What's special about WorldPride 2014

I was googling where WorldPride was held. I found that WorldPride happens on a 5-year cycle. 2014 is out of cycle and coincides with the 45th anniversary of the Stonewall Riots on June 28th.

• Like 2
catsaregood

Oh, I thought it was every year! oops :) Good idea to have an extra one for the Stonewall riots' anniversary. I'm just sorry it's too far for me!

littlepersonparadox

It's cool. I get why they decided to do a extra once because of the stone wall riots thing. Plus more exposure for everyone. Sorry to hear tronto is too far for you. If it is any consolation i may not get to go myself.

yeah, I mean it seems like there is always a Pride parade happening around you somewhere. I guess those are not THE WorldPride.

littlepersonparadox

More awesome still this is the first one in North America!

Oh, I thought it was every year! oops :) Good idea to have an extra one for the Stonewall riots' anniversary. I'm just sorry it's too far for me!

I was thinking every few years LOL .oops. I agree cool idea they're doing an extra one for the Stonewall riots' anniversary! (didn't actually know that). Unfortunately its too far for me as well, I'd love to go.

• 8 years later...

(Below is an official, green, mod message.)

Hi, everyone. This event has finished.

So, it's being locked.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator