Chest Binders

TheStarrySkai

TheStarrySkai

I have one that I got from amazon cause I have a gift card and it was the cheapest one I found. The problem is, its hot. Its a combination of a binder and a tank top thats relativity thick, not the best for someone that gets hot easily. I got my debit card so I can finally go out and buy one.

My question is:

What place is the best place to get binders [hopefully not too expensive]? And from your opinion, what binder do you have the best experience with?

I thank you all in advance for whatever things you post.

BonesTheHeretic

Underworks for cheapness and strength, LesLoveBoat/Love Boat (not sure what it's called) for comfort and breathability.

I got my first binder at underworks and it was very uncomfortable, but cheap. Most people I know get their binders there and are happy with them though.

Currently I get my binders from love boat shop because they are much more comfortable and they have many different styles--like a mesh back for hot weather--but they are also a fair bit more expensive. This is what I have right now and I like it a lot, especially the ease of taking it off compared to pull over binders.

You can't buy from any online store with a debit card though, I don't think? I've always used paypal.

TheStarrySkai

Underworks for cheapness and strength, LesLoveBoat/Love Boat (not sure what it's called) for comfort and breathability.

I got my first binder at underworks and it was very uncomfortable, but cheap. Most people I know get their binders there and are happy with them though.

Currently I get my binders from love boat shop because they are much more comfortable and they have many different styles--like a mesh back for hot weather--but they are also a fair bit more expensive. This is what I have right now and I like it a lot, especially the ease of taking it off compared to pull over binders.

You can't buy from any online store with a debit card though, I don't think? I've always used paypal.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

I think you can. I went through the whole payment process, without paying to see if you can. It says that you can.

Random Happenstance

I have an underworks 997 which works really well and is comfortable, though it can be a little warm. After a while I decided I'd need a strapless velcro binder for summer, lower cut shirts, and days where I'm not well enough to struggle out of the underworks. Since I couldn't get a massively expensive one, I ordered a binder from simple binders (here).

It's a fair amount less stretchy (though I did get the all cotton one, you can get spandex binders), but is definitely cooler and really easy to wear. It doesn't shape your chest particularly well though, although you can move it about to look more like you want. I wouldn't wear anything tight over it, certainly, though it does get me as flat, if not flatter, than the underworks one. I don't know if that would be different with the spandex binder. For a budget option I'd definitely recommend it. It also has the additional benefit of folding small enough to fit discretely into a bag/whatever if needed (which keeps people from stumbling across it).

Certified Cake Decorator

I hear Japanese nabeshirts are good for binding. However, i dont read japanese and cant order one because of this.

I had a cheapo $13 one from amazon and it worked fine. I wore it for 10 days 14 hours a day in 98 degree weather while visiting europe and it wasnt too hot. But maybe i am just use to being hot. You build up a tolerance for heat if you wear sweaters all day every day in Florida....

But what can i say? I like sweaters!

I lost that cheapo one and ordered one from amazon for $60, but it was THE EXACT SAME ONE FROM LESLOVEBOAT.COM that was $80 on the official website. So just make sure you look around :)

Havent got the new one yet

TheStarrySkai

My friend who cosplays says she thinks UZZO is the best.

Thats looks just like the one I have. :P

nerdperson777

Ooh, I like to cosplay and I want to bind. Whenever I decide, would the short vest one be good? (I feel like I'm going to be judged for buying a product called Lesbian but then again no one is going to know.)

littlepersonparadox

I want to start binding so I look more neutral iv started looking so thanks for making this topic!

I want to start binding so bad, but I haven't found a binder in my price range that will work for me. I'm on the bigger side of things and I'm an F cup. I have literally never seen a binder for my size. Until I can find one or get top surgery I have been wearing compression sports bras. (i have this one someone gave me that flattens everything out (well, it makes me look like I have a muscular chest which is better than nothing). BUT the thing is kind of hard to breathe in and I swear it constantly gets tighter as I wear it).

RoswellValentine

I have one a friend bought for me from Underworks a little over a year ago. It still works, but I want to buy some more. Thing is, I'm having difficulties with Paypal at the moment, and I'm not sure about the ones on Amazon [reviews anywhere from mixed to "don't buy this, it's dangerous to use this one"]. I won't question anyone who says "don't use these kinds of binders because they'll cause harm", but I would like some suggestions for buying on Amazon (or any other online sites, should I manage to get Paypal working).

nerdperson777

I'm just looking at Amazon and the binding top seems like it has good reviews. Plus it doesn't seem too different from a bra so it won't be a huge transition for me. It's just that Asian sizing thing I'm confused about. My chest isn't really big so I wonder how I can make it look like pecs instead of boobs.

I have an underworks not sure what one the binding itself is tritop but its a full length tank. It works fairly well for me (I'm 5'4" 170lbs Pear shaped and a 36B) my only issue is huge hips and a short torso so the binding goes slightly past my hips and they and my belly pushes it back up (I'm probly going to trim the actual binding tomorrow after I try wearing it out n about today)

Oh its a size L also

I've had luck with tkingdom binders. There are a variety of styles and i liked the price ($40 for the one i have). I think its important to think about what style you'd be most comfortable wearing, I personally went for the adjustable short one (model 690) and have really liked it. Gets a bit hot but really comfortable and I can exercise in it.

