Cell Phones

Delerios

Cell Phones  

1. 1. Do you own a cell phone?

• Yes.
    • No. (You strange, deprived people!)
  2. 2. Which type of cell phone do you own and use primarily?

• Flip Phone
    • Slider Phone
    • Smartphone
    • Bar Phone
    • Other
    • I own and use multiple.
    • I don't own a cell phone.
  3. 3. What brand is your (primarily used) phone?

• Nokia
    • LG
    • Blackberry
    • Apple
    • Motorola
    • Samsung
    • Sony
    • HTC
    • Other
  4. 4. On average, how much time do you spend on your phone per day?

• Less than an hour.
    • 1-2 hours.
    • 3-4 hours.
    • 5-6 hours or more.

This poll is closed to new votes

Bee beep. A poll concerning the little things in our pockets we use to make calls, text, and waste entire days playing candy crush.

I come from that rare and dying breed of people who don't have a cell phone (even rarer considering I'm under 20), and as such, being not very knowledgeable, the list of brands I put up may not be the best, so please tell me if I missed a major one or put a minor one in.

Did you have to call us deprived? Thats a bit bit rude, strange yes...

It's just a touch of sarcastic humor, although I know of some people who'd say that seriously. :/

I didn't own one until last year, as I am very introverted lol. I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and it's like, nearly too big for my puny hands but I love it all the same.

5_♦♣

Glad to see that I'm not the only one w/o a cellphone.

Lambda Corvus

I currently own a smartphone, though I would be elated to swap it out for a basic flip phone. It is rare that I will use the actual telephone function, and I use the device significantly less than an hour per day (sometimes not at all).

i tried to vote using my mobile phone but page error came up :(:):d

i use my phone reasonably but the big thing i use it for is to check aven instead of turning on my laptop. i don't use it for facebook or e-mail, i can do without those but not aven.

i don't make that many calls or send that many texts.

i also use the stopwatch function.

I own an iPhone, and I rarely ever use it unless I don't have my computer or the internet is down for whatever reason. Or I've gone out with my family and they're boring as hell.

I basically only use it for internet. No one texts/calls me unless it's my parents (but even that is rare). I do have some apps I use semi-frequently. Mostly an alarm for waking up in the morning, an app that tells me the movies/times at the local theater, and tumblr. More tumblr than anything. Also the 2048 game I love playing.

Overall, I think I'd be fine without my phone, but it's kind of a comfort for me to have it, especially out in public. With my anxiety, it's easy to just pull it out and pretend to be preoccupied so no one is tempted to talk to me and I don't feel like everyone is watching me and judging me.

I didn't have a phone until I moved off campus my Junior year of college. We didn't have a phone in the house and my parents didn't appreciate my bliss at not having to deal with a phone. So they showed up with one and told me I had to use it. I'm still on their plan since they know I probably wouldn't bother if I had to pay for it myself.

It's a small flip phone that's almost 6 years old, and I use it as a phone some (not a big talker) and I use the alarm function. I took one picture so I could use it as the background instead of the phone company's logo.

littleheartsofjoy

Yes, I own and use multiple (I have a basic touchscreen phone but I also have a smartphone that I am not using as a phone currently), Other (Pantech) and finally, probably one to two hours a day at most with checking scores on the smartphone, streaming/playing music, alarm on it, but less than an hour is probably more accurate.

catsaregood

Was I the only person who had to google 'bar phone'? And it's what I have! Maybe it's an American term...

Anyways, I use mine mostly for texting, for calendar notes, very occasionally for accessing email or fb (it's very limited in what you can do with the internetz). Like luxurieux, I like to have it to look occupied in public :) - I'm also not great when I think people are staring!

Oh, and it's my alarm clock too!

I technically own a cell phone...but I kind of threw it in a lake last week, so it's dead. Welp.

Anyway, I'm one for cheap flip-phones that can call and text but not much else.

You strange, deprived people!

Proudly strange & deprived ! . lol . personally i hate phones

I don't own a cell phone but as a nurses' aide I carry a phone at work... who wants to talk on the phone after 8 hours of people calling and saying,

"Jockey, can you bring me a sandwich?"

"Hello, can you please tell my mother to answer her phone."

"Jockey, can you collect a urine specimen?"

"Hello, can I talk to Rita?"

"Hey Jockey, can you take my phone while I go out?"

"Where's my damn laundry?"

