Giveaway for Asexuality Book

swankivy

Hey guys, my publisher is giving away 5 free copies of my asexuality book, The Invisible Orientation. If you want to enter to win a copy, you can check it out on the Goodreads site:

Book Giveaway!

It's releasing officially on September 2. The giveaway is from now through August 30.

If you want to see more info (like reviews, purchasing info, how to get autographed copies, etc.), you can check it out on my website:

The Invisible Orientation: An Introduction to Asexuality.

I got my hardbacks the other day and made this cool video about opening the box and telling you a little about the book if y'all wanna watch it. I hope this book helps and informs a lot of people! :D

• Like 8

I entered another one of these draws at the international asexual conference, but had no luck. Perhaps this time I'll be luckier ;)

Persistence for the win!

Edit: Apparently this isn't friendly to those of us in Canada... :(

Well, this one's for the final version and it's hardback (not the advance reading copy which was paperback and had a few mistakes still in it), so hey. :D

MystiqueSister

Australia would very much like to be included in this too. :(

Eeeeeeh, methinks this is only for Americans. Italy is out too ;)

Man, that's a bummer, I guess the free giveaway options are limited to the country the publisher's from . . . bah. Well, all three of my ARC winners were in Canada and it was pretty expensive to send 'em since there isn't a cheaper international "media mail" option, so I guess that's probably why they do it that way. Frustrating.

• Like 1

Oh well, sooner or later I'll get a copy anyway ;)

Post is so expensive to Australia, so I can understand why we're not included. Sad, but it's usually the case!

I'll just have to buy a copy! :D Can't wait to read it, swankivy!

I already pre-ordered a copy through Amazon, I am supposed to get it by next week. Can not wait to read it. Also thank you for all those YouTube videos you made about asexuality they helped me a lot. I also like some of your writing videos.

Wow, so many people are saying they've preordered it . . . I'm basically shocked at all the interest. :D Thank youuuuuu!

• Like 2

Another Antipodean here. Unlike my Aussie neighbours: "I went where no-one [down here] has been before!" I ordered a copy of swankivy's latest publication 2 mths ago at our trendy li'l 'alternative' bookshop.

They've told me it'll turn up in a month or two [it's a long way to come]. I'm looking forward to it arriving before Xmas...and told them the price was irrelevant :o ! Ciao

whhhhyyyy lol

downsides to being canadian even though canada is the best

and I won't have the money to buy a copy

guess it will have to wait for me :P

littlepersonparadox

I have to wait until i'm in college to order it, cause i don't know my room number yet. We are allowed to get packages delivered to residence at least. I think i want to get 2 copies. One for me (always ;) ) and another to donate to my local library since they don't have anything on asexuality.

• 2 weeks later...

Ahh I missed it! It sounds awesome though, i'll have to look for a copy! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've read this book, it is brilliant, informative, well written and useful. You've managed to answer an awful lot of questions I have been asking about myself, and explained a lot of the asexual jargon. All other aces I heartily recommend this book, it's the best on the subject I've encountered. Big thanks and lots of :cake: :cake: :cake: for your hard work.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I've read this book, it is brilliant, informative, well written and useful. You've managed to answer an awful lot of questions I have been asking about myself, and explained a lot of the asexual jargon. All other aces I heartily recommend this book, it's the best on the subject I've encountered. Big thanks and lots of :cake: :cake: :cake: for your hard work.

Gosh thank you. That is such high praise!

Just so people know, and not to be all self-promotey or anything, but if you read the book and you like it (or have anything at all to say about it), it helps both the book's sales and ace visibility if you add a review of the book to Amazon and/or Goodreads. What it does is help make the book look like more people are interested in it, and the more people who review it and declare interest in it, the more people will think "oh this is something I need to know about."

If it sells well in hardcover, there's a chance it could get released in paperback at a cheaper price, but it was originally sold to the publisher with the understanding that they think it's a book more people will borrow than buy for themselves, so they concentrate on library sales (and hardcover reference-type books survive better in libraries). If they end up thinking individuals will want the book too, it could get a paperback made and that would be way cheaper of course. :)

• Like 1