Cemetery Man

eched

Not directly related to asexuality, and the film is pretty old, but there is a rather well liked cult classic zombie film called Cemetery Man. You can see it on youtube if you want. One of the characters in it, a girl, is sex repulsed and openly says sex grosses her out.

Not a very good representation at all, in fact it's pretty offensive as in the film...

Trigger warning: the spoiler includes discussion of rape

A guy wants to win the girls heart so he decides to get a doctor to give him a drug to kill his sex drive. After that he tracks the girl down and she tells him that she has just been raped and she loved it and now she can't live without sex. Yes, the film uses sex repulsion as an excuse for a rape joke. Yes, it really killed my enjoyment of the film.

So, little film. Likely not many people know of it, but thought I would post about it.

*shudder*

:(

This hits a bit close to home on the whole "You just need a good @#!$ing" response to asexuality. And, worse, it propagates the idea that someone who is sex-repulsed just needs some sex to turn around.

I think I'll pass on the movie, thanks...

Can't blame you. It's a small part in the film, but it's a pointless and hateful part that added nothing to the show and only made me question the film makers. Honestly, I see horror for the make up, gore and original stories. I don't want to see a horror that just supports being mean.

Archived