New Guy here...

Kremalimonette

Kremalimonette

Er hello there... I'm new to this world of asexuality. I don't want to sound like I'm ranting etc but recently I stumbled upon this website and I found that I can really relate to the things I saw on here (regarding no sexual attraction). What my question is, is that If I engage in sex (for building a family with kids etc) after I got married does that mean that I'm not an asexual? Like I said. I am attracted to people (women because I'm sure that I am ''straight'' in some way or another) but instead of going like "Oh my god look at that ass or boobs whatever" which I also deem as very disrespectful to women, its the face and the character of the individual that I care about. I do like the idea of dating someone which I like but without all the cuddling and kissing etc. Honestly I'm very confused right now about this and I would appreciate ALL THE HELP you guys can give me because I feel so lost.

Looking forward to get to know you all! Peace.

Welcome! Sexual, romantic, and aesthetic attraction are separate things. You don't specify the way you're attracted to people, but it could be romantic and/or aesthetic without sexual attraction. Sexual orientation isn't tied to sexual behavior, so if you did have sex, you'd still be asexual.

If you engage in sex for any reason, be it that you want to have kids, you want to please your partner, etc, it won't change whether or not you're asexual. Many people on here engage in sex because it is something their partner wants and it is something they are willing to do, it just might not be something the asexual person would normally seek out. Don't worry, your sexuality is defined by you, and not one event in your life!

Also: Welcome! :D