Favorite/Least fave seasons?

kelico

Seasons (fave and least fave)  

1. 1. Which is your favorite season of the year?

• Summer
    • Autumn
    • Winter
    • Spring
    • I like them all equally! They all have their pro's and con's.
  2. 2. Which is your least favorite season?

• Summer
    • Autumn
    • Winter
    • Spring
    • But...I liked them all equally! They all have their pro's and con's.

This poll is closed to new votes

So, which season of the year do you like, and which do you dislike the most? Any specific reasons?

For me: I don't like summer, not just because of the heat (I'm wretchedly sensitive to heat), but it seems like something depressing happens to me during this season (I believe it's been 4 years in a row now lol). I distrust summer. My favorite is probably fall/autumn...the changing colors and coolness are wonderful. <3 I love rainy fall days, too...so pleasant.

My favourite is spring, when life and warmth start creeping back into the world. Autumn is a close second for its beauty and temperate weather, but it's tainted on account of coming before my least favourite season.

Which is, of course, winter. Because I hate having to don three layers and brace myself before going outside, and driving should never feel like trying to steer an air hockey puck.

WhenSummersGone

I like summer the best and winter the least. I'd like to move somewhere warmer because Canada is too cold in the winter. Also I hate Christmas, although the break is nice, and I have seasonal affective disorder that gets worse in the winter.

littleheartsofjoy

My favourite is spring, when life and warmth start creeping back into the world. Autumn is a close second for its beauty and temperate weather, but it's tainted on account of coming before my least favourite season.

Which is, of course, winter. Because I hate having to don three layers and brace myself before going outside, and driving should never feel like trying to steer an air hockey puck.

I agree with both of your answers, but my reason is different for winter.

I feel like fashion is so boring for winter, because there's oh so much that I can layer. lol I want to be warm and I'll like to look cute as well.

Fall is my favourite. It acts as inspiration for my poetry, it has just beautiful temperatures...the scenery is gorgeous...the smell of decomposing leaves...my goodness! I never want to be inside.

Summer is my least favourite. Everyone seems to come out more in the warmer seasons and it's hot as hell. No.

Kitty Spoon Train

Totally depends on the location...

eg. In milder temperate climates, where the weather is civilized in summer, I actually quite like summers. But when I lived in a hot desert climate, I hated the summers there.

If we're talking your typical four season climate though (such as most of the non-extreme ends of North America and Europe), then autumn is probably my favourite. Not too cold, not too hot, and generally less rainy and unstable than springtime.

Where I live now, autumn/early winter is definitely my favourite. Summer can be okay as long as massive heatwaves stay away, but there's no guarantee, so it can be hard to enjoy unless you really don't mind dealing with extreme heat regularly (which I don't like). And in springtime I get major allergy issues here. So it's really only autumn and winter which are predictably pleasant for me here.

I love spring and fall, hate summer and my worse season is definitely winter .... Oh how I dread winter, I even get seasonal depression whenever winter comes around.

When I was younger my favorite season was spring, but more recently I've learned to prefer fall. I would rather the weather be cooler than warmer, and I prefer to get the "bad news" out of the way so that things can end with a happy note, and fall starts off a bit warmer and ends a lot cooler, whereas spring starts of cooler and ends a bit warmer.

Besides that, fall days tend to be windier, and I love the wind.

I don't suppose I necessarily dislike any of the seasons, but my least favorite has to be summer. I'm all sweaty and crap then. I don't even sweat that much . . . but summer can d that to me.

Idk if it has to do with me being from the tropics but summer is my favorite. I hate winter and the cold.

I like autumn too but in a more idealistic sense. I like Halloween and the orange leaves and the athmosphere around thay time.

Summer is easily my favorite season...Love the extended daylight hours & nice warm days :D

Winter is my least favorite...I don't like cold (snow can be nice though :) )

I was torn between summer and winter on the last question, as I equally hate both: Winter, because I'm sensitive to cold. Summer, because of the annoying flies and what not. I ended up picking summer because despite my cold sensitivity, I do like wearing my nice warm winter coat and boots.

Favorite: Winter

Unfavorite: Summer

My reasons are strictly temperature based.

When I was a kid, I liked summer more (who didn't?) but now that I'm not, that particular reason to like summer is obviously gone.

Thank you for all the wonderful responses and votes so far! : )) It's interesting to read everyone's reasons for their choices...I can definitely relate to a lot of them! Cake for all! :cake: :cake: :cake::cake:

P.S. Yeah, when I was a kid in school, I LOVED summer (break). That was the sole reason, and now that it's gone lol...sorry, summer.

I like fall and spring (spring more so, fall is down a few notches because of all the leaf raking), and also summer, but probably summer is my fave of those three. Not too fond of winter, in fact, before I started taking vitamin D supplements I utterly hated it! I dreaded winter because I became so depressed, but the D supplements have cut way down on that.

But still I'm not real fond of it simply because:

of all the extra clothes one must wear, especially outside

the way my yard becomes one big mud wallow when the grass dies and it rains

dealing with my wood stove and all it entails - stacking, carrying, and carting around firewood (seems like I always have a splinter or two in winter, as sometimes I'm in a hurry and don't bother with my gloves), cleaning and dumping ashes, vacuuming up all the crud that comes in the house with the firewood, etc, etc,

cold, wet weather can really exacerbate arthritis and chronic pain

The only downside of summer (IMO) is bugs - I'm a real mosquito magnet - I must douse myself with copious amounts of the most powerful, foul smelling bug repellents out there to get them to leave me alone. And then there are bugs that get in your house, like ants, and those nasty little things that try to get into your eyes, nose and ears when you're outside in or near the woods.

