WorldPride 2014 Pictures & Videos!

Hi everyone!

THANK YOU ALL for coming out to all the events this weekend! What a truly incredible weekend, full of amazing people and times... AND PICTURES!

I know many people here took pictures over the course of their time at WorldPride! Since not everyone knows everyone else on Facebook, Twitter, or G+, I would like to invite everyone to post their photos and videos here for people to look at and share!

By posting a link to your albums here, we will have a chance to not only see all the events in their photographic glory, we will also have a chance to get photos of ourselves for sharing on social media or removed from being shared. While the conference was organized to keep people who did not want to be in photos out of the line of the camera, the parade was much more of a free-for-all of photos and so it would be nice to give people a chance to opt out.

So, without further ado... Let's see your pictures!

• Like 1

Photos & Conference Videos

Da Location

photo7_zpsb8724f34.jpg

Da Registration Desk

PIC_0120_zps605bc3cf.jpg

Da Restrooms

photo6_zps45faaaf3.jpg

Asexuality Leadership Q&A

PIC_0106_zps3cd01a27.jpg

Joseph De Lappe and his current research

PIC_0126_zps35bba695.jpg

Ace Toronto

photo11_zps62db80cd.jpg

AVEN

photo12_zpsaa23609a.jpg

Conference Videos

Asexuality Leadership Q&A session

Grey-asexuality and Demisexuality

(A)romantic Identities

Asexual Relationships and Dating

I regret that I wasn't able to record (ran out of memory) the last part of the discussion. It was a question about "When is it the right time to tell someone you are dating that you are Asexual". I think in sort, the answer is that it is unique to every situation and one would have to weight up the level of risk as to the timing of that communication. And I think you can hear in the video the advice on communication is to be open with your communication to a point that doesn't make you vulnerable.

Current Research on Asexuality

AVEN and Ace Toronto marching in the Parade

• Like 7

Supposed to get to Pearson at 4am but started early and now I'm camping out at Pearson.

Along the parade route as I handed out the cards there were three things that I heard or saw that's worth a little mention.
1) a lady pointed at her friend and said "she is asexual."
2) a lady said she was really glad we were there.
3) a girl in her mid teens looked really excited to receive a card, but her mother said "no, no honey", and reached for her card. (I thought it was funny)
  • Like 9
That asexual guy

Ok, not quite working via my iPhone. Guess I'll do it properly when I get home. Supposed to get to Pearson at 4am but started early and Refreshnow I'm camping out at Pearson.

It's showing up on my iPhone. Nice video

That look fun :) Wish I can be there next time.

Other WorldPride Photos

photo3_zpse574e0ea.jpg

photo51_zps8a54fcae.jpg

photo4_zpsb2b86e14.jpg

PIC_0113_zpsbfe08d9a.jpg

PIC_0117_zps4e1ff2d1.jpg

• Like 6

Other WorldPride Photos

The first 3 show up as "moved or deleted" for me. Can others see them?

Other WorldPride Photos

The first 3 show up as "moved or deleted" for me. Can others see them?

They look too big too me as I re-sized them. Let me post the links again just in case.

Try now.

(me stealing other people's photos and posting them because I was too busy with other things for taking photos)

cmhK7UXl.jpg

muCd3Okl.jpg

rHAyixWm.jpg

(David has a better quality photo on his phone, I'm just waiting to get it)

V9ZN90wl.jpg

GCEeTyml.jpg

• Like 8
littlepersonparadox

In the last photo the poster above me put the one with the bright light effectively whitening out my face is ME! Also with the ACe tronto gorup photo marching i reconise a lot of the people in the group. So happy i went also if anyone has video of the asexual leadership session can someone send me a link and or let me know where and when its posted? I wanted to see that one but i really wanted to go to another session that was a happening at the same time.

Cool pictures! Thanks for posting :)

catsaregood

Awesome pics, it looks like you all had a great time! Thanks for posting :) :cake::cake::cake:

In the last photo the poster above me put the one with the bright light effectively whitening out my face is ME! Also with the ACe tronto gorup photo marching i reconise a lot of the people in the group. So happy i went also if anyone has video of the asexual leadership session can someone send me a link and or let me know where and when its posted? I wanted to see that one but i really wanted to go to another session that was a happening at the same time.

