You know you are aromantic if/when...

confused&lost

Hermit Advocate
1 hour ago, StormySky said:

"But it's HAWT"

You know what else is hot? Hot chocolate. It's much more satisfying than any make out session. 

13 hours ago, Hey you in the corner said:

You know what else is hot? Hot chocolate. It's much more satisfying than any make out session. 

Oooh, lovely! Reminds me I have a new jar waiting to be opened. :) 

hot-chocolate-25128ae724178dd1.jpg

On 11/11/2017 at 10:32 PM, StormySky said:

My ex best friend and I talking:

"If you're gonna do some fan stuff, why not focus on a sweet storyline more than characters kissing?"

"But it's HAWT"

What's the deal with spelling hot like that..?  (Sorry, non-native English speaker here, if that makes any difference...) 

4 hours ago, Florenna said:

What's the deal with spelling hot like that..?  (Sorry, non-native English speaker here, if that makes any difference...) 

Non-native English speaker +1 here! 

I guess HAWT is an exaggerated pronunciation of hot, or a kind of accent. 

straightouttamordor

You know you're aromantic if Netflix and chill means just that. It means stay at home and have sex in other tongues.

The Hawt thing. It's just a sexualinaction of the word hot. It's a southern dialect applied to make it sound sexy. I am a southerner myself, but we didn't invent sex. Don't understand the hawt myself.

12 minutes ago, prib23 said:

You know you're aromantic if Netflix and chill means just that. It means stay at home and have sex in other tongues.

The Hawt thing. It's just a sexualinaction of the word hot. It's a southern dialect applied to make it sound sex. I am a southerner myself, but we didn't invent sex. Don't understand the hawt myself.

"Archie got HAWT!" 

I heard it in Riverdale from Kevin Keller. 

Thanks for the explanation. I lived in the south for one year when I was 15 but didn't notice except for "Y'all"... 

Ok, thanks for the HAWT spelling explanations ;)  Not a spelling I'd ever use, and now I got this southern US pronunciation playing in my head, eurgh... :D

5 hours ago, Florenna said:

Accented spelling to put more emphasis on the word and it's meanings. Sory if it confuses people.

No worries StormySky ;) I was also wondering if there's a specific reason for the spelling, a story behind it or something; but now I see it's just an emphasis thing.

Everyone saying Romeo and Juliet is a love story. Nope! It's a tragedy bout a family feud and war and suicide! Yaaaay.... 

On 13.11.2017 at 2:21 PM, prib23 said:

I'm still embarrassed how long it took me to figure that out :'D

Hermit Advocate
On 11/13/2017 at 3:59 PM, Iced Milk Boy said:

Everyone saying Romeo and Juliet is a love story. Nope! It's a tragedy bout a family feud and war and suicide! Yaaaay.... 

People also like to over look the fact that they were 13 and 17 and that they knew each other for only 3 days. 

1. When you care more about acquiring a relationship due to societal pressures and insecurity than actually being in a relationship.

2. When your boyfriend tries to cuddle with you and all you can think is, "This is really uncomfortable."

3. When the thought of kissing aforementioned boyfriend makes you want to run away screaming like a four-year-old.

4. When you are relieved that the boyfriend has broken up with you because it feels like a huge burden has been lifted off your shoulders.

5. When four years have passed since then and every one of your classmates is getting married/pregnant/together and you're still sitting in the corner like Charlie Weasley going, "But guys, dragons!"

Hermit Advocate
On 11/17/2017 at 10:02 PM, NoLongerHuman said:

5. When four years have passed since then and every one of your classmates is getting married/pregnant/together and you're still sitting in the corner like Charlie Weasley going, "But guys, dragons!"

I'm going to be in a wedding and the entire time I'm going to be waiting for the Death Eaters to crash the party do I can leave. 

Whenever I watch a hallmark Christmas movie (my mom watches them a lot) I always groan cause it's the same formula!

girl goes for a guy.

possibly has a boyfriend who sucks.

girl falls for boy.

christmas magic/cheer brings the couple together.

boyfriend is dumped by girl and girl goes for new guy.

merry freaking Christmas! XD 

i don't know why I just don't like these movies all that much. 

