On Wearing Black Rings

So I was just at a Flea Market that was selling black rings for two dollars. So I bought one. And now I have a question. I do not normally wear jewelry so I feel strange wearing it. How many of you wear black rings on the middle finger of your right hand? Do you have any asexual friends who also wear black rings?

I wear it occasionally, but all the ones I bought are too big so they slip off :/ I don't wear jewelry that often either; my friends notice it haha. Makes me happy to wear though! Makes me feel more accepted for some reason.

I also don't have any ace friends in person... We're like unicorns :D

I also don't have any ace friends in person... We're like unicorns :D

:lol: Yes, yes we are lol

Lol, I think were more like black unicorns.

Well, maybe I'd be a grey unicorn.

I have my black ring waiting in my Amazon list. Soon, real soon it will be mine.

Wouldn't think of taking mine off. Took me about a month, or so, to get used to it, as I've never worn rings.

Have yet to meet a fellow ace.

1_zps9ed233be.jpg

I wear my black ring for a couple of reasons: 1) ace, 2) I've got trichotillomania, and my ring has a spinner so I can fiddle with it. So I wear it almost constantly.

I have 2 different rings that are my ace rings--one that is the more classic all-black steel(?) ring, and one that is a silver infinity ring that has a row of black stones on it. I switch between wearing them, and I wear one just about everyday. : ) I never wore rings before, so it took a bit of getting used to, but now it just feels so comfortable. Haven't met a fellow ace yet, but that's ok; I wear them for my own confidence. : )

I always wear mine. I've never been much of a jewelry person(I did wear necklaces for a while, though), so, like everyone else said, I had to get used to it, but now I can't imagine going through the day without it.

My best friend is actually asexual as well, but they don't wear a ring; it's not exactly their style. XD

(A)rrogant Avian

I wore my black ring all the time, until I lost it. I am thinking about getting a new one. I have never met an asexual in real life, but I have heard from someone that there is another asexual in my school.

It does a little bit of getting used to, I have one simple one and a newer one I got that is black but the inside is silver, and I do wear it especially when i'm going outside of my house. Inside I don't wear it all the time, since it's something I do to help with ace visibility. I have to say though, i'm off an odd few..I have two IRL ace friends who wear black rings!

Also yay for $2, both of mine were $2 or $3 each xD
(shhh I also wear ace of hearts card earrings >_> )

Wouldn't think of taking mine off. Took me about a month, or so, to get used to it, as I've never worn rings.

1_zps9ed233be.jpg

I have this exact same ring! :)

fbl5r5.jpg

1_zps9ed233be.jpg

I have this exact same ring! :)

fbl5r5.jpg

Great minds... :D

This has to be the least controversial topic ever posted in the Hot Box...

Obviously posted in the wrong place. Already a few other 'black ring' threads in the forums.

(A)rrogant Avian

I am still in self-pity about my missing ring..... :(

Ok, so at least I did not waste my money. Thank you for posting. I know this was not the best place to post this, but I could not think of better place so I just posted here.

Unicorns huh? So what happens when two unicorns appear in the same place at one time?

Ok, so at least I did not waste my money. Thank you for posting. I know this was not the best place to post this, but I could not think of better place so I just posted here.

Unicorns huh? So what happens when two unicorns appear in the same place at one time?

I didn't mean to criticize. You're still finding your way around. if you're not sure where to post. Post in Just For Fun or Asexual Questions. If it doesn't belong there an admod will move it for you. :)

I didn't mean to criticize. You're still finding your way around. if you're not sure where to post. Post in Just For Fun or Asexual Questions. If it doesn't belong there an admod will move it for you. :)

What?! I did not know that! Thank you!

Post in Just For Fun

Off-A would be a more appropriate alternative to the Asexuality subforums. Just For Fun is for useless spam and forum games.

I recently started wearing a black ring! I wear it as a reminder to myself that I'm not alone in being asexual, and its helped me a lot in being more confident in my orientation. So far nobody (either ace or sexual) has commented on me suddenly wearing the same black ring everyday, but I always wore rings anyway, so I doubt anyone would notice unless they were specifically looking for it.

I also have a demisexual friend who does not wear a black ring. She's not on aven or very involved with the ace community though, so its possible she doesn't know black rings are a thing..

Moving to Asexual Q&A on the basis that black rings are often seen as asexual visibility related items.

Amcan

Admin

I'm thinking the universe would implode. ;) Like for Santa and the Holiday Armadillo.

I wear a black ring too. Love it. It's a little bit big for me, as I fall in-between sizes, but it doesn't seem likely to slip off, so that's cool. I have yet to meet anyone wearing one as well, but I have hope. :)

Moving to Asexual Q&A on the basis that black rings are often seen as asexual visibility related items.

Amcan

Oops! Wrong quote!

What?! I did not know that! Thank you!

See? What did I tell you? :D :lol:

Notice:

Ok, I am dying of laughter!

Also, I will state "Unicorn Duo! Ace Power! Combine!" if I meet another ace.

I do not know about all the other stuff but I am down for whatever the other ace is.

Perhaps we should start a topic that discusses some kind of secret handshake or dance or whatever that we do when we meet other aces.

Oh my gosh! I'm sure if you two ever got together, the incident would make it to all the major news stations. Watch out world! :o :P :D

I suppose it is a possibility, if I should ever visit my crazy Mormon aunt up in Pennsylvania.

(A)rrogant Avian

Notice:

Ok, I am dying of laughter!

Also, I will state "Unicorn Duo! Ace Power! Combine!" if I meet another ace.

I do not know about all the other stuff but I am down for whatever the other ace is.

Perhaps we should start a topic that discusses some kind of secret handshake or dance or whatever that we do when we meet other aces.

That is a brillaint idea! I would be all for doing that if I ever met another ace!

I have a black ring I wear on my right middle finger, but I don't wear it all the time, because it's kind of bulky, and I just haven't been able to get used to wearing rings all the time.