How do you eat cake? forks vs hands vs ?

Morgen/Tara

1. 1. How do you eat cake? (normally)

• Fork
    • spoon
    • Hands
    • Spork
    • other please state bellow
  2. 2. How do you think cake should be eaten?

• hands
    • fork
    • spoon/ other

This poll is closed to new votes

binary suns

I usually eat with a fork, because people usually put icing on cake, and icing is grooossss!

but when I make cake, I make it without icing, and eat it as cake is suppossed to bee eaten, with mah hands!

edit: the fork over spoon because I only use forks to eat. everything except soup can be eaten with a fork, which can be eaten with the bowl and its brim and by drinking. and knives are overrated, a good fork will cut anything just as well as a knife. except steak, which I don't eat.

• 3 months later...

On the rare occasions I eat cake it is with fingers. If something like a gateau then a spoon may be cleaner, though!

• 2 weeks later...

Fork. For some reason spoons irritate me when I'm trying to eat dessert hahaha

It depends on where you are. If you're home, just dig into it with your fingers, then lick the plate.

Spectre/Ex/Machina

Usually forks.

I don't eat cake. Honestly, if my mother doesn't help me learn how to make that vegan cake I'm going to refuse to do anything next year for my birthday. (They try getting me to go out to resturants, also, she would not let me use her kitchen to cook it on my own. Which may just be reasonable.)

I use telekinesis. . . When I don't use my hands.

I basically use a fork for everything except cereal and soup lol...so, fork. I use a spoon sometimes, but that's only if I can't find a fork! :cake:

It depends ^^

Cake with icing or filling = Fork

Just a plain cake with no icing or filling = Hands, why not. It won't be very messy ^^

Cake with ice cream = A spoon or spork

I am of the belief that everything should be eaten with a titanium spork.

(Not really.)

Aisntllecxtual

Fork, but, again, if I didn't have the protective wrapper on a chocolate bar to prevent it from becoming a finger-licking affair, I would place it on a plate and use a knife and fork. It's not like I'm against getting my hands messy. At a previous job, my workmates and I went out to eat at an Afghani restarant. Before entering, I informed them that they have to be prepared that they would be eating with their hands from a communal plate and it would be messy. Warning duly ignored. The waiter came over with a communal plate that was certainly not finger food, and no utensils. I and one other colleague primitively dug in quickly and ravenously. All the others just stared at us, but it didn't take them long to realize we would eat it all if they didn't get over their squirmy reservations. :lol:

• 4 months later...

I just kind of point my face in the right direction and let gravity do the rest

It depends on the cake. Plain cake, with my hands. Cream cake, with a spoon.

Happy Kitty

Spoons because you can get every last crumb with a spoon. Bits fall through fork tines, and I want to eat every last bit of my cake.

If a spoon isn't available, a fork is acceptable.

I usually use a fork. I would use a spoon if I'm eating a cake with ice cream.

When it's just cake alone, I use a fork. If it's ice cream cake, I use a spoon. If it's cake with a side of ice cream, I use a spoon.

RunLikeAFox

Eating cake with your hands is a lot more fun but sometimes there is just too much frosting

Fork. Always a fork. Spoons are also acceptable as are sporks. But I find forks make the most sense out of the options.

• 1 month later...
GoosePeelings

If the cake's solid enough I use hands, otherwise I prefer a spoon. I'm fine with a fork though.

Face first. There is no other acceptable way.

Archived