THANK YOU.

I know that it's technically not over yet, because there's still the parade today but I really wanted to thank the organisers for all the work they did, putting this conference on. I have never felt so comfortable talking about this with people ever, and as someone who isn't 'out' yet, it really helped me to feel like this is a real thing, these are real people who feel similarly to me, and... Well. It was good.

I'm very grateful for the first open session, which was 'Am I Asexual?' I would really recommend having that, but maybe also either amending it to include 'I'm asexual and I don't know anybody here, help!' or creating another session for that. I had a much better time at the conference because I met a bunch of people in the group, and we all connected. It was really nice to have people to chat with, and it was super lucky for me that a bunch are local so I'll have some people to hang out with in the area.

I will be watching the parade, and I will cheer for everyone in it. Maybe next year, I'll march. But for this year, the safe space of the convention was enough for me.

Thank you! I look forward to watching the panels I missed online!

Oh! And one more thing. Perhaps next time, it would be appropriate to have a little bag check area somewhere. I saw a few people who came straight to the conference, and had to drag their luggage around.

• Like 2

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

I wasn't one of the organizers but was a volunteer for the Ace Toronto Group (I was the one at the Ace T.O table selling the T-Shirts every break) and while I cannot speak for everyone, it was our pleasure to have you attend! I personally am still star struck that I met David Jay! I'm trying to get a copy of the purple-rose-paparazzi-photo that was snagged!

All in all, it was a successful event. Many people found insight and comfort and I personally had the time of my life. It wasn't a competition or an awkward situation, just a day of discussion with like minded people and I really enjoyed that!

I wasn't fortunate enough to attend many panels the entire time so whenever they become available online I look forward to it!

As for future suggestions, I'm not too sure when the next international Ace conference will be. All I know is that we learned a lot and will take all the suggestions we can! We actually had an overflow of people (I remember rushing around to get blank name tags as we ran out!) a bag check/ storage area sounds like a great idea. I think we should begin a thread with suggestions for future conferences/ events!

Thanks you very much for attending! It was a blast

Thank you for coming. The next Worldpride will be in Madrid, Spain in 2017. Though there will likely be another event in Toronto next year. As for a coat check, we did consider it, it just would have needed someone to look after the space. We didn't want to deprive people of the conference experience by having them miss out on sessions to look after other people's stuff.

As for a coat check, we did consider it, it just would have needed someone to look after the space. We didn't want to deprive people of the conference experience by having them miss out on sessions to look after other people's stuff.

That was actually what happened with the registration desk. There were a few people taking turns to watch the registration desk when the conference was happening due to a variety of reasons - one of them being having to register latecomers and members of the public who strolled on in just to briefly see the International Asexuality Conference.

Hi inkpen, I'm glad you enjoyed the conference!

We will be looking at a baggage/coat check for next year's Toronto conference, so that this will not be an issue in the future.

• Like 2
Trava u doma

Thank you to everyone who came to the Worldpride. For several reasons combined I had the time of a lifetime... I'm leaving Toronto in a few hours and am incredibly sad (the reason I'm on AVEN instead of enjoying the city is the heat -_- ).

I hope I will see you guys again :')

littlepersonparadox

It was really well done. I got to meet up with other ace's some that i met last week, others new and never talked before! Also some people there who didn't know much about asexuality asked me a few questions and they told me the extra explanations i gave them helped and made sense. The panles were well done, and i heard a lot of good things, and good strong communication between everyone there. It was a joy to go to.

• 2 weeks later...

I know that it's technically not over yet, because there's still the parade today but I really wanted to thank the organisers for all the work they did, putting this conference on. I have never felt so comfortable talking about this with people ever, and as someone who isn't 'out' yet, it really helped me to feel like this is a real thing, these are real people who feel similarly to me, and... Well. It was good.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, inkpen! I did too! Sorry it took me so long to respond; life has been busy, busy, busy! :blink: It was really great to sit and talk with you at the Pickle Barrel, so thanks for the awesome memories! :cake::cake::cake::cake::cake:

I actually didn't even get to see much of the WorldPride Streetfair since my boyfriend and I went around doing the typical touristy things that we figured we might be sad if we'd missed them: the aquarium, Toronto Zoo, and of course the Hockey Hall of Fame! It was a pretty amazing vacation that had us pretty wiped out when we got home! Thanks to all the AVENites who made an appearance; it's definitely an experience I'll never forget!

• 8 years later...

(Below is an official, green, mod message.)

Hi, everyone. This event has finished.

So, it's being locked.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator