Mx.Jekyll

Tattoos!  

1. 1. Do you have any tattoos?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you want any tattoos?

• Yes
    • No
    • I already have some, but I would like more.
    • I already have some, but I don't want more.

This poll is closed to new votes

Hello, everyone!

I was just curious as to how many of you share in the joy of tattoos/tattooing.

I, myself, only have two pieces at the moment.

One of them is "Breathe" on my left wrist. The other is a semicolon behind my left ear.

Maybe comment below what tattoos you have and the meaning behind them?

My two current pieces are part of a "trilogy," if that makes sense, and I am planning the final piece to be added very soon.

This is just the beginning as I plan to have many, MANY more.

Yay tattoos!

whencitiesfall

I have swallows on my chest as well as a small cross behind my left ear. Both are reminiscent of very important people that have passed away. I'm currently in the works of having three more pieces drawn. Though all of my tattoos will have a somber meaning behind them I think it's important to carry them with me.

I'm not old enough to get them yet (I don't think) and I wouldn't want ones I'd regret anyway, but I want full sleeves and possibly more :D

Lambda Corvus

I do not currently have any tattoos. I would, however, like to get at least one. I have a few ideas, but only one really good one for such a commitment.

a415dd2e-84b0-4835-8b28-79ee9d7fdf59_zps7406a101-4b22-42ba-8c83-34449da703fd_zps

Tibetan script for the word "Tao"

Tibetan script for "Patience, Compassion, Simplicity"

2093adfd-f4a4-4ca0-80ce-59456fe8bdf2_zps

Native American Medicine Wheel

92edb7d8-c290-415b-bc47-dfa63ff8c475_zps

Arrow in my back and following is the meaning of the snake

22bd8df6-a9d9-40c2-9105-03083c34b091_zps

This one is on my Thigh

IMG_1326_zpsfc788f84.jpg

IMG_1329_zps24e82535.jpg

I'm not old enough to get one, but my mum has already told me once I turn 18(she may have said 16 though) that I can get one. However when I move out on my own, and have free will, I want to get a big tattoo, starting around my elbow, going up my arm, and than down my side, onto my chest and back a little. (I'm not sure if that would be considered a sleeve or not. I pretty well know what I want it to be, I've thought about it for years.) and I want something on my feet done that leads up my leg some(kind of know what I want but not positive), Beautiful written on my wrist, with the eating disorder symbol as the a. and than probably some more that I haven't thought about yet. I also want piercings and stuff, although I won't have as many as I want when I'm older, so I can still get a job, so I'd probably stick with a septum and spider bites so I can hide/take them out.

WhenSummersGone

I don't have any but I'm opened to getting a few.

I would love more, but my pain threshold is so ridiculously low that I would have to be very, very certain that I wanted it enough to bite the bullet.

1391866_10201892669935110_1670831417_n.j

little_bird

I don't have any, but I think I'd like to get one or two. I've grown up with tattooists - my stepmum and family friends in England - so I've got options if/when I get one!

Have a zodiac symbol on my shoulder, hoping to get some more in the future. ouo Preferably on the foot and hips.

Squirrel Combat

I have none and I want none. But if I did, I would go full on "Illustrated Man".

I have a stick and poke tattoo on my left ankle, very small, about the size of a nickel. It's this symbol, called an aquarian star or a unicursal hexagram. Also the Men of Letters symbol from Supernatural. I did it once while drunk at college.This was kind of an act of subtle rebellion and a mark of independence from my parents.

man_of_letters___aquarian_star_by_chrisc

I would like to get more, when I have the money. I'm not sure what or where, though. I have a strong urge to get something on my hand/wrist/arm, but I realize that it's sometimes difficult to get hired when you have visible tattoos.

I also really like this general idea, but it would probably be a long and expensive process, and I also don't have the body type to make it look as good as this one does. At least not yet.

a61a818a26ad83f19463088cc5c4798b.jpg

I wouldn't want a bunch of cheesy tattoos, though. The body's kind of like a canvas to me, and if I'm going to put something on it permanently, I want it to flow together like one big work of art, rather than patches here and there that represent completely separate things. If that makes sense.

I have none, but I'm saving up for a sleeve that I'm designing. I'm undecided if I'll get the other arm done as well.

The tats on my arms were done many years ago, so they are referred to as 'old school'. The 2 on my legs are newer.

100_1614_zpsd9bb7c0d.jpg

100_1616_zps2e0c0e27.jpg

100_1617_zps1f164abe.jpg

100_1622_zps9e524453.jpg

d2d9738d-9e5a-474d-abea-611ae36b157f_zps

7291fdf4-59ba-4b46-a104-ff2f5d720ec6_zps

I can't get a good pic of the Phoenix on my shoulder. The star on my leg is covering another tattoo. So, technically, 8 tats total.

5_♦♣

I have one. Been thinking of getting another, but not sure what to get and where to get it.

You should get "ThaHoward<3<3<3"

I want a tattoo but I don't know how committed I am. I'm worried as soon as I get it I wont want it anymore so I'm waiting to see how much I really want it.

I have flowers all down one side of my back. I figured I can't get tired of it if I never see it. It's a pleasant surprise whenever I catch site of it in the mirror :) I don't want any more though.

You should get "ThaHoward<3<3<3"

Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it.

I have ten tattoo's and am always looking to get more. My pride and joy's are my two side pieces. A pin up and an AVEN tribute.

@Chewy- I love your arrow/snake tattoo :wub:

binary suns

someday maybe maybe someday I will :)

• 2 weeks later...

No offence anyone, but I really can't like the idea of tattoos, or for that matter piercings (even ears). I appreciate that people have some very meaningful reasons behind getting tats and will often choose something that really encapsulates something of themselves, it's not done lightly, and some of the artwork is jawdropping in its own right. But for me it seems out of place to (as it seems to me) have someone draw on or punch holes through one's own person. For me, the human body is more beautiful unadorned.

Needless to say I hit No and No :P

To each their own. I find the body more beautiful when our stories are told on them. Gives someone personality. Gets a conversation going. It's just another form of expression.

Vampyremage

I have about 45 hours of work done currently. Eventually I plan to have around 95% of my body covered.

I don't have one but I do appreciate very much. I'd like to get a tattoo on my back but I haven't been able to commit! Love all the pictures shared. <3

arcaneEnthusiast

There are so many designs that I think I would like to get, but due to metal allergies I probably won't be able to get any :/ it would suck if the ink made me sick

Where's the "maybe, not sure" option?

I've kind of considered doing a small one myself. (I have a high pain tolerance, so no worries. I pierced my own ear a few months ago just on the spur of the moment.) Just a black band around my finger because my actual ring gets so scratched up over time. I need to get around to re-oxidising it at some point...

I really really want tattoos! Its just all my plans are big, and its saving up for them thats the problem.

Archived