Amoeba-Proteus

I still really want one of these too...
I'm still not sure about sizing and stuff though. I'm not a super chesty person either though, so I don't know if I could get away with a smaller one? I'm not sure how they're supposed to fit. Or what the difference is between all the styles, besides being a full shirt-style, half shirt style, etc. Do they bind much different from one another?

nerdperson777

I still really want one of these too...

I'm still not sure about sizing and stuff though. I'm not a super chesty person either though, so I don't know if I could get away with a smaller one? I'm not sure how they're supposed to fit. Or what the difference is between all the styles, besides being a full shirt-style, half shirt style, etc. Do they bind much different from one another?

Maybe as a group we can compile our own size list to help out other users? After enough of us has gotten some, we can recommend specific ones with sizes. But of course stuff must happen first.

Mine had a sizing chart. That's also the reason I go for the adjustable ones too. Be careful not too go to small because you dont want it to press the bones of your chest.

If you're looking at a model, research reviews online to see what other people thought of them. That will give you an idea of which style might work best.

littlepersonparadox

Just ordered my first binder! I decided since I'm a poor student living in residence I'll get it from simple binders. I think I'll want a full compression one later but I figured I can do this for now then when I get more cash I'll buy a Velcro one from somewhere else. This is just to see what fits/good sizing. Can't wait the webs advertised a four week wait time.

nerdperson777

I think I'm spending too much time looking at binders and being unsure which one to get. Somewhere this site linked a blog with reviews and one mentioned about shoulders. My shoulders are broad for my size, 38 inches around, compared to a 36 in hips and 34A bust size. I want to get a cheap one (because I'm Asian ;)) but if shoulders are an issue, would I have to buy a more expensive men's compression tank?

I think I'm spending too much time looking at binders and being unsure which one to get. Somewhere this site linked a blog with reviews and one mentioned about shoulders. My shoulders are broad for my size, 38 inches around, compared to a 36 in hips and 34A bust size. I want to get a cheap one (because I'm Asian ;)) but if shoulders are an issue, would I have to buy a more expensive men's compression tank?

Most places have sizing charts that you can use, but finding a binder can be a pain if any of your measurements are not standard.

There is a LOT of information on this site http://binders101.tumblr.com/. I feel like I've seen a question about shoulders and binder sizing on there. I hope that helps some.

nerdperson777

May probably just think of doing Underworks or the Asian one.

TheStarrySkai

Has anyone bought a binder from lesloveboat? I kind of wanna get one from there.

I think those are a little expensive so I'm thinking maybe the Underworks 983 or go cheap Asian again. I believe I'm going with tops first. Will probably order a little later so that I can get it sent to school instead of it arriving at home where I can't use it.

Thats what I'm thinking of getting.... I'm poor

I keep changing my mind because if you buy the Asian ones, it could take a month to arrive. I'm so confused right now. The full Underworks tanks are so much cheaper on Amazon but they don't have the tritop. I'm thinking way too hard. *brain explodes*

I bought a binder from taiwan on amazon. It came in a week. I also bought clothes from japan that came in a week. Conclusion, asia has crazy fast shipping.

On another note.... I wore my binder to school today for the first time. Luckily for me no one said anything about it, probably cause they didn't notice (maybe my chest is smaller than I think.......) I got a bit sweaty after a while since its a binder/tank top, but it was ok. It was super comfortable.

love the dildo harness also advertised on that same page.. just what I was looking for heh. not. well actually,I thought "gosh those look like comfy undies" then I was like.. "oh wait actually.. maybe not".. heh :p

I bought a binder from taiwan on amazon. It came in a week. I also bought clothes from japan that came in a week. Conclusion, asia has crazy fast shipping.

On another note.... I wore my binder to school today for the first time. Luckily for me no one said anything about it, probably cause they didn't notice (maybe my chest is smaller than I think.......) I got a bit sweaty after a while since its a binder/tank top, but it was ok. It was super comfortable.

From my experience, Asia has snail shipping. I ordered a Chinese language learning book from Amazon Marketplace, claiming it to be in the US. It turns out that the people first order it from China, and then reship it again to me. The book arrived incredibly late, past their guaranteed timeframe for delivery. My mom asked for a refund since it hadn't arrived yet. They did not refund her 100% so she got furious and wrote back that she deserves a full refund. They gave the full refund and now mom is wary about buying from the Marketplace.

But whenever I see that a product is from Asia, it says it takes between 15 and 30 days for delivery so I'm often deterred to buy anything that takes that long to ship.

My chest is pretty small too. I think that once I get a binder, my stomach will be farther out than my chest. Well, time to do ab exercises..

I bought a strapless one from Les Love Boat. Shipping was less than 2 weeks. It works okay, but I haven't used it much and part of the problem has been that i wasn't positioning my boobs right :/ Going to try it again the right way soon and that will probably work better.

Archived