Dating sites for asexuals wanting to start a family

L95

Hi!

I was wondering if anyone knows of a dating site (or section of a dating site) aimed at catering for asexuals who want to start a family. I can't seem to find any myself, and I'm aware it's a bit niche, but any help would be much appreciated!

Well there are definitely dating sites out there for asexuals! and you can always put that you're looking for hopefully a long term relationship on your profile. I think starting a family is something you can't force or go looking for, you have to find a person that you want to have a family with rather than wanting a family and looking for someone to make it happen. I know it might be hard to be relaxed about the outcome of relationships if you're ready to start a family but it really does just take time and trust.

Thanks for your response! Much appreciated!

I think starting a family is something you can't force or go looking for, you have to find a person that you want to have a family with rather than wanting a family and looking for someone to make it happen.

I totally agree that you can't expect to start a family with someone until you've got to know one another very well, and re-reading my earlier post I didn't make my position on that very clear at all!

I suppose what I'm trying to say is that it would be good if there was a site that allowed you to express whether you're open to starting a family or not on your profile. Of course having kids is something you should only do if you are in a strong long-term relationship, but I think it would be handy if there was an asexual dating site that allowed users to outline where they would like to be in a relationship a few years down the line.

That would be a very small group of people within an already small group.

Don't mean to be negative, but If 1% of the population is asexual and you want to date someone with the capability of the relationship leading to offspring, then the person you date must be of the opposite sex, so that cut down your options perhaps 0.5% of the population, and then if maybe half of the aces of either sex are homoromantic then you have now cut down the options to 0.25% of the population, and then, of that number, how many are already married, don't want kids, or maybe are too old or too young to have kids ... I am pretty sure that slashes the number in half again, so you're now at .125%. Then there is location, And the odds that such a person would be looking on the same dating site as you are ..... Numbers again slashed in half .....0.065%. Then, there is compatibility ...there is no guarantee that an asexual person of the opposite sex who wants a family would be compatible with you.

Sorry again for being negative, but good luck in your search, I don't think the existing asexual dating site are very good anyway.

Archived