Aesthetic Preferences

noparlpf

Aesthetic Attraction  

1. 1. With which gender do you identify?

• Male (cis or trans)
    • Female (cis or trans)
    • Nonbinary (bigender, androgyne, genderfluid, &c.)
    • Agender
    • Other
  2. 2. With which sexual orientation do you identify?

• Heterosexual
    • Homosexual
    • Bisexual/Pansexual/Polysexual
    • Asexual (including grey and demi)
    • Other
  3. 3. Which of the following can you find aesthetically pleasing?

• Male humans
    • Female humans
    • Other humans
    • Human children
    • Puppies
    • Kittens
    • Flowers
    • Sunsets
    • Artwork
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm curious what different people find aesthetically pleasing. Feel free to comment regarding your answers.

Edit: Oh yeah, I meant to add a romantic orientation question too, but I got a call from work and got distracted. Oops.

I'm glad you didn't mention "aesthetically attractive", because I would have had to say "nothing"

But pleasing? The opposite sex can fall in there... as for inanimate things, it's hard for me to name anything specific, but overall I tend to like *colorful* things. That's probably not very descriptive, but most of the time when I am thinking "oh, that looks neat", that is generally a big part of the reason for it.

I'm ace and I'm somewhere in the muck between male and agendered.

I can find all of those aesthetically pleasing... did I even understand the question correctly? :blink: 'Cause the way I understood it, it would be abnormal to never find some of those aesthetically pleasing... I mean, nothing wrong with being abnormal in a way or another, but it sounded almost like a "Is water wet?" question (like... maybe someone wouldn't consider water wet, but... :unsure::blush: )

I am a male Aro ace who can sometimes find women aesthetically pleasing.

binary suns

I just voted for everything... it was a very broad question... Also I'm lucky I'm asexual.. because I honestly don't know what hetero- or homo- anything would imply for me...

I went with artwork, because there's some odd assumptions about what aesthetic means. Usually what I like are environments and atmospheric things. With people, that usually relates to their face or clothes. I like scenes that don't have people in them more-so than ones that do; because despite their differences, people pretty much all look alike.

Now that was an easy "check every box" poll... :lol:

Female humans, kittens (and grown up cats, even the freakin' big ones like lions and tigers), and sunsets/-rises do have a certain special awwww-ness to them, though, in my eyes. ^_^

I voted for males and females. This is asking about aesthetic attraction, right? If not, then I guess I would vote for everything listed.

I voted male humans, female humans, puppies, kittens, sunsets and other. I love scenery for instance, baby animals in general and pictures of coloured lights/coloured bars and similar. I love colour.

I voted male humans, female humans, puppies, kittens, sunsets and other. I love scenery for instance, baby animals in general and pictures of coloured lights/coloured bars and similar. I love colour.

But you never find human children cute? :o

WhenSummersGone

I can find anything pleasing. Art, nature, people, animals, space, objects, food, anything.

Maybe an "all of the above" would help?

I was a little unsure about children - their teeth and their general stickiness make me feel a bit sick sometimes, but then children can be beautiful too, just like anything can be.

Synchrèse

Funny...I tried to recall all (more recent) instances when I found male or female humans aesthetically pleasing (I didn't even think about human babies, because...no, they're not. Period.) and I ticked...puppies, sunsets and artwork.

No, I don't like children.

Squirrel Combat

Kittens are VERY aesthetically pleasing. :)

I don't either, they're actually generally repulsive.

Agender asexual and everything but children. I am actually what you could call "child repulsed" :lol: .

• 2 months later...

With modern technology you would have thought we could create instant adults. Just take some chemicals, plug in a computer and, hey-presto, an instant educated adult. Seriously, though, Clothed females, but not nudes, kittens, sunsets, others- especially butterflies, mountains and bridges! Don't ask why, 'cos I cannot answer that, I just do!

With modern technology you would have thought we could create instant adults. Just take some chemicals, plug in a computer and, hey-presto, an instant educated adult.

Pfft, we don't even have anything approaching a working clone tank/artificial womb yet, and that at least has some theoretical base how it might work, some future day (I do think that day is less than 50 years away).

Forced Growth, however, especially of the mental/maturity kind? Very, very much scifi... and also much more ethically questionable than growing babies in a biofactory tank array.

I'm female, and find men aesthetically pleasing and beautifully coloured ducks (all ducks)

I find plenty of things pleasing to the eyes. However, I greatly dislike children.

Certified Cake Decorator

I chose Other because baby rats are so cute!

And Capybaras? Who doesnt like GIANT HAMSTERS?!?!?!

Also suits. Suits are amazing and everyone should wear one all the time. It should be a law.

I chose Other because baby rats are so cute!

And Capybaras? Who doesnt like GIANT HAMSTERS?!?!?!

Also suits. Suits are amazing and everyone should wear one all the time. It should be a law.

More like giant guinea pigs....

o.O and no one said Cake? I'm disappointed.

• 7 months later...
SpAceViking

I suppose I can find everything aesthetically pleasing. Pretty much anything can be beautiful/pretty/cute, and I see it all the same way I see paintings, I guess.

I think that it's possible for anything to be aesthetically attractive, but my standard for that is too high. The only humans I find aesthetically attractive are male and female supermodels.

• 3 weeks later...
AceEnergy6

Non-binary ace who's aesthetically attracted to almost everything, except flowers and stars. Flowers and stars kind of make me feel uncomfortable up close due to my trypophobia and astrophobia. But, sometimes (yet very rarely) I'll let it pass.

Flyaway4me

To me the world and everything in it is so aesthetically pleasing, gosh, it's hard to find something that's not :blush:

If by aesthetic attraction, you mean stuff that I prefer to look at, it'd be women, sunset and artwork. If by aesthetic you mean that I can admit one looks good, male humans falls under there.

Archived