Is there a word for mental attraction?

Not sapiosexual, which is a sexual attraction to intelligence.

But a non-sexual, non-physical attraction to have a mental relationship with another person?

I don't know, I always assumed romantic relationships involved some kind of physical contact

I don't know, I always assumed romantic relationships involved some kind of physical contact

Nah, not inherently. That's what it might mean to some/most people, but not to everyone, and not to me. This is something each individual couple gets to decide for themselves.

They don't have to be physical, some asexuals prefer not to be kissed or touched (hugging, holding hands, etc.). I think some people like to use the term platonic relationship, refering to a non-physical romantic relationship, though 'platonic' is by definition a non-romantic (and non-physical) relationship (aka friendship).

You could also try on "sapioromantic" for size. Sexual attraction isn't the only one that sapio can be applied to ;)

Humm... I have described this as Intellectual attraction. Not sure if that fits though.

Shoomon, indeed, there exists such a thing. I am a person who is attracted to real / fictional / imaginary beings intellectually. And since there a billion people out there, I am sure there are many more like me (and them :-P) But I think they are very less in number as I haven't met a single person who is attracted to me on a mental plane but somehow not aesthetically or sexually attracted.