My least favorite is summer. It's always miserably hot, occasionally humid, and Just. Too. Hot.

My favorite here is winter because it's the only time we get nice cool weather regularly. And occasionally have roads shut down. :)

If I lived in a slightly different climate I'd say Fall because it's just beautiful; leaves changing color, crisp air, firewood, cool weather... Needless to say, we don't really get a fall here. :P

Summer is great - the weather's nice, no dark mornings...

Autumn is windy, rainy and horrible in general and therefore I don't like it. My least favourite.

Winter is nice when it's cold and you can sit infront of the fire. Also you get to wear winter coats and lots of sweaters. And Christmas is brilliant.

Spring is great because all the flowers come out and the world is nice again.

It's more or less a tie between summer and winter, but summer is the one I chose.

Spring is my favourite since it has the most mild days (which is my favourite weather-type).

It's a toss up between Summer and Winter for least favourite. I detest how hot and humid Summer gets. I get Winter blues, thanks to little sunlight (also hate Winters where there's no snow - it's Winter, so snow damnit!). Picked Winter because it really gets me down while some Summers have been on the mild side.

Spring is my favourite since it has the most mild days (which is my favourite weather-type).

It's a toss up between Summer and Winter for least favourite. I detest how hot and humid Summer gets. I get Winter blues, thanks to little sunlight (also hate Winters where there's no snow - it's Winter, so snow damnit!). Picked Winter because it really gets me down while some Summers have been on the mild side.

Did you know Momiji is a traditional Japanese season? It also means "maple tree".

My favorite season is autumn because of colorful leaves and nice temperatures.

I don´t like summer because it´s too hot and I can´t deal with it (termoregulation problems).

I'm a bit surprised at the results so far ... wouldn't have thought that summer was that unpopular with so many of you.

I literally hate summer. I love late autumn and I like winter.

Yeah, I would have thought winter would have been the most disliked one right away. Maybe it's an subconscious ace thing, summer is the season where people are always trying to show off. XD

I really like fall because it's always nice and cool, and I'm not a big fan of summer because it gets so hot and humid around here because of all the lakes.

Mycroft is Yourcroft

I love summer! I don't function well when it's cold, but I still prefer winter over spring (too much rain, pollen, cool days...)

I think each season has it's pros and cons, so I voted 'I like them all equally'.

Shall I list my reasons? I'm going to list my reasons.

Spring - As said by others, I love it because it's the time when everything begins again after the cold of winter. And my birthday's in spring, which itself has pros and cons. But, then again, it's still quite cold in England and it always seems to rain a lot on my birthday.

Summer - The sheer warmth is a joy. All the green and lazy days in France, swimming in and reading by the river. OTOH, the sheer warmth often means hot, overheated hands and feet, sunburn and headaches.

Autumn - The colours and cold are beautiful, I think more of art than of literature now. The begining of the school year (this year it is university!). OTOH, chapped lips and school starts, back in England.

Winter - Beauty of landscape. Sitting at the window with hot tea, watching it snow. The contrast of warmth with cold. New Year, Christmas. OTOH, the contrast of cold with warmth, painful painful hands and feet (I have mild Raynaud's).

I think each season has it's pros and cons, so I voted 'I like them all equally'.

Spring - As said by others, I love it because it's the time when everything begins again after the cold of winter. And my birthday's in spring, which itself has pros and cons. But, then again, it's still quite cold in England and it always seems to rain a lot on my birthday.

Summer - The sheer warmth is a joy. All the green and lazy days in France, swimming in and reading by the river. OTOH, the sheer warmth often means hot, overheated hands and feet, sunburn and headaches.

Autumn - The colours and cold are beautiful, I think more of art than of literature now. The begining of the school year (this year it is university!). OTOH, chapped lips and school starts, back in England.

Winter - Beauty of landscape. Sitting at the window with hot tea, watching it snow. The contrast of warmth with cold. New Year, Christmas. OTOH, the contrast of cold with warmth, painful painful hands and feet (I have mild Raynaud's).

Thank you for your reasons!! I love how you can find something wonderful (and something not so wonderful) in each season. : ) Maybe I should've had an answer for "I don't have a favorite or least favorite" instead of liking them equally...hmmm. But anyhoo, thanks for your response! :cake:

Edit: I changed the answer to include "they all have their pro's and con's" along with "I like them all equally." : )

Thank you for your reasons!! I love how you can find something wonderful (and something not so wonderful) in each season. : ) Maybe I should've had an answer for "I don't have a favorite or least favorite" instead of liking them equally...hmmm. But anyhoo, thanks for your response! :cake:

I did have to think quite hard for a 'not so wonderful' thing about autumn, so maybe I should have put that as my favourite? But I really do like them all equally! Eh, I don't know. :D

Yeah, maybe. Can you edit the poll or something?

Quite alright, it made me think :D

Oh yeah. Fall is my favorite season, followed closely by spring, as I like the mild temperatures of those two seasons. Heck, if it were up to me, both seasons would each last six months. Yes, I really hate extreme temperatures, which is why it was a toss up between winter and summer as my least favorite season.

All of the seasons have their pros and cons. I love the rain in Autumn and Spring but I love the cold in winter. However, summer is also fun because I can lounge about and do nothing all day.

Archived