Is there any way to calm libido without masturbation? (TMI)

AngelofArt

I really hate my libido. Due to my gender dysphoria, I'm often uncomfortable with masturbating. Sometimes I'm ok with it, but a lot of times I'm not. When I try to ignore my libido, my privates start to really hurt, and I become really irritable. Is there any way to calm my libido without masturbation?

Cold shower.

Cute animal videos are a pretty good distraction too.

Touchofinsight

Just wait it out, honestly most of the time when me and my libido disagree... I just wait usually within 20 minutes or it fades. Sometimes I just can't be bothered with it, oh its you again... *rolls eyes*

Too much information. You, reader, have been warned.

I find the best thing to do is to wait it out if I don't want to masturbate, but my vagina doesn't hurt if I don't. If your penis always hurts, then your best bet would be to take a cold shower whenever possible.

Someone on here once mentioned taking licorice (concentrated stuff, not the processed candy) for it. I don't know how effective that actually is, though.

Personally, I've come to just "bite the bullet" and masturbate... and hope for getting ED some day down the line.

hi Angelofart

Have a talk with persons that choose celebacy !

I leanrned in classes about herbs and their use that munks use them to get get rid of disturbing sexual tension.

All the usual herbs used in Italian pizza!

And leccute.

I am not quified in this field, but you can ask someone who is.

Some professions also must learn how to turn themself off.

Here's something that's happened to me recently that you may possibly find helpful - although for all I know the situation may be different for men than women. I usually drink a glass of (usually red) wine with dinner most evenings; but this month I decided to do a personal challenge of abstaining from alcohol for the month. So, I've been off alcohol for 12 days or so, and it's had an unexpected result - my normally low libido (which being asexual just means my capacity to become aroused / interest in masturbation) seems to have disappeared completely. It's like someone's turned off a tap! and I'm like - "That's odd, downstairs bits stopped working". :D I then read in my newspaper the following statement: "Apples, like wine and chocolate, contain polyphenols and antioxidants that can stimulate blood flow to the genitalia, helping with arousal".

This has rather thrown me as I always thought alcohol decreased people's capacity to "perform" sexually. Now I'm wondering if my libido was driven by wine?! I guess I'll see how things develop during the rest of the month!

Think of something that upsets you or makes you depressed. Watch a horror movie or just sleep it off. Being really cold also decreases it. I would say feeling nauseous but it's usually better to feel horny than feel sick....

I recommend putting less pressure on your genitalia if it hurts, so wear looser clothes and sleep on your back. Just think of something to distract you.

I find my libido is easy to ignore.

• 1 month later...
Sage Raven Domino

In an old thread on the topic, there's a bigger list of foods lowering the (male) libido: not only licorice, but also mint, refined carbs (that's what I eat as I'm too lazy to eat healthy :D ) and especially soy (hmm, I need to check it out).

Regarding 'emergency rescue', I alas know no way to stop arousal when I can't get alone, other than stopping thinking about the trigger, but when I'm alone at home, the standard method of squeezing the stick at its base (to stop blood inflow) seems to work fine. Or maybe its secret lies only in that I start thinking about the pulse instead of the trigger.

Archived