How fast can your adjusted typing speed go? Test your might!

R_1

Summary of AVENites' typing speed  

1. 1. What is your adjusted typing speed?

• 1-7 WPM
    • 8-14 WPM
    • 15-21 WPM
    • 22-28 WPM
    • 29-35 WPM
    • 36-42 WPM
    • 43-49 WPM
    • 50-56 WPM
    • 57-63 WPM
    • 64-70 WPM
    • 71-77 WPM
    • 78-84 WPM
    • 85-91 WPM
    • 91-98 WPM
    • 99-105 WPM
    • 105-112 WPM
    • 113-119 WPM
    • 119+ WPM

This poll is closed to new votes

50-56. I've never learned to type through a method and I always type slowly anyway, to think more clearly, so the fact that I can type relatively quickly is nice.

80 words per minute, I'm quite proud of myself, haha. All the time I spend talking online finally paid off \(^ o ^)/

50-56. Got 54 the first time I took it, 56 the second time. This is interesting. I should try on my desktop, where I can type properly rather than the weird way I do it on the laptop.

ObsessedWithCats

55. I'm not used to typing as I read so much as typing as I think, but it'd be hard for them to implement a test like that.

5_♦♣

36-42. 40, but there was one error and as such was adjusted to 39.

86, but got corrected to 85 because my finger slipped and hit the period twice on accident.

55 WPM in Spanish, which is my mother-tongue.

I type slower in English: 45 WPM.

117 WPM on the first test, 115 WPM on the second. It is like playing the piano, so much easier to do if you don't think very hard about it.

60, and i made a lot of mistakes, too. (71 got adjusted down to 60!)

117 WPM on the first test, 115 WPM on the second. It is like playing the piano, so much easier to do if you don't think very hard about it.

When I saw the result in the poll, I was going to call bullshit - but for a writer-pianist, I'll let it slide.

I wouldn't have a clue...I've always presumed I'm very slow. So, I believe it's what you type; not how fast you type!

[That took 1/2 an hour...maybe!] C i a o

I got 87 on my first try on the warm-up exercise and didn't bother trying again. I could probably break 100 wpm if I tried harder.

I type primarily with my index fingers and right middle finger, using my left thumb on the space bar and my left ring finger on the shift key.

82, 3 errors. I didn't realize (actually I didn't think) that we were supposed to type what's on the test; I just typed the same sentence over again and thus made 0 the first time. :redface:

Usually when I do typing tests I get around 50 WPM or sometimes a little above 50 WPM if I'm trying really hard. I got 50 WPM when I took it just now. I think it's interesting that I'm able to do fairly well on typing tests, even though I never learned to type the "right" way. I basically just use three or four fingers (plus a thumb for the space bar) rather than two complete hands.

109 WPM, adjusted from 111 due to errors.

For me it comes like a second nature to type whilst reading without looking at the keyboard, since in high school I did a lot of typing written papers as extra credit from teachers and I am a computer addict.

Though, I probably would get an extra ten usually since I got false nails put on last week and they hinder me a slight bit. :P

I took the test twice and received 51 the first time and 64 the second. I have not learned the appropriate placement for typing. I voted the lower score.

UGH. I got 70 but had 3 mistakes, so 67. I'm doing it again! I've always taken pride in being the fastest typer in my school. x'D So this is annoying me. Will edit once I do it again.

UGH! 72 with no errors, and I picked a different thing to type. doing it again. Ffff this is making me go insane. x'D

Picked a hard and weird one, so got 67, with 6 errors, so 61. I'm gonna keep doing them till I get atleast 75. x'D Ohmylord

Fff. 68, 3 errors. 65.

I give up. cx Gonna go about my day now.

UGH. I got 70 but had 3 mistakes, so 67. I'm doing it again! I've always taken pride in being the fastest typer in my school. x'D So this is annoying me. Will edit once I do it again.

UGH! 72 with no errors, and I picked a different thing to type. doing it again. Ffff this is making me go insane. x'D

Picked a hard and weird one, so got 67, with 6 errors, so 61. I'm gonna keep doing them till I get atleast 75. x'D Ohmylord

Fff. 68, 3 errors. 65.

You just don't have the gift.

Fff. 68, 3 errors. 65.

You just don't have the gift.

Pfff. x'D I'm better than average. I'm only 14, but I have been gaming and typing since I was 8 though. x'D I can type withou looking, and pretty decent grammar too so.

binary suns

I would always type while looking at my keyboard so this whole not looking at the keyboard is a new thing

so like while I can type blindly now it's a little hard because my right hand hovers above the far right of the keyboard and my left hand is tilted to the side out of habit.

but I'm improving! four months ago I wouldn't have gotten much better than 45, but today I got nearly 60! :D

Manic Pixie Dream Nerd

72! Typing all my notes in school sure does pay off.

My mom got 46 when she did it. Hah! :D I'm faster than her now.

Wow, I just did it a few more times and I got slower every time I did it :blink:. So much for beating my record.

I'm laying on the couch with a smaller than average keyboard that I don't normally type quickly on... got 55 WPM, adjusted to 53 as I had two typos. I'll try this from my PC in a minute...

Sitting with a normal keyboard I tried a few times, best I got was 72>69. Ah well... I used to be around 40 before I spent a few weeks a year or two ago practicing how to type properly.

85 wpm with zero errors.

I'm pretty sure it would be faster if I wasn't stuck using this shitty desktop keyboard while my laptop is getting fixed. The keys require a lot more pressure and the space bar sticks like a motherfucker.

It's not scary fast, but it's fast enough that I've gotten a few comments about it. Especially when I'm talking to someone while typing (and making eye contact with them) and they wonder how I can possibly "type like that" without even looking.

85 wpm with zero errors.

I'm pretty sure it would be faster if I wasn't stuck using this shitty desktop keyboard while my laptop is getting fixed. The keys require a lot more pressure and the space bar sticks like a motherfucker.

It's not scary fast, but it's fast enough that I've gotten a few comments about it. Especially when I'm talking to someone while typing (and making eye contact with them) and they wonder how I can possibly "type like that" without even looking.

In school I used to stare at my friend while typeing really fast what I wanted to say to her. It scared the crap out of her. x'D I don't know why

38. Wow. I suck a lot more than I thought I did. To be fair, perhaps I should use my computer which I actually use for typing long assignments fast. On my iPad I'm never in a hurry. Plus one of my fingers isn't being accepted by the touchscreen which SUCKS when trying to do a test on typing.

Archived