I have the videos and will be working to upload them in the next few days. They are large files so it will take time to process them.

• Like 2

Some will only know those people in the pictures if they have actually met them

is it possible for those in the pictures to tell others of their aven names? this might allow a better connection between those that went and those who did not...just an idea?

I show up in a couple of the group ones of the parade, but with the larger groups it might be harder to pick someone out across a crowd. I know for myself it would be hard to describe where I am in the pictures that are already up unless you know who I am to look for me already. I was one of the two people carrying the large Asexuality flag though...so in theory I could continue to pop up as photos come in.

(Too bad it was freakishly hot out. I was starting to have issues with the heat early on and that just continued to get worse through the parade route.)

So are you the one with the undercut and red hair?

It was wonderful to meet you all! (I'm Jess, from Boston! You can see me in the last picture, holding the banner between the words "Asexual" and "Visibility.") I had SO much fun in Toronto and I definitely want to hang around the forums more often now. :)

See you all in Madrid in 2017! ;)

tumblr_n82bovLzd81qapxk1o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_n82bovLzd81qapxk1o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n82bovLzd81qapxk1o7_1280.jpg

tumblr_n82bovLzd81qapxk1o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_n82bovLzd81qapxk1o5_1280.jpg

tumblr_n82bovLzd81qapxk1o8_1280.jpg

tumblr_n82bovLzd81qapxk1o9_1280.jpg

tumblr_n82bovLzd81qapxk1o3_1280.jpg

• Like 11
FOXracingfan

Looks like everyone had an awesome time! Great pictures :D

Swankivy recently posted the Visibility and Content Creation session featuring Amy de Vos (amygdala), Brian Langevin, and Ivy herself.

• Like 1

tumblr_n82bovLzd81qapxk1o8_1280.jpg

Love the 'how bout we just cuddle' sign in this pic :)
  • Like 2

See you all in Madrid in 2017! ;)

I second that! Ooo, I'll be 40 then :unsure:. I will also be interested to piggyback a backpacking trip around Europe. Time to save up!

Swankivy recently posted the Visibility and Content Creation session featuring Amy de Vos (amygdala), Brian Langevin, and Ivy herself.

Oh gosh. I'm so embarassing. haha.

Trava u doma

I'm glad to see I only appear in two of the photos, and in none of them properly :P

Those below are the ones I took of the march... Let me know if you want any of them removed!

Waiting for the parade to start...

pUFgtsg.jpg

v8mR2XV.jpg

Gvzgs6z.jpg

Ns6Or3w.jpg

P2mMFe0.jpg

GZMwZfH.jpg

7L0RTz6.jpg

5ZXjGLY.jpg

I1MM07R.jpg

HdNyEPS.jpg

9iSoBHz.jpg

nwFGrem.jpg

And, in case anyone's interested, this is me during the conference (on the right):

QVUEUAx.jpg

• Like 6

A couple pics:

Me doing my book table at the conference (and trying to squeeze in a mini-meal):

bookdrawing.jpg

Me with Cole and Sara Beth:

coleivysarabeth.jpg

Tea and Cake:

teaandcake.jpg

And some videos:

Asexual Leadership Q&A:

Visibility and Content Creation:

The drawing for the giveaway I did for my book:

And as mentioned elsewhere I was on CTV talking about the conference for like 3 minutes:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=389781

• Like 6
littlepersonparadox

So are you the one with the undercut and red hair?

Yep I dyed part of my hair red and It been awhile since my last trim. Though this is the only photo I think you'll see me in since I was unable to go ahead and do any marching because of time and physical constraints. Unless someone snags one of me while I was at the conference in the background or something.
v8mR2XV.jpg

hahaha YES I'm so glad this picture exists. (Many apologies to whoever's face I'm blocking there!)

I'm also totally snagging that picture of the back of my head. Asexual and proud!

• Like 3