Someone Actually Said That Demisexuals Are Homo/Bi/Panphobic

temporalscavenger

littlepersonparadox

Ouch. That's just low. How do they even get that idea? I mean I can see why most people give the responses they do that are hurtful either out of arrogance and being overly confident but how can someone be so arrogant as to think that?

Demisexuals are homo/bi/panphobic? Huh. You learn something every day.

Unfortunately, most of the time, it's something stupid.

(I can only imagine the convoluted train of thought that led them to this conclusion.)

WhenSummersGone

It's definitely not a preference and why would I be homo/bi/panphobic? I don't care who people are attracted to. That part makes no sense at all.

I've been having a similar (and rather heated, unfortunately) conversation with someone on Tumblr, who thinks that demisexuality is just a preference. It's upsetting, really, but it seems to be a bit of a Tumblr trend.

temporalscavenger

I've been having a similar (and rather heated, unfortunately) conversation with someone on Tumblr, who thinks that demisexuality is just a preference. It's upsetting, really, but it seems to be a bit of a Tumblr trend.

What a coincidence, so am I!

(A)rrogant Avian

I am not demi-sexual, but I am demi-romantic, even if I wasn't, this still makes no sense. The person contradicted himself in what he said! This is really sad and shows just how ignorance can create hate.

binary suns

the conclusion they made is not consistent with the assumption... you'd think from their assumption, that demisexuality is attraction to people who are only half-gendered....

temporalscavenger

Now this one person is saying that grey-asexuality is bullshit because they are an elite asexual who thinks that only pure asexuals are real. Wow.

(A)rrogant Avian

Now this one person is saying that grey-asexuality is bullshit because they are an elite asexual who thinks that only pure asexuals are real. Wow.

That's a very black and white veiw of the world.

That's just weird! :o

I'm bi-demisexual...... I'm trying so hard to come up with a way of explaining it to people simply so they can understand....

It's not a preference.... It's blooming frustrating on occasion because I get so flipping jealous of my friends sometimes the ease at which they are able to form a relationship...

But obviously it's a preference so I can just change that can't I.....

Thankfully I only have access to virtual :cake:

Um...that came totally out of left field. Or whatever that phrase is. Yeah, demi isn't quite the same as straight/gay/bi. It's a weird orientation in that it requires another qualifier. But seeing as somebody who's demi can be straight, gay, or bi (although the latter is often harder to determine due to lack of data points), I don't see at all how it's homo/bi/panphobic. And even if it were...how is it not also heterophobic?

FireBendingAce

This is probbbaaabbllyyy one of the dumbest arguments I've ever heard. Right up there with "demisexuality is slut shaming!"

I just.. Legitimately don't understand how some people are so dense that they can't understand a simple difference between a preference and an orientation. If I did not identify with demisexuality and I heard about it and thought "huh, that sounds like a normal preference, why the distinction?".. The first thing I would do would not be to go off on some shitty tangent.. The first thing I would do would be to google the definition, upon doing which I would see the definition and be like "oh, okay! So they CANT feel sexual attraction unless there's an emotional connection, and even then they might still not! Got it!" And move on..

Like I reeeeaalllyyy don't understand what is so freaking hard about taking 5 seconds to google something you don't understand. And then, even if you don't think it's real or whatever, it's honestly not hurting anyone, so I don't understand why you would feel the need to make up shitty arguments like this either..

WhenSummersGone

This is probbbaaabbllyyy one of the dumbest arguments I've ever heard. Right up there with "demisexuality is slut shaming!"

I just.. Legitimately don't understand how some people are so dense that they can't understand a simple difference between a preference and an orientation. If I did not identify with demisexuality and I heard about it and thought "huh, that sounds like a normal preference, why the distinction?".. The first thing I would do would not be to go off on some shitty tangent.. The first thing I would do would be to google the definition, upon doing which I would see the definition and be like "oh, okay! So they CANT feel sexual attraction unless there's an emotional connection, and even then they might still not! Got it!" And move on..

Like I reeeeaalllyyy don't understand what is so freaking hard about taking 5 seconds to google something you don't understand. And then, even if you don't think it's real or whatever, it's honestly not hurting anyone, so I don't understand why you would feel the need to make up shitty arguments like this either..

Some people are so closed minded they only believe themselves and nothing they ever hear or read. I also find it weird that we live in the age of information and the internet yet some people can't use google to educate themselves.

Archived