Hermit Advocate
6 hours ago, Iced Milk Boy said:

Whenever I watch a hallmark Christmas movie (my mom watches them a lot) I always groan cause it's the same formula!

girl goes for a guy.

girl falls for boy.

The sad part is how accurate this formula really is. Just another reason not to watch hallmark movies. 

10 hours ago, Iced Milk Boy said:

girl goes for a guy.

girl falls for boy.

i don't know why I just don't like these movies all that much. 

My mother watches them a lot, too, and it's so annoying! The plots are generic and cliche and the acting is awful. I'm constantly making fun of them, though sometimes I feel bad because she loves them a lot and it hurts her feelings. :(

• 1 month later...

My cuddle buddy got a girlfriend! Good for them! But now we can't cuddle anymore. CB's girlfriend thinks it looks too much like we're "together" to herself and other people when we hold hands or lean on each other or look at each other in a vaguely sappy way. I (kinda?) get why she's upset, and she's my friend so I'm not just going to ignore her input, but it still hurts that something CB and I have been doing for months now has to stop. It's completely platonic affection, I don't understand why she's acting like CB was cheating on her.

*sigh* Sorry for venting.

I know I'm aromantic when I somehow give off romantic vibes without realizing it! Yay.

17 hours ago, MackerelGray said:

My cuddle buddy got a girlfriend! Good for them! But now we can't cuddle anymore. CB's girlfriend thinks it looks too much like we're "together" to herself and other people when we hold hands or lean on each other or look at each other in a vaguely sappy way. I (kinda?) get why she's upset, and she's my friend so I'm not just going to ignore her input, but it still hurts that something CB and I have been doing for months now has to stop. It's completely platonic affection, I don't understand why she's acting like CB was cheating on her.

*sigh* Sorry for venting.

Aw, please don't be sorry for venting about that, it sounds really sad. :( I've never found a cuddle buddy, but if I did I would be worried about just that kind of situation. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jetsun Milarepa

You know you're aromantic when you don't take kindly to the 'made you look' game played when some kind of relationship is required of you!

I still don't understand why Eoeyn and Faramir had to be in relationship in Lord of the Ring. Well, they can form a pretty cool alliance at the battle fields...and that's cool enough for aro ace.

Couple: *kisses in front of me*

Me: *gags*

48 minutes ago, Gareki said:

Couple: *kisses in front of me*

Me: *gags*

I may have related this elsewhere, but, one day I was driving into work and there was a couple standing out on the street corner just going at it, full tongue action and all. Now that's not something you see everyday ... Blergh.

22 hours ago, fuzzipueo said:

I may have related this elsewhere, but, one day I was driving into work and there was a couple standing out on the street corner just going at it, full tongue action and all. Now that's not something you see everyday ... Blergh.

Eeeew I don't get why anybody would want to do that.

On 1/11/2018 at 12:51 PM, Fuzzie said:
On 1/10/2018 at 2:40 PM, fuzzipueo said:

Eeeew I don't get why anybody would want to do that.

To make this story even better, I've seen this pair several times since, and I think they are most definitely romantically in love from head to toe. While I can live without the kissing demonstration, they're actually kinda cute to watch ... LOL

8 hours ago, fuzzipueo said:

To make this story even better, I've seen this pair several times since, and I think they are most definitely romantically in love from head to toe. While I can live without the kissing demonstration, they're actually kinda cute to watch ... LOL

I don't mind affection in fiction sometimes, but I can't stand to see it in real life. It doesn't matter how in love they are.

On 12/01/2018 at 8:54 PM, fuzzipueo said:

Haha I can imagine what you're thinking when you look at them "You're gross ! But you're cute so never mind".

2 minutes ago, Fuzzie said:

Haha I can imagine what you're thinking when you look at them "You're gross ! But you're cute so never mind".

Honestly, I was hoping there wouldn't be a repeat of the show. LOL.

Archived