where is everyone?!

Hey everyone! I am now in Toronto, and will be attending what pride events I can find for the remainder of the afternoon. But, what I would *really* like is to be able to put a name with a face for some of the AVENites that are already here.

I know that a lot of us aren't here yet, but for those of us that are, are there any events or anything for those of us that are that I don't know about? How is everyone getting in touch before the conference for those that want to meet others on AVEN? I'll check the meetups threads also, but I'm thinking I might not be the only one looking for a way to streamline meeting some of you before the conference... Even if it is something as simple as someone who knows where they are going to be making it known to those here and interested.

Hope to see some of you soon!

Trava u doma

I'm in Toronto; just arrived. I'm off to Trans* march tomorrow and that's it. I hope I'll meet people there :')

I just got in, too. I also plan to be at the Trans March.

I look forward to meeting everyone. I will be at the asexuality conference and in the main parade.

Feral_Sophisticate

I'm at work in Mississauga (near the airport). My Pride presence this year (my first) will be limited, but focussed. My girl and I are going to be in the parade, but we committed to being in the parade prior to our hearing about AVEN, or the local asexual group being present.

We'll be part of a BDSM scene/demo that's happening as part of the parade, however.

blitheslife

I'm driving in tomorrow morning. Looking forward to meeting everyone at the conference on Saturday!

I'm going to the free plenary session from 4-6 at the World Pride Human Rights Conference. If you want to go to it you just have to go to the human rights conference registration desk and ask for a ticket so long as there are still seats available. Today I believe they are discussing LGBTQ rights in Russia and building a global trans rights movement.

I'll probably be headed there as well, and may be catching up with someone else from here before. If we settle on a meeting place, I'll post it here as well.

Does anyone know if any plans for tonight (friday) have been made?

I am in Toronto. I will be there tomorrow. DO not know of any plan for tonight ( Friday) ....but would like to know if anything is going on. I am not following any other meet ups or forums.

• 8 years later...

(Below is an official, green, mod message.)

Hi, everyone. This event has finished.

So, it's being locked.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator