem to be so cool.

I don't have a crush though, just a squish. I would be flattered if someone had a squish on me, though.

I don't really talk to many people on here anymore. I did... But he hasn't signed on in a while.

I just like to appreciate a few on here from a distance. Stalk through posts, sigh dreamily at witticisms and intellect.

Notte stellata

I initiated conversations with both of my AVEN squishes, then we became great friends and finally SOs. :wub: I've also had some milder squishes, in which case I just think they're really cool, enjoy reading their posts a lot, and may even stalk their profiles, but don't feel compelled to start a private conversation with them.

I used to have a squish... and now I think I have one again(?)~ Okay, that person is super interesting and funny and I just want them to acknowledge me ><

I really want to send them a message but I'm really shy, so right now I stalk their profile and post a status in there :P

I don't have a squish... I think it'd be pretty cool though. Always looking for friends and cool people. If someone has a squish on me and I found out.. I would be highly flattered! But I doubt it.

:wub:

I did have a squish. I let her know. Things took off from there, big time :wub:

There are a few here I squish on, of both genders. Because they are awesome.

Many of those in my (AVEN) friend list I find squish-able (I won't say who ranks #1 though) and there are a few other AVENites I could squish on. I'm still looking hard though....but I feel like a creepy stalker. :P

I can't imagine anyone having a squish on me and especially a crush....

I'd rather be in band.

Well, I've never really had a squish on anyone on here, I suppose. Perhaps I will as I spend more time here? I'm not sure..

I might have a squish on someone, but I am not sure. I have been a loner for so long it is hard to tell. Have not been on AVEN very long either. I have so many loner habits that I need to break but it is hard because being a loner was really easy, being social is whole lot more difficult and complicated. :unsure:

...I just like to appreciate a few on here from a distance. Stalk through posts, sigh dreamily at witticisms and intellect.

...in which case I just think they're really cool, enjoy reading their posts a lot, and may even stalk their profiles, but don't feel compelled to start a private conversation with them.

Yeah, I usually just creep on the profiles and posts.

...cue twangy Eric Church Creepin' song... or Radiohead's Creep... "What the hell am I doing hereeee?" Lol

verily-forsooth-egads

I'm too new for that! Although my biggest squish from another site is an ace too, so they could be here, you never know. I told them and they reacted well, but we haven't talked much since then.

Online squishes are depressing for those who have absolutely no idea what they're doing when it comes to human beings. It's like growing to know and like someone from the way they talk to others without them ever knowing you, let alone making friends. Profile-stalking is undeniably a depressing hobby, like being on a diet and spending all your time in bakeries :ph34r:

Most of the time I'm happy on my own and don't mind at all, but being so shy can kind of suck when there's someone you want to be able to talk to, even though it's not quite so bad online. Seriously, outside of my family, I know two people. Two. Do you realise what that means? I could eat more fig rolls in one bite than the number of friends I have. I have as many arms as associates. When I make Chinese food, I eat with as many sticks as people I could possibly eat it with. What is wrong with me? :P

I don't want them to think I'm strange, but I don't want to seem boring either. How much honesty are you supposed to show with what you think, particularly when everything you say sounds like crazy nonsense? I don't want to scare anyone I like by being quickly attached and friendly, but I don't want to seem too nonchalant and disinterested either. Is a lot of shared interests good or does it seem creepy? Is it possible to give genuine compliments without sounding strange, false or overly keen? Can you tell people they look nice without it sounding salacious? How are you supposed to know these things without getting stressed? :unsure:

Certified Cake Decorator

I was clicking through people's friends one day and found someone that i totally have a squish on, so i quickly messaged them, then looked and they haven't been on in about 5 years...... Awwwww.

And i bet they are so cool too! Aw the problems of the internet.

Hey if you you are squishing one me, feel free to pm me! Just puttin that out there because everyone was thinking it......

Notte stellata

I don't want them to think I'm strange, but I don't want to seem boring either. How much honesty are you supposed to show with what you think, particularly when everything you say sounds like crazy nonsense? I don't want to scare anyone I like by being quickly attached and friendly, but I don't want to seem too nonchalant and disinterested either. Is a lot of shared interests good or does it seem creepy? Is it possible to give genuine compliments without sounding strange, false or overly keen? Can you tell people they look nice without it sounding salacious? How are you supposed to know these things without getting stressed? :unsure:

Well, I'd be thrilled if someone shared a lot of my interests, as long as they're genuinely interested in those things, not just interested because of me. It's okay to give genuine compliments (like "your profile is interesting" or "your posts are thoughtful") or tell people they look nice. I think the key is being honest about how you appreciate them without having a fixed expectation of the outcome. Don't try too hard. Let things flow naturally and accept it if it doesn't work out.
EmotionalAndroid

Online squishes are depressing for those who have absolutely no idea what they're doing when it comes to human beings. It's like growing to know and like someone from the way they talk to others without them ever knowing you, let alone making friends. Profile-stalking is undeniably a depressing hobby, like being on a diet and spending all your time in bakeries :ninja:

Most of the time I'm happy on my own and don't mind at all, but being so shy can kind of suck when there's someone you want to be able to talk to, even though it's not quite so bad online. Seriously, outside of my family, I know two people. Two. Do you realise what that means? I could eat more fig rolls in one bite than the number of friends I have. I have as many arms as associates. When I make Chinese food, I eat with as many sticks as people I could possibly eat it with. What is wrong with me? :P

Ah, I feel exactly the same way. I have social anxiety and have an incredibly hard time interacting with humans in real life, even though I have a strong desire to make friends. My programming needs adjustment, methinks! The anonymity of computer-mediated conversation definitely aids my confidence and social abilities, though.

Yes, online squishes are quite something, aren't they? I have a squish on one of my friends on another site and I'll admit I am guilty of profile-stalking. This person has invited me to meet in real life, but I am scared to do so because I am so social online, but painfully shy in real life. I wouldn't know what to do! (I'm also scared for other reasons, but that is another story).

It seems we have the same inquiries about social interactions. I always wonder about how much we should emphasize shared interests, without seeming creepy. Unfortunately, I am a very clingy person, so I tend to overdo things. Just to be safe, I err on the side of caution -- like not even looking at people as they pass me on the street, in fear they think I am interested in them. :unsure: Yay, social anxiety!

Archived