Do we know the estimation of libidoist and non-libidoist asexuals?

littleheartsofjoy

I think the number of libidoist asexuals outnumber the nonlibidoist ones. I only know like 6 nonlibidoist aces, counting myself in that number.

What is a libido, and how does it interact with asexuality? I'm sorry for my ignorance ( I think I may be nonlibidoist, but I'm not sure what exactly a sex drive is, since when I look it up everything is written from a sexual's perspective) :blush:

What is a libido, and how does it interact with asexuality? I'm sorry for my ignorance ( I think I may be nonlibidoist, but I'm not sure what exactly a sex drive is, since when I look it up everything is written from a sexual's perspective) :blush:

I'm libidoist and libido for me is I get horny at random times. It's a need for sexual release.

Having a libido means that you experience a desire for sexual release (for asexuals this usually means that they masturbate, although I think you can have a libido and choose not to masturbate).

I guess I am closer to a nonlibidoist based on my understanding of the word.

My sex drive is almost nonexistent. I do, however, have a strong romantic and affectional impulse. So while the number of libidoists might be greater, the quality of those libidos will vary much.

Amoeba-Proteus

My guess is libidoists are more common than non-libidoists.

I still feel out of place at times as a non-libidoist, because most asexuals seem to be libidoist in my experience.