Celebrities?

EerieT

I think this is the correct place... Though I'm not sure....

Anyway does anyone find celebrities or famous people etc attractive. I only ask because I've been watching a lot of Bear Grylls shows on tv & I've been given his autobiography which I'm currently reading as a change of pace, and well... He's kind of become attractive I think it's because I admire him and have learnt a lot about him... It's weird... And I'm probably reading too much into it... Then again a similar thing happened with Jack Osbourne after watching & reading etc.... Generally I don't find celebrities attractive, that said the more interesting or unusual they are the more interest I have....

Does any of this make sense? Or am I mad ;)

marararara

I find A LOT of celebrities attractive (mainly aesthetically or romantically attractive), but only when I know something about them. For example, I think Benedict Cumberbatch is pretty now but the first time I watched Sherlock I thought he was ugly and weird looking. So don't worry, you're not mad :P

Nope, not at all. Most celebrities who are trying to look attractive just look fake imo, and the others I'm generally indifferent toward.

Though what OP's describing sounds more like the start of idolization or hero worship than romantic/sexual attraction to me. Maybe I'm overthinking it.

You're not mad...don't worry about it!

However, I'd add, you may wish to identify what the "attractiveness" is that you refer to. Like marararara ^^, I distinguish between 'aesthetic' and 'romantic attraction'.

Aesthetic attraction best fits in with my asexual orientation. The romantic alternative has no place for me. Over time, you may find an attraction-type that suits your vibes.

Cia :)

I think that's what it is. I'm getting confused with terminology Etc like I mean they have become aesthetically attractive because I know more about them. There's no romantic-ness involved. I think it might be the case I'm becoming a bit over analytical about stuff... It's been playing on my mind recently which is probably why I've not been on much...hmm

My celebrity crush list is huuuuuuuge :D

But even so, if I was to spend romantic time with anyone on that list I still would probably not want to sleep with them

R. and I actually have a long list of "claims" on celebrities and have been quibbling over it nearly as long as we've been together. (Jodie Foster was legendarily hard to agree on who "gets" her. :lol: )

Her side is more than twice as long as mine, but mine is quite impressive nonetheless.

I am the almighty queen of celebrity crushes. So many. I can stare at their hair, gorgeous faces and biceps for YEARS. My shining example would be Colin Morgan. He is aesthetically smokin', but similarly to you, the more I learn about him, the more attractive I find him. I mean, during the intermission of a play he was in, he ran around the theater getting tea for these elderly women in the audience. How could you not love a guy like that? But yeah. I'm pretty sure it's normal. Just because I love him I don't want him naked in my bed.

I've always found that the beauty of someone's personality shows on their face. Like, if you meet a guy who is generally considered unattractive, but over a period of time you figure that he is absolutely lovely, I find that he begins to look more aesthetically attractive. It's weird, but it does happen :)

That's kinda what happens with me the more I know about someone the more attractive I find them.... It's happened a couple of times over the years in real life... But nothing came of it... It was nice though :)

Hey Mysticus Insanus, I'll take Jodie foster off your hands so that you & R don't fall out. I'm doing a public service :D

bare_trees

Yes, there are a ton of celebrities I find attractive--Laverne Cox, Patricia Clarkson, Ezra Miller, Daniel Radcliffe, and on and on, but I've always been confounded when people will say "OMG I would bang Stevie Nicks!" because it's never like that for me. No matter how much time I might spend online looking up pictures of any of my crushes, I can't imagine being sexually involved with them. They're just strangers when it comes down to it, and that could never be ok in my book.

That is very true if I were to ever meet someone like Bear Grylls aside from being impossibly shy I'd want to talk to him about his amazing experiences... And probably want a hug lol but the idea of doing something, anything else is not even remotely likely...

Everything seems a little weird at the moment... It's like I'm realising so much about myself right now... It's weird, exciting and a little scary lol

• 4 months later...
Spirit-catcher

I am the almighty queen of celebrity crushes. So many. I can stare at their hair, gorgeous faces and biceps for YEARS. My shining example would be Colin Morgan. He is aesthetically smokin', but similarly to you, the more I learn about him, the more attractive I find him. I mean, during the intermission of a play he was in, he ran around the theater getting tea for these elderly women in the audience. How could you not love a guy like that? But yeah. I'm pretty sure it's normal. Just because I love him I don't want him naked in my bed.

I've always found that the beauty of someone's personality shows on their face. Like, if you meet a guy who is generally considered unattractive, but over a period of time you figure that he is absolutely lovely, I find that he begins to look more aesthetically attractive. It's weird, but it does happen :)

Oh dear. I think my celeb crush on him is going to get worse the more I talk to you... :/ ^_^'

my most common celebrity crushes are musicians/singers i like but this is really due to their music making me happy, that i don't get a crush unless their music brings me joy

Colin is just perfect, I love him so much, Merlin literally took over an entire 2 years of my life, it was all I thought about, all I talked about, everything I did revolved around it for 2 whole years, it got to an unhealthy point.

Also, I didn't know it wasn't only me that finds people aesthetically attractive once I get to know them. I don't find strangers aesthetically attractive until I know them well enough to see their personality on their face. I thought that was just me being weird, I'm glad to hear that it's a normal thing to do

I have only one celebrity crush and I have had it for 34 years. The person in question is Swedish rock musician Tomas Ledin who is on my avatar. I like him on an aesthetic level and a professional level but I also like him on a 'personal' level as he is a humanitarian and a decent man.

cheeringselenator

This is me! I can totally find celebrities attractive and I love celebrity couples and think they are so cute! But I hate PDA if I just see it on the street or something. And I don't really feel attracted to any "regular" people, just celebrities.

• 2 weeks later...

Celebrities have been a huge part of my aesthetic attraction for years. I can recognize that when my true sexual desire would come around (meaning given the chance I would translate fantasy into reality), I would do something about that attraction. However, that's not my baseline experince. Usually when I look at celebrities I crush on, I either end up imagining them with other people I crush on or imagine them doing romantic stuff with me. When it involves me, it doesn't jump straight to sex.

I find random celbreities aesthetically attractive, but if they play certain sorts of characters or musicians with certain music I become more and more attracted to them (I tend to like musicians more than actors) as the mroe I feel I can relate to them/understand them the more I start to like them.

WhenSummersGone

I definitely think some celebrities are good looking. I've had more celebrity crushes than real life crushes lol. Most of them were just romantic but it could turn sexual if I actually knew them.

Archived