Black rings?

Hi all!

So I've been seeing a lot of posts lately about black rings, but I'm out of the loop on this one. How do you wear it as a signifier of asexuality? Is it any kind of ring?

Please explain!

:redface: :redface: :redface:

Wearing a solid black ring on the third finger of your right hand has become a symbol that you are ace, or, I believe, in the ace spectrum. Some people like it, some don't, but is as become as close to being as official symbol as i've seen while being relatively unknown. It means different things for a lot of people, as you might've noticed if you checked out the various threads going around, which may be more informative than any synopsis I can give.
I don't have the link but I think it originated as a suggestion on AVEN due to a lack of symbols for aces, and the fact that wearing rings on different fingers means different things (like in many parts of the world a ring on your left hand ring finger means you're married).

There aren't any official rules about it, and it might not be as noticed by most people, but yeah...a black ring on your right hand, middle finger is "traditional." But I've seen many aces on here that play with the idea (maybe put on their other hand, or the ring isn't totally black). Like I do have a completely black ring, but I sometimes wear another one instead that's mostly silver with a row of black stones. It's really up to what you're comfy with. : ) Not all aces wear a ring. But it's getting a little more common as an ace symbol. :cake:

I thought it's supposed to go on the LEFT middle finger. That's what I saw on another thread. Maybe I'm confusing left and right again. :unsure: I read this,

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/76607-black-rings-and-other-ways-to-show-asexual-pride/

and in it, I read this:

You know, a friend of mine wears a ring on her left middle finger. Her explanation being that: your right middle means "currently single", the right ring means "currently taken" and since the left ring means "taken/married" in a permanent sense, then the next logical conclusion would be that left middle means "permanently single".

By someone named Adrian. So, now I'm confused. Is it the left, or the right middle finger that the ring goes on?

I thought it's supposed to go on the LEFT middle finger. That's what I saw on another thread. Maybe I'm confusing left and right again. :unsure: I read this,

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/76607-black-rings-and-other-ways-to-show-asexual-pride/

and in it, I read this:

You know, a friend of mine wears a ring on her left middle finger. Her explanation being that: your right middle means "currently single", the right ring means "currently taken" and since the left ring means "taken/married" in a permanent sense, then the next logical conclusion would be that left middle means "permanently single".

By someone named Adrian. So, now I'm confused. Is it the left, or the right middle finger that the ring goes on?

If you read further in the thread, the discussion changes to the idea of it being on the right hand.