Your preferred end-of-the-world-apocalyptic-scenario

DexM

Your preferred end-of-the-world-apocalyptic-scenario.  

1. 1. Would you prefer

• Alien invasion
    • The dead rising/zombie outbreak
    • Pandemic
    • Godzilla-massive-hidden-beastie-wreaking-havoc
    • Internet idiocy. i.e. Piano playing cat who has some toast on it's head that often falls down a hill, elected as President of the Earth/Facebook becoming sentient and human elimination = "Like this"
    • You would prefer for things to remain relatively normal, thank you. It's Monday morning, Dex!
    • Something else

This poll is closed to new votes

A real, good old fashioned, Monday morning type of thread ^_^

I was reading the newspaper yesterday morning. It was an article based on the security level having been raised in the U.K. Oh yeah, it gets better! I decided that that evenings television entertainment, would be 28 Days Later. And it got me to thinking: What would be your least favourite end of the world, situation?

Care to share why?

Dex, you left out giant meteor strike and super volcano eruption both of which would likely bring on another ice age. Global warming anyone? :P

Personally I'd like to go out with a magnetic pole inversion so that we would all die with a good suntan. :)

Dex, you left out giant meteor strike and super volcano eruption both of which would likely bring on another ice age. Global warming anyone? :P

Personally I'd like to go out with a magnetic pole inversion so that we would all die with a good suntan. :)

@Mole and Gizamaluke: Please feel free to include such monumental occasions in the Something else box ^_^ To be honest, I panicked a little at the Pandemic situation and decided to add that function as I may have been there until next Monday morning :P

Ah! You did!

Alien invasion for sure!

──────────────▄▀█▀█▀▄
─────────────▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
─────────────▄─░░░░░▄
───█──▄─▄───▐▌▌░░░░░▌▌
▌▄█▐▌▐█▐▐▌█▌█▌█░░░░░▌▌

voted pandemic, since i live pretty far away from most people i doubt id be greatly affected, i could go on without leaving home for months (obviously id rather not catch fish and eat fish+potatoes everyday...but its an option)

Sun going supernova! Lights out instantly. (Figuratively and literally)

The solar system going into one hell of a chaos and the Earth's revolutions stopping. Or just one big bloody explosion.

verily-forsooth-egads

If it involves aliens, the Doctor will save us, even if the scenario requires he saves us in an alternate timeline.

I'd love for Godzilla to wreck everything. If there were a zombie outbreak, I'd just pop a cap in me. I won't take part in any of that insanity.

:lol: internet idiocy. It´s probably already happening.

Apparently I'm the only one who says a zombie outbreak...

I would actually go for the zombie outbreak, too. I have my whole survival situation mapped out ^_^ I believe I would stand a better chance with the living dead (a far better chance than I do with the living) than any of the others.

Alien invasion: Fuggedaboutit! No Geoff Goldblum with his Apple lap top and handy virus, and no Will Smith with his extravagant, extraordinary flying skills. Just a bunch of things from Ceti Alpha 5, blowing us all up.

Pandemic: I would be dead in minutes. I have had so many rare illnesses, so many crazy problems that only 85 year old women get, and my immune system is as functional as a rotten tomato.

Godzilla etc.: This might work. It may get rid of my home town and lord knows that has needed demolishing for a while now. But it may also destroy some beautiful countries. I would hate to see Australia, Canada, Italy or New Zealand, get leveled.

So zombies it is. But only Romero zombies. None of those fast, intelligent ones :mellow:

So zombies it is. But only Romero zombies. None of those fast, intelligent ones :mellow:

Have you seen those World War Z zombies? Those things are crazy!

Melting of the ice!!! AKA the ocean invasion :twisted:

Guess what... the dolphins are coming.

Pandemic and internet idiocy. Though really, anything is preferable to either a zombie outbreak or alien invasion.

Have you seen those World War Z zombies? Those things are crazy!

All that standing on top of one another just to get a quicker a brain-fix-munch ^_^ I'm not sure I would appreciate that blatant cheating. My survival stronghold is a rather tall building. I would hate to be pottering around and just see this zombie escalator appear at my window :lol:

@Zjezdzaj- :lol: I had this wonderful image while reading this and eating my porridge. I imagined getting up and going to take out the rubbish/garbage, and seeing this dolphin splashing around in a couple of feet of water, and blaming it on my nuisance next door neighbours. I had to stop at the whale-in-the-greenhouse imagery.

I had to go with Alien attack. For some reason I love alien invasions. I think because they are almost always corny. Honestly some of the aliens on shows are just funny and not scary. And really I might actually have a chance at surviving an alien invasion (or ya know, in my mind I do.) I also said Pandemic because it's a classic, and I have a really high immune system.

littlepersonparadox

Well instantaneous once the 8 seconds pass for the lack of sunlight and gravely to actually get here. (Yes the amount of time for us to. Notice a change would be the same amount of time for the sunlight takes to reach us. It's kinda like a we don't know If one of the stars we are looking at has already gone supernova because we still se it's light type things) assuming that the sun just disappeared.

Although supposedly earth might have been swallowed up by the time it goes supernova because before it does it will get big enough (becoming a red giant) that it will swallow the inner plannets possibly including earth. Increasing scorching heat until were finally vaporised is soooo not ideal.

Personally i would go nuclear meltdown as my most feared Armageddon and the one I would be ok with is pandemic at least I go the way I was always expecting that I would go out as, ill and in a hospital bed. The only difference is that I wouldn't be 90.

Alien invasion would be good. Although a pandemic would be cool, too. Especially if I were immune and those of us who were immune got to go out looting. I assume it would feel like those end-of-term school days where you were allowed to do whatever you wanted to.

Squirrel Combat

Universe implosion!

Well instantaneous once the 8 seconds pass for the lack of sunlight and gravely to actually get here. (Yes the amount of time for us to. Notice a change would be the same amount of time for the sunlight takes to reach us. It's kinda like a we don't know If one of the stars we are looking at has already gone supernova because we still se it's light type things) assuming that the sun just disappeared.

About 499 seconds actually. And gravely what?

During a super-nova stars don't suddenly stop shining. Also super-novas don't happen that fast....

It couldn't possibly be aliens because the Doctor would show up and save us. Duh.

I went for "something else" because I personally like the idea of an unknowing death. One where I'm perfectly happy, walking down the street, then BAM nothing. So, I'd go with something like spontaneous earth combustion with no prior warning... or a giant space-bus crashes into the earth sending it out of orbit and crashing into the sun, all in a split second and we'd never know. It could happen!

Archived