• Gray-A/Demiaesthetic
    • Biaesthetic
    • Panaesthetic
    • Heteroaesthetic
    • Homoaesthetic
    • Other~
    • Unsure/Unknown

This poll is closed to new votes

Interesting poll. I put gray-sexual, gray-romantic (I'm fluid, I think), demi-sensual (I'd never thought about it before so that was interesting), and pan-aesthetic.

Asexual, aromantic and voted "other" on the sensual and aesthetic orientations although "none" would have been more precise. I don't see them as orientations at all since they are just based on visual and sensory input that may or may not be pleasurable. It has absolutely nothing to do with the person's gender (for me at least) and imho doesn't even compare to romantic and sexual orientations. I understand that for some people these things are important for their identity (I see more and more AVENites with "-sensual" in their label) but to me this makes absolutely no sense. Some people look better than others and if I like you I'm okay with giving you hugs, that's the whole of it.

I answered pan sensual while sensual attraction is triggered by friendship, I think demi sensual could qualify too.

I couldn't find straight so I didn't vote

...But "heteroromantic" is right there. So is "heterosexual", but from your listing as "Straight Asexual" I assume that doesn't apply anyway. Claiming that "straight" isn't an option is just being unnecessarily pedantic. "Straight" is a slang term. Do you see "gay" or "ace" there either?

straight is not slang...it existed long before you were born I can assure you...the pedants would be replacing straight and not the other way around.

"Heterosexual" was coined earlier.

Heterosexual (adj.): "1892, in C.G. Craddock's translation of Krafft-Ebbing's 'Psychopathia Sexualis,' a hybrid; see hetero- + sexual. The noun is recorded from 1920, but not in common use until 1960s. Colloquial shortening hetero is attested from 1933."

Straight (adj. 2): "'Conventional,' especially 'heterosexual,' 1941, a secondary sense evolved from 'straight' (adj.1), probably suggested by straight and narrow path 'course of conventional morality and law-abiding behavior,' which is based on a misreading of Matt. vii:14 (where the gate is actually strait), and the other influence seems to be from strait-laced."

Oh dear, two orientation categories I've put zero thought into. Let the research commence o.o

Though I'm an aromantic asexual, I put pan for the 4th question because I can appreciate beauty (conventional or not) in any and all genders ^_^

I couldn't find straight so I didn't vote

...But "heteroromantic" is right there. So is "heterosexual", but from your listing as "Straight Asexual" I assume that doesn't apply anyway. Claiming that "straight" isn't an option is just being unnecessarily pedantic. "Straight" is a slang term. Do you see "gay" or "ace" there either?

Well, one could say that one is straight if one is attracted to the opposite bio-sex/gender. It does not have to be romantic or sexual. It can be simple as "Oh, that person got a fine look!". As someone who is a hetero-autochorrisexual, I consider myself straight because I like the form of a curvaceous female body, but that does not imply that I want to sleep with one or date one.

• 2 weeks later...

Asexual
Other (sapioromantic)
Other (sapiosensual)
Panaesthetic

Asexual, unknown for romantic (because I basically have like no idea!), asensual and panaesthetic. I think this poll is really interesting actually. I haven't thought about sensual and aesthetic attraction much before.

Quintus Crinis

asexual.
biromantic.
heterosensual. (no I don't get why this isn't "bi-" or "a-", like the rest but for some reason sensual attraction does occur towards women for me, but not towards men).
biaesthetic.

Asexual

Demiromantic (normally I would choose panromantic, but this poll separates all types of attraction, so I thought demi would describe me better)

Pansensual

Panaesthetic

Grey-asexual

Panromantic

Pansensual (or demi-pansensual? I haven't put much thought into it)

Panaesthetic

Funny; I only recently realized I'm panromantic, but I've always known I'm pansensual and panaesthetic - I mean, I know they don't always all match up, but really, I should have clued in earlier!

• 1 month later...

I voted on this a while ago, but to specify now (cause I felt like it lol):

asexual

other (lithromantic) & gray-romantic

asensual (though maybe demi)

pan-aesthetic. : )

Unsure about sexual orientation, probably Ace or Grey-A/Demi

Heteroromantic, used to think I was aro but I've recently changed my mind

I picked Bi-sensual but haven't really put a lot of thought into the sensual stuff sooooo I'm merely guessing
Pan and Biaesthetic
I just go with WTFsexual....
Hunter of Artemis

Asexual | Heteroromantic | Bisensual | Biaesthetic (probably should be panaesthetic actually)

Asexual, aromantic, asensual (please, do not touch me), hetero-aesthetic. Only have thought women were pretty. Also, girly looking men (sorry if that is offensive, I am not sure what the proper term is, let me know, and I will edit) I sometimes find pretty too.

Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Romantic Orientation: Hetero-demiromantic
Sensual Orientation: demisensual
Aesthetic Orientation: Panaesthetic

Lot's of demi. I'd add demi for aesthetic orientation too except...does that even exist? demiaesthetic? :P

Lady Valacri

What is sensual orientation? I understand sexuality, romantic orientation, and aesthetic orientation but I was un aware of that one.

Hmm... looking at the results, there are a lot of asexual people on here [laughs frantically]

What is sensual orientation? I understand sexuality, romantic orientation, and aesthetic orientation but I was un aware of that one.

Sensual orientation is based on your desire for touch. Like kissing, cuddling, hugging, massaging, etc. And it's separate from sexual and romantic attraction, so you may be able to feel sensual attraction for someone that is separate from anything romantic or sexual. I'm sure others can explain it a bit more so keep checking around. : )

I'd rather be in band.

Asexual, grey-romantic, asensual, and aaesthetic. I really don't use the other two labels at all, though. I don't really see it as something that is important for my friends to know.

Archived