On Wearing Black Rings

Lol! Unicorns! I'm dying over hear. I literally developed a headache from cracking up so hard :D *runs around the apartment like a unicorn*

Now I HAVE to get a unicorn (lol what a mistype)

Now I HAVE to get a black ring, so that when I meet another ace, I can declare, "unicorn duo! Transform" And then we'll fist bump, meeting rings, and do crazy (or shoddy lol) acrobatics, and finally strike heroic poses beaming out into the crowd! And everyone will say, my what strangers :D

we need an ace theme-song, to make the whole thing more brilliant

(ohmigosh, my head, it's like I'm growing a horn >.<)

LOL unicorn power! The direction this thread has taken is great! If I ever get to see any of you in real life I expect all of this to happen when we meet!

I wear two black rings (on the same finger), my first ace ring and my new one. I can't wear them at school, though I've not taken them off all summer. at school I tend to keep them in my pocket or on a necklace.

Wonder Ace powers: activate! Form of...(enter form you wish to change to here). :D

I'm another ace with one of the black Lord of the Rings rings. Honestly, the only other jewelry I've worn is necklaces now and again and in the past when I've tried to wear rings they generally drove me nuts. However, I got my ring at the end of last November and it actually did not really take me any getting used to.

Actually, I had a plain black ring to wear to Model UN conferences, but it broke when we were in New York and it felt really weird being without a ring for a week. So I guess I'm at the point now where it does feel weird to be without one.

MystiqueSister

This is hilarious. My boss reckons when I get his desk - I'm going to cover it in 'frilly curtains and unicorns and shit'. I'm not a girly-girl - but he knows I'm an Ace. I think we have to use unicorns as a symbol now. :lol:

This is hilarious. My boss reckons when I get his desk - I'm going to cover it in 'frilly curtains and unicorns and shit'. I'm not a girly-girl - but he knows I'm an Ace. I think we have to use unicorns as a symbol now. :lol:

Oh the horror! Please keep this to yourself. :P I'm not going to start collecting unicorns! :lol:

I used to wish I could own a real unicorn when I was kid. Go Unicorns! :cake:

A group of Unicorns is called a blessing.

Although my favorite mascot for asexuality is a Raven, but a group of Ravens is an unkindness.

MystiqueSister

Yeah but we don't have to be good unicorns. We could be those demonic bastard unicorns in Terraria that run you through as soon as they see you.

Although my favorite mascot for asexuality is a Raven, but a group of Ravens is an unkindness.

Excellent!

Now if I meet 3 or more aces at one time...

We will yell, "Multi-Unicorn Blessing, Ace Power!" and then we will all clap our hands 3 times and snap our fingers once... within a circle.

(A)rrogant Avian

Excellent!

We will yell, "Multi-Unicorn Blessing, Ace Power!" and then we will all clap our hands 3 times and snap our fingers once... within a circle.

I love it! We really do need an offical ace handshake, that added together with the black ring will ensure that we know if they are ace or not. Because with the ring, it's very unlikely, but can happen that some people just wear a ring on their right hand, middle finger, the just so happens to be black, if we add a handshake or a secret phrase, I don't think anyone can accidenatly do a secret handshake or say a secret phrase.

Excellent!

I love it! We really do need an offical ace handshake, that added together with the black ring will ensure that we know if they are ace or not. Because with the ring, it's very unlikely, but can happen that some people just wear a ring on their right hand, middle finger, the just so happens to be black, if we add a handshake or a secret phrase, I don't think anyone can accidenatly do a secret handshake or say a secret phrase.

Due keep in mind, that some asexuals dislike touching of any kind and may not be comfortable with a handshake. I myself used to dislike any touching at all when I was a teenager including handshakes. Although after the many years of combatives training that we often do in the army, I found that while I do not necessarily like being touched, I also no longer mind it either. Even before I realized that I am asexual, I always had a sense of indifference to touching even from women.

That is why I think clapping hands, snapping fingers, wiggling our fingers in front of each others faces, or some other non-touching gesture would be best. Plus, if we did something like that while yelling something strange like "Multi-Unicorn Blessing, Ace Power!" in front other people that would definitely increase asexual visibility! Because no one is going to be able pretend that they did not see something that crazy.

ewww do NOT wiggle fingers in front of my face I do not behave rationally after that

Does it make you feel dizzy? or does it unlock some hidden rascal inside you?

th7Q4ZND8J_zps9e18da66.jpg

Secret phrases, handshakes, finger wiggles and unicorns! Why not a scannable bar code tattooed on our butts just to be sure! :P

th7Q4ZND8J_zps9e18da66.jpg

Secret phrases, handshakes, finger wiggles and unicorns! Why not a scannable bar code tattooed on our butts just to be sure! :P

Well, I do not have any tattoos myself and I do not want any either. I would rather stick to something less permanent.

Guest Cairne Bloodhoof

Wouldn't think of taking mine off. Took me about a month, or so, to get used to it, as I've never worn rings.

Have yet to meet a fellow ace.

1_zps9ed233be.jpg

Is that the One? The One that will rule them all?

Wouldn't think of taking mine off. Took me about a month, or so, to get used to it, as I've never worn rings.

Have yet to meet a fellow ace.

1_zps9ed233be.jpg

Is that the One? The One that will rule them all?

Nah! This won't even let me cut in line at the grocery! :P

MystiqueSister

I think microchipping is the way to go. When we pass each other in the street - the proximity causes a tiny 8-bit electronic fanfare to go off.

I don't think we have a ring to rule all the other black rings, that would be interesting though.

I wonder what that person's title would be?

I don't think we have a ring to rule all the other black rings, that would be interesting though.

I wonder what that person's title would be?

I could create one at the AVEN Black Market, however I do not have the ability to manifest it in reality. It would only exist within the AVEN Universe.

EmotionalAndroid

I just recently found out about this symbol. Right now I am too afraid to wear one because I have not really said anything to anyone yet, but maybe once I am out on my own I will get one!

It would be amazing to find someone wearing one of these. It's like a secret society! x3

MystiqueSister

Emotional Android - I wouldn't worry too much about wearing one in public - I've worn one for about 6 months and never had a single person even ask me what it means. Apparently I'm the only Ace in the village. :P

Same here! I was afraid then I realised that no one knows about asexuality around me so it really didn't matter. No one found it strange that I suddenly decided to wear a ring either, although I'm not one to wear much jewellery. It is nice to wear it, though, to remind myself I'm not alone.

EmotionalAndroid

MystiqueSister - I guess the only people I worry about asking me about it are my family. I still live at home, so I might have to explain and I am still afraid about coming out. I don't know why, though.

MystiqueSister

Actually I still live at home too (don't ask) and the parental units don't know yet. But I've been wearing the black ring in front of them - they just don't know what it means (along with everyone else in my life). So I'm telling friends here and there to gauge the reaction and what kinds of questions I get so I can work up to telling them.