I'm questioning and my friend asked what was up?

Asexy_Cards

So I went to the movies yesterday with a few of my friends. I've been sick lately, and a bit tired as well. Also, I have been slowly developing feelings for one of my friends, who I will refer to as Rapunzel for the sake of this post. Now, Rapunzel invited me and a few others to the movies yesterday, and I was excited because the person I like invited me to the movies. Who wouldn't be excited? Haha

I didn't end up sitting next to her, even though I was hoping to :unsure: . She was talking to one of our guy friends (He shall be called James) throughout the movie, and that put me into a bit of a bad mood. I was probably a bit jealous...?

So yeah, towards the end of the movie I got a bit quiet and upset, and Rapunzel's best friend, I shall call her Stacey, asked me what was up. I lied and said that it was just because I was tired and sick (partially true). When we got out of the movie, Rapunzel looked me dead in the eye and asked what was up.

NOW THIS IS WHERE IT GETS WILD

Stupid me said that I was confused and stupid me said that to someone who likes full answers :redface:

Now here we are, in the middle of a shopping centre, her mum sitting behind her drinking coffee, with Stacy and James standing behind us having their own conversation about the movie. She didn't want to let this go, even though I said that I didn't want to tell her. I was trying to get her off topic by asking her if she was hungry and wanted to go get maccas, but she just pushed past that and straight back to my confusion. I said that I didn't want to tell her, and that I would be uncomfortable telling her. It would be even more uncomfortable telling her in a public place. She said "well, do you want to tell me somewhere private?" And I replied "I would still feel awkward." Who would feel comfortable telling a potentially straight girl that you are questioning and have feelings for her? And in front of her best friend? And her mum? I don't think so. It came to a point where she started to guess, and guessed that I could be dying. That was the funniest thing I had heard all night hahaha

Well, on quick thinking, I suggested out loud that we all go to Kmart, which thankfully the others heard and agreed to. I saw some sunglasses in James' bag, so I managed to have sunglasses on my face at 6:30 at night, in the middle of a shopping centre. I brightened up after this.

After the made up plan, we went down to Nandos, because James was hungry. While we were sitting there, I mentioned that I wasn't hungry and hadn't been since breakfast (well, I am sick). She looked at me in the eye again and said "so it's something internal."

Yes, it's my love for you that's internal

Thankfully, I managed to think up another diversion that also rejoined the others into the conversation. By that time, my dad had arrived to pick me up thank god.

The whole point of this masterpiece of an essay, was to ask if I should tell her if I'm questioning? I'm a very reserved person and don't really trust others, but would this be a good idea? It would finally be getting something partially off my chest, and I guess that's a good thing...?

I don't really know anybody personally, apart from my family. Would opening up to someone be a good idea? Especially if they're the person I like? :blush:

Thanks for taking time to read this exam-worthy essay of mine, and I'd really appreciate any help at all

Thank you ^_^

Well, I think telling her you're ace, maybe homoromantic, and you really like her, is putting a bit to much on her all at once. She might have a hard time understanding it all, and then she feels like she has to decide how she feels about all of it instead of just a part.

So, I would say start small. Message her that you've heard about a thing called asexual. Don't say you're ace, just say you heard about it. See what she thinks. If she's cool with that then feel things out and maybe you can tell her your ace later. And if that goes well maybe you can make your feelings about other things more clear. Take small, baby steps. That's what I would suggest.

All my friends know about me being ace, but most of then don't really know what it is and don't really mind.

I don't want to tell her my feelings, I just want to tell her that I'm questioning and I'm wondering if that would be a good idea?

Archived