"Oh, Jockey, is that you? Wow, uh, look, I could use a favor here, can you help me contact these people about a horse?"

So at home I'm very happy when the (landline) phone doesn't ring.

WhenSummersGone

I have an iPhone from Apple and I use it a lot. I'm addicted to it actually lol.

Apple iPhone 4S. I plan on getting at least a 5C in September when my contract runs out. My Mum has one and I'm jealous - I need more storage space for my music!! I unashamedly love Apple products and I hate the clunkyness of Samsung phones - my sister and my Dad have Samsungs, and I just can't get on with them. My iPhone is a total joy to use. I don't know how I existed without one to be honest. A lot of the time, I listen to music or audiobooks while I'm working too.

My usage changes day to day. Sometimes I'll barely touch it, and sometimes I won't take my eyes of it. It depends how busy I am with work or actual important things. I usually manage to sneak in at least a couple of hours before bedtime though.

I have a simple bar phone, Nokia 113, which I bought in October in an emergency situation when my prevous, more option-rich bar phone started malfuctioning. It turned out that having it repaired would cost me quite a bit so I decided to buy one that would cost not much more than the cost of shipping my old one to the service place :)

I use it quite heavily, even though, for today's standards, it only offers rather basic options. People rarely contact me and I rarely contact them, so the options I use most are: mp3 player, notepad, e-mail client, and alarm. I find it hard to say how much time I spend using it daily, so I checked less than an hour. I'm on the fence on whether or not to buy a new one, with more options, but even if I do, it won't be a smartphone.

littlepersonparadox

Ok I. Know this isn't everyone's favourite phone but I have a windows phone.

iamphoenixfire

god i want a smartphone our teachers are expecting that we have them but my mother doesn't believe in them and thinks they're just a fad but really they're reality and where the world is going. so i have a silder phone. yay.

Vivaldi Ives

god i want a smartphone our teachers are expecting that we have them but my mother doesn't believe in them and thinks they're just a fad but really they're reality and where the world is going. so i have a silder phone. yay.

Wow. If I were a teacher I wouldn't expect that! But then again, I just have a slider phone too. I only got it because I lost my original so-old-fashioned-and-unbreakable Nokia phone after 5 years. I've had the slider for about 3 years now. I actually don't want a smartphone ever if I can help it. I got a tablet computer recently and it does most things a phone can (it can't make calls or take pictures though) but the screen is much bigger, which I prefer. Smartphones are a lot more expensive too.

littleheartsofjoy

Me too, my other phone is a Windows Phone. I don't understand the hate for it, aside from the lack of apps (in comparison to Android and iOS), but I really don't care all that much for apps anyway.

The Great WTF

Galaxy S5, best phone I've ever owned. I live on this thing. I don't have much time to sit down with a computer so most of my AVEN time is spent on my phone. I need it for college as well, since I'm a student teacher and spend a lot of time emailing students and monitoring the class forums.

I have a Blackberry which I rarely use.

frecklesandyarn

Simple prepaid flip phone that my mom got me 2 years ago in case of emergency. I'm glad I have it now because of work and my minuscule social life.

Me too, my other phone is a Windows Phone. I don't understand the hate for it, aside from the lack of apps (in comparison to Android and iOS), but I really don't care all that much for apps anyway.

Interestingly, apparently there are stats saying that Poland is the world leader in terms of Windows' market share on mobile phones.

Simple prepaid flip phone that my mom got me 2 years ago in case of emergency. I'm glad I have it now because of work and my minuscule social life.

I'm planning to switch to prepaid too. I have a mix now but about 80% of my monthly top-ups go to waste. The money just sits there and I have no use for it.

I have an LG smartphone. It's garbage. But it cost me a ton (I bought it outright) so I can't find it in me to replace it before at least 4 years with it. This is, maybe, year three. I have an hour lunch break at work so often I'm on my phone for a lot of that. And if I take the bus to work, which I do about half the time, then I'm on the phone for some of that as well. And sometimes I read fan fiction from my phone at night when I can't be bothered to use my laptop.

So... I voted 1-2 hours, but it can be a fair bit longer.

I spend all day on my phone but I get off and on all day. Listen to music, play games, read choose your own adventure books, watch youtubers (pewdiepie, Jacksepticeye, RachelandJun, KisaMake, Danisnotonfire), check facebook once a week or so. I think collectively I spend a lot of time on my phone but I don't do it all at once.

Archived