Masturbation... Thoughts? Trials or Tribulations?

Roxas13

My masturbation history is pretty standard and straight forward. I've been doing it ever since I was a child (well, back then I discovered it accidentally and had no clue as to what I was doing, then it was kind of like picking one's nose - it just felt good and gave relief, but like nose picking I had to learn that you must do it only in private), on and off thru out my life. The urge for me has come and gone (it was mostly absent when I worked 10 or 12 hour days, and also when I was on the pill or SSRIs, which both killed my libido), but when it is there things are pretty matter of fact.

Basically for me masturbating is like starting up and running a very reliable and well built piece of machinery - it starts and runs flawlessly almost every time, and I am always able to make it to the "top of the hill" without having the "engine" cut off on me (I feel bad for people who have trouble with their "O"s, since that problem is foreign to me, the only issue I sometimes have is if I get to the top of the hill too fast and I don't get to enjoy the ride). The only other problem I have sometimes is that the sandman keeps interrupting me and then I don't finish - in other words, I fall asleep! This has been happening a lot of late and I don't like it, especially since my libido has come back like Godzilla rising up out of the sea since my dr. took me off the pill.

wolfe_spencer

I still don't understand what an orgasm is but I have masterbated because biology tells me too. Personally I find it quite pleasurable.

It definitely helps those biological urges since I have no interest in sex with a partner.

I haven't done it in months though since I've been back home. I feel weird doing it under my parents roof.

I also acciddntally discovered masturbation. I was in 4th grade I think, and have been doing it ever since. Once I could grasp the concept of what I was doing I felt dirty and like I was doing something very wrong, but as I generally did it prior to sleep I kept on with it since it helps me sleep. A bedtime ritual if you will. These days it's not always a nightly thing, and is definitely a sleep aid and not a sexual thing.

I used to enjoy masturbation and engage in it frequently, but nowadays I no longer feel the urge and when I do masturbate, the pleasure isn't as intense as I remember it.

The funny thing is, this lack of interest/sensation occurred only after I quit SSRIs. Can they have like, permanent side effects?

MoraDollie

I'm repulsed by it, always have been. Don't know why I am, just am. In general I just find genitalia repulsive.

Sometimes I do it because I am bored and just really want to watch videos of squirty girls.....lol!

Although having no pleasure sensation from it sucks and it is always awkward feeling when I am done.....

boxed toast

Yeah, I'm not actually comfortable with what I said.

whiteblankpage

When I really have to pee, like, I NEED TO PEE BUT I CAN'T PEE BECAUSE THEIR IS NO TOILET feeling, I guess I "squeeze my legs together" and it makes me forget that I need to pee so bad. I have never associated it with sex, and I actually didn't think it was really a form of masturbation until recently. I just thought I had discovered a nice trick to hold my bladder...

I never feel the need to do it out of the blue, only when I NEED to pee. I use it as a tool, i suppose? I'm still trying to figure it out myself! :unsure:

Crealityisabeast

I think like a few folks on here, I sometimes masturbate when I feel like my body is saying that wants to. Other times, really not that often, its like 'eh, why not? I have time.'

so basically, I'm not the biggest fan of it, but still some times do it.

Member74140

I refused to do it until I was 17. I really found it disgusting to me and thought it wasn't me at all. I guess I had a high libido and it eventually did happen. Although it seemed to make me worse for a while because I didn't come out as an Asexual yet. I thought "Oh, now I'm normal, I'm not some whiny prude who doesn't like sex. I finally grew up". After I did come out I finally felt better about it and saw it as something that's only unique to my asexuality, that I don't need to be worried and upset that I'll never be normal if I don't have sex.

I like masturbation in that it's me and only me doing it and I can reach an orgasm quite quickly. I usually masturbate out of boredom, but I can be turned on by pictures of people. I find the naked body attractive when it isn't sexual. Sometimes I can even be turned on by sexual intercourse and even so that I try to engage in it myself, but I've come to realize that I'm turned on by the thought of sexual intercourse and not the actual action itself.

move-the-stars-for-no-one

For me masturbation is just to relax the rest of my body. It feels good, but I don't have to do it often. If I"m in a comfortable place I'll do it maybe once or twice a month (unless I'm super stressed and trying to keep myself calm then I might do it more). But like even when I'm masturbating there's noting sexual about it. Like it's just for me and myself. Last time I was thinking of time travel and paradoxes. It's more time to take care of myself and and any biological needs that I have as gray-a.

I only masturbate when I get aroused and it's too annoying to handle any longer. I've never orgasmed, although it does feel good.

I get pretty much the exact same satisfaction from masturbation as from say, eating a piece of cake that I wanted or scratching an itch that's been bothering me. For me, it's quite mechanical and quick and I find it quite pleasant but don't miss it at all if I don't do it for months. I do find it good as a quick de-stress method though, if I'm feeling too bodily tense and don't have the time for a long shower or a hot bath.

Exchange Between Me and Housemate, 2AM, After Two Amaretto Sours:

Housie: You should try masturbating while you're tipsy.

Me: I'm not horny.

Housie: Think about something that makes you horny.

Me: I don't want to put in the effort.

Housie: You make it sound like work.

Me: It is.

• 1 month later...

me. i love to masturbate, i find it very pleasurable and relaxing. i have a high sex drive and i masturbate quite frequently, i am on zoloft. if iam feeling down i have little desire to do it. i also do not engage in partnered sex, as masturbating is what i prefer

Archived