• Announcements

• Kelly

AVENues Holiday Special Edition is now live   08/17/17

The new edition of AVENues is done!   See:        
    • Lady Girl

Ace Community Census   11/06/17

It’s time for the 2017 Ace Community Census!   see:   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/162675-announcing-the-2017-ace-community-census/  
    • Heart

Help fund AVEN's servers!   11/06/17

AVEN is doing its annual fundraiser to raise donations for server costs! See http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/163251-aven-server-fundraiser/ for more details.  
confused&lost

You know you are aromantic if/when...

StormySky
On 11/6/2017 at 10:52 AM, fuzzipueo said:

This drives me nuts really. There is so much more and better fanfic that could be written and everyone is obsessing over who can be paired up with whom - none of which makes any real sense. Give me more crossovers and creative use of the canon and I might actually start reading more fanfic, until then, I'm sticking to original freebies.

My ex best friend and I talking:

"If you're gonna do some fan stuff, why not focus on a sweet storyline more than characters kissing?"

"But it's HAWT"

Hermit Advocate
1 hour ago, StormySky said:

"But it's HAWT"

You know what else is hot? Hot chocolate. It's much more satisfying than any make out session. 

bonny
13 hours ago, Hey you in the corner said:

You know what else is hot? Hot chocolate. It's much more satisfying than any make out session. 

Oooh, lovely! Reminds me I have a new jar waiting to be opened. :) 

hot-chocolate-25128ae724178dd1.jpg

Florenna
On 11/11/2017 at 10:32 PM, StormySky said:

My ex best friend and I talking:

"If you're gonna do some fan stuff, why not focus on a sweet storyline more than characters kissing?"

"But it's HAWT"

What's the deal with spelling hot like that..?  (Sorry, non-native English speaker here, if that makes any difference...) 

Robin Mok
4 hours ago, Florenna said:

What's the deal with spelling hot like that..?  (Sorry, non-native English speaker here, if that makes any difference...) 

Non-native English speaker +1 here! 

I guess HAWT is an exaggerated pronunciation of hot, or a kind of accent. 

prib23

You know you're aromantic if Netflix and chill means just that. It means stay at home and have sex in other tongues.

The Hawt thing. It's just a sexualinaction of the word hot. It's a southern dialect applied to make it sound sexy. I am a southerner myself, but we didn't invent sex. Don't understand the hawt myself.

Robin Mok
12 minutes ago, prib23 said:

You know you're aromantic if Netflix and chill means just that. It means stay at home and have sex in other tongues.

The Hawt thing. It's just a sexualinaction of the word hot. It's a southern dialect applied to make it sound sex. I am a southerner myself, but we didn't invent sex. Don't understand the hawt myself.

"Archie got HAWT!" 

I heard it in Riverdale from Kevin Keller. 

Thanks for the explanation. I lived in the south for one year when I was 15 but didn't notice except for "Y'all"... 

Florenna

Ok, thanks for the HAWT spelling explanations ;)  Not a spelling I'd ever use, and now I got this southern US pronunciation playing in my head, eurgh... :D

StormySky
5 hours ago, Florenna said:

Accented spelling to put more emphasis on the word and it's meanings. Sory if it confuses people.

Florenna

No worries StormySky ;) I was also wondering if there's a specific reason for the spelling, a story behind it or something; but now I see it's just an emphasis thing.

Iced Milk Boy

Everyone saying Romeo and Juliet is a love story. Nope! It's a tragedy bout a family feud and war and suicide! Yaaaay.... 

waddiwasi
On 13.11.2017 at 2:21 PM, prib23 said:

I'm still embarrassed how long it took me to figure that out :'D

Hermit Advocate
On 11/13/2017 at 3:59 PM, Iced Milk Boy said:

Everyone saying Romeo and Juliet is a love story. Nope! It's a tragedy bout a family feud and war and suicide! Yaaaay.... 

People also like to over look the fact that they were 13 and 17 and that they knew each other for only 3 days. 

Hermit Advocate

NoLongerHuman

1. When you care more about acquiring a relationship due to societal pressures and insecurity than actually being in a relationship.

2. When your boyfriend tries to cuddle with you and all you can think is, "This is really uncomfortable."

3. When the thought of kissing aforementioned boyfriend makes you want to run away screaming like a four-year-old.

4. When you are relieved that the boyfriend has broken up with you because it feels like a huge burden has been lifted off your shoulders.

5. When four years have passed since then and every one of your classmates is getting married/pregnant/together and you're still sitting in the corner like Charlie Weasley going, "But guys, dragons!"

Hermit Advocate
On 11/17/2017 at 10:02 PM, NoLongerHuman said:

5. When four years have passed since then and every one of your classmates is getting married/pregnant/together and you're still sitting in the corner like Charlie Weasley going, "But guys, dragons!"

I'm going to be in a wedding and the entire time I'm going to be waiting for the Death Eaters to crash the party do I can leave. 

Iced Milk Boy

Whenever I watch a hallmark Christmas movie (my mom watches them a lot) I always groan cause it's the same formula!

girl goes for a guy.

possibly has a boyfriend who sucks.

girl falls for boy.

christmas magic/cheer brings the couple together.

boyfriend is dumped by girl and girl goes for new guy.

merry freaking Christmas! XD 

i don't know why I just don't like these movies all that much. 

Hermit Advocate
6 hours ago, Iced Milk Boy said:

Whenever I watch a hallmark Christmas movie (my mom watches them a lot) I always groan cause it's the same formula!

girl goes for a guy.

girl falls for boy.

The sad part is how accurate this formula really is. Just another reason not to watch hallmark movies. 

NoLongerHuman
10 hours ago, Iced Milk Boy said:

girl goes for a guy.

girl falls for boy.

i don't know why I just don't like these movies all that much. 

My mother watches them a lot, too, and it's so annoying! The plots are generic and cliche and the acting is awful. I'm constantly making fun of them, though sometimes I feel bad because she loves them a lot and it hurts her feelings. :(