What device do you use the most for viewing AVEN

Guest Cairne Bloodhoof

1. 1. What device do you use to read AVEN the most?

• Computer
    • Smartphone
    • Tablet
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest Cairne Bloodhoof

What device do you use the most for viewing the AVEN site and forum? What internet browser do you use and what screen resolution do you have?

I think these questions may provide useful information to AVEN developers, who can focus on improving and optimalizing the site for the most popular device. And I study informatics, so I am curious about these kind of things :lol: .

As for me, I voted for smartphone, because I haven't come out to anyone and it is the device that I have the most privacy with. The smartphone I have uses Android 2.3.6. I use the default web browser that is included in the OS. The resolution is 480x320 or 320x480, it depends how I rotate my phone :) . It is comfortable, altough some feature aren't included in the mobile version(for example deleting messages in Messenger). But overall, I am happy with it. Oh, and I go only to the forum. I haven't used the chat, but I am planning to.

Vyanni Krace

My laptop is the only device I use. Everything else I have seems to hold a grudge against this site. XD

Guest Cairne Bloodhoof

@Naomoxi: What operating system do you use? Windows? Linux? I can help you if you figuring your resolution if you use one of those :-).

@Naomoxi: What operating system do you use? Windows? Linux? I can help you if you figuring your resolution if you use one of those :-).

I have Windows 8

I use my smartphone (a nokia lumia) to view aven most of the time because thats what's most convent for me.

However, my phone usually can't keep up with the chat so if I want to go on there I switch over to my laptop.

WhenSummersGone

I use my iPhone. I find it faster to just use my phone.

What device do you use the most for viewing the AVEN site and forum?

Most of the time I use my old desktop computer (on rare occasion I might use my laptop)

What internet browser do you use?

FireFox. Always... not a fan of internet explorer

what screen resolution do you have?

1280x1024

What operating system do you use?

Windows

Uh....smartphones, tablets, etc are computers. They have computers in them. In fact, if you're browsing AVEN, you're using a computer.

Anyway, I use a desktop computer the most for AVEN.

Laptop, I usually prefer laptops or desktops over anything else for this kind of stuff.

I use my PC most because the forums are actually harder to navigate on my iPhone especially when looking at a thread with more than two pages. I have also yet to figure out how to mark a single forum as read instead of all the forums at once while using the phone.

Ironically, I'm using my phone to write this post because I'm visiting family XD

Edit: I have windows 7 and use chrome. Res is 1920x1080

poindexter

Phones/tablets are too dodgy to view this website on - I write a massive post, only to accidentally tap the "back" button and Kabam! no more post. Or I accidentally paste something into the body of the text and have to delete it all, which takes a long time because you can't easily highlight and delete. Also, chat doesn't work as well on my phone, and it takes longer to type on it.

I use my laptop instead.

Guest Cairne Bloodhoof

I have Windows 8

I've never used Windows 8, but I find a guide how to set your resolution:

http://www.wikihow.com/Change-the-Resolution-in-Windows-8

It that didn't help, here is somethink from Microsoft:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-8/get-best-display-monitor

Of course, you don't have to change your resolution. In fifth point, there you can see a textfield named Resolution. That's what I am curious about :) .

Only my laptop. I tried browsing some fora, though not AVEN, on my very basic old-school cellphone but only in extreme situations when I had no Internet connection at home. To show you how hardcore this experience was let me just tell you that the device has a 1.8" display. Anyway, as you can probably imagine this was extremely inconvenient ;)

I use Windows 7 and my default browser is Mozilla Firefox, though I occassionally use IE too.

Windows 7 laptop with Chrome.

imo, phones are great for consumption, but desktops will always be vastly superior for production and interaction. And forums generally are designed for interaction rather than consumption (for instance, there isn't a "show all content you haven't read on one page" button), so even if my phone liked this site I'd never use it for that.

5_♦♣

I only use my computer. I have windows 7 and after having gone through a few browsers this week, I finally settled on CoolNovo.

What device do you use the most for viewing the AVEN site and forum?
Laptop--mobile AVEN is too glitchy

What internet browser do you use?
Chrome

What screen resolution do you have?
1366 x 768

What operating system do you use?
Windows and Linux (Dual boot, though I mainly use Windows 7 for internet)

I use my iPad. I hardly ever bother using my laptop these days. I'm so lazy >.>

Computer - I have a mac and a windows 8 PC, and always use chrome! My screen res is anywhere between 1440x900 and 1980x10pfff.. what was it 1080? yeah that one.

I've not been here as a member for 24 hours yet, but I've mostly used my Galaxy s4 phone with firefox. My desktop is windows 8 and firefox. Not sure of the screen resolution.

The only problem I've run into thus far is figuring out how to delete an accidental double post. Other than that it's not *too* difficult to figure out how to do things on my phone.

I (almost) always use my laptop with Safari, and I use Chrome when I'm on another computer.

The only problem I've run into thus far is figuring out how to delete an accidental double post.

It's normal you can't find that option, we can't delete a double post. :)

BananaHannah

I use my phone, just in case my parents use my laptop. I haven't come out yet, so privacy is key for me lol

I use my phone, just in case my parents use my laptop. I haven't come out yet, so privacy is key for me lol

Yeah, with one common computer and you not having come out it must be quite tricky.

Also, I wonder what the OP meant by "other" device. I can't think of any other possibility :blink:

I do use my tablet, but on a computer you can see so much MORE

Also, I wonder what the OP meant by "other" device. I can't think of any other possibility :blink:

All I can think of are feature phones and "phablets".

I Mostly use my iPad for viewing AVEN.

Guest Cairne Bloodhoof

Any other devices that I haven't mentioned there :lol: . I've heard that some televisions can be connected to the internet. Though I don't know if you are able to surf through the whole internet, or you are restricted to just Skype and downloading apps for the TV. Also, consoles should be able to connect to internet, so maybe they have some internet browser. I don't have any of these things, so these are just my theories and speculations :) . I can't guarantee you they are true :D .

And of course, typewriters. I should add them there :lol: .

binary suns

I have a smart phone, and a tablet, and a pc....

• 1 month later...

Archived