• Christmas Day
    • Boxing Day
    • New Years Eve
    • New Years Day
    • Any of the wet and windy Bank Holiday Monday's
    • I love them all! And God bless you for that
    • Other. Mothers/Fathers Day etc.

This poll is closed to new votes

For me it would be Valentine's day all the way - I have hated that holiday from the get-go, way back when I was in grade school. All it did was to exacerbate the divide between the popular kids and those who weren't. I have plenty of rotten memories of "celebrating" that day in school where the only valentine I'd get would be from the kid who was assigned to give me one, where the popular boys and girls would get lots of them, and for those like me who weren't, well..... and then in high school all the pretty popular girls would get the roses on that day from their admirers (crimeny, couldn't the school band have come up with something different as a fund raiser?) and the rest of us would just sit there in home room and wait for the bell to ring.

And then there is all the crap surrounding that day for adults.....so please pardon me for having such a vile hatred for that day, which was only made worse by the fact that it is situated in the crappiest month of the year IMO, February (which is in the dead of winter, the season I like the least).

As for faves, I'd have to say Halloween, followed by Christmas.

Sorry to hear that, Dex. But your Aven family love you. (((Dex)))

Thank you LM :wub: If I wasn't so other wise engaged, I am sure you and I would do ever so well together. :) That is, if I could live up to the expectation of a certain crooner :P

You could, Dex! Like him, you are a gentleman.

New Years Eve, because it always makes me feel a bit lonely. People are always out partying or having a good time with their significant others and I usually just watch TV with my parents and grandmother. (I don't even care about parties, but still.)

New Years Eve, because it always makes me feel a bit lonely. People are always out partying or having a good time with their significant others and I usually just watch TV with my parents and grandmother. (I don't even care about parties, but still.)

Spend it on AVEN. :D

My least favorite is Columbus Day. He did nothing worth celebrating. He wasn't the first to discover the Americas, and even on his deathbed he swore he'd found a shortcut to Asia.

I dislike NYE for very different reasons, mainly because it is the start of another horrific year and the only thing we are celebrating, is the change from one second to another. Everything is pretty much the same. But I do see it as being as lonely as christmas, for some.

• 4 weeks later...

Has to be Easter, nothing is open, there is nothing to do, and I HATE chocolate eggs. Just wastes a whole day

Mine is other, the summer holidays is the worst. Screaming children, busyness and heat, not good.

I like all holidays, or at least I'm neutral toward them. Independence Day can be annoying because of all the noisy fireworks, but now that they're legal where I live that went from being one day a year to every weekend all summer so I can't really pick that one anymore.

• 2 months later...

Definitely have to go with Christmas Day, although I'd extend that to mean the whole month of December, really. Everyone loses their minds, the stores get packed like sardine tins while everyone prepares for the "big day", the terrible music plays non-stop, and it's all just so god damn merry. Blegh, I'm a total Grinch.

I don't dislike holidays, per se. They are just days to me and aren't celebrated. :mellow:

Boxing day is the most miserable day of the year.

TheLandsBeyond

Halloween. The rest are centered around family, at least in my household. Halloween, however, seems to be meant for partying with friends which reminds me that I have none as I sit at home on the internet and give candy to the two kids who trick-or-treat at my house.

Valentines Day, Mothers Day and Fathers Day. They aren't even holidays, but just shitty pretexts for traders to say "you're a horrible person if you don't buy something for your loved ones !", and they're also shitty pretexts to try to love people on those days. Real love is supposed to be spontaneous, not something programmed just for Valentines Day and routine is back the day after. It feels like "sorry, I didn't express much love during the last 364 days, but if I program a beautiful Valentines Day, where we will have a dinner at 8 pm and sex at 10:30, will you forgive me ?" How artificial and fake it feels -_-

Quintus Crinis

Really dislike Christmas because of all the stress - still struggling to find something for my mum (not helped by the fact I generally don't like busy places). :(

ndeed if it weren't for the nice weather I'd probably choose to hibernate throughout December.

JacquelineSparrow

I'm very surprised Valentine's Day isn't listed. I HATE that holiday with a passion. Only thing I like about it is 75% off chocolate the week after.

I went with Christmas day because of the materialism but also because we shut down the government for a religious observence, very un-American. Separation of church and state!

I'm very surprised Valentine's Day isn't listed. I HATE that holiday with a passion. Only thing I like about it is 75% off chocolate the week after.

I classed it under the Other category. I had a feeling, due to being around here for a few years, that it would be top of the list if I gave it it's own box. I felt that it would skew my very serious collating :P Besides, I've only just begun to enjoy it and felt a small urge to protect it :blush:

I have realised that when it comes to Christmas, instead of diddling myself out of a good time just to spite those that I loathe, I will have myself a very good time with the ones that matter. There's no point in cutting off my nose to spite my face. Plus, the others I don't like are also disliked by the ones that matter.

Veterans Day ... Need to change into mandatory holiday days for people who work as I don't earn a holiday pay when I work that day

and Valentines due to many staff at work skipping the day making us understaffed at work.

I can't stand Valentine's day at all. Christmas has become extremely commercialized to the point where I just want to throw my remote at the TV. Never been a huge fan of Halloween. Thanksgiving has just become another day to me.

My biggest complaint is not the days themselves, but having to deal with peoples reactions when I tell them I don't really care about the days. "WHAT?! You don't like [insert holiday here]?!?"

I'd rather be in band.

I don't like Christmas Day. It immediately warrants an interrogation by my family members..

I chose Thanksgiving as my least favourite. Why? Because it's not about being thankful. It's just an excuse for people to pig out on turkey. I don't eat meat, so I feel bad for the turkeys. And then there's the fact that Black Friday is creeping into Canada and turning a thanksgiving holiday into a time of consumerism and greedily grasping for yet more stuff.

I think it would be easier if I said what holiday I hate the least. Because almost all of them a my "least favorite."

Halloween is probably the only holiday that I like. (because I love the costumes and "scary" stories. .. and candy. I love candy.)

drjohnhwatson

I put Easter because Easter is either for religious people or more for kids diving after the candy. So as an adult (or so I've been informed; I still feel like a child??) who hasn't really made up her mind about religion fully, Easter is boring and basically a non-day for me.

:huh:.

I put Easter because Easter is either for religious people or more for kids diving after the candy. So as an adult (or so I've been informed; I still feel like a child??) who hasn't really made up her mind about religion fully, Easter is boring and basically a non-day for me.

:huh:.

What I think of Easter: CHOCOLATE!!!! eggs.

Still, it's no where near as good as when I was a kid but the same can be said for Christmas and probably everything else